Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 419 | 420 | 421 | 422 | 423 | 424 | 425 | 426 | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | 436 | 437 | 438 | 439 | | Last >
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ReverendMyc] * 3
    #29260647 -

Will do. And thanks for believing in me rev.    I was going to be pretty bummed if everybody that claimed in my giveaway got fruits before I ever even got close lol.


Well I would have been super proud of them but still bummed LOL


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (06/24/25 09:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29260648 -

Hell yeah, brotha. Glad to see you get them going! 🤙


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #29260650 -

Thanks teapot.  :rockon:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29260815 -

@lew those are very nice, look so healthy the caps seem happy AF.
@callmehippie, they look great! I love how the pins come through.

away from phone for photos, but a clone I grabbed using Fahtsters modified josex poke is coming up clean 2 days on :laugh:

Trying to get tissue from a first flush noodlish semp was... Something else.
Mashing loads of caps trying to tear the fruit.
In future Ill wait.
Even with promising signs and following all conventional print methods and tips I've never managed a print of these :/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Lithop] * 1
    #29260822 -

Yeah grabbing clones is no cakewalk :lol: Take some swabs while on your quest for prints...Lew really eased my mind with that simple reminder

Lookin good hippie :woot: helluva hail mary!


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 3
    #29260823 -

Oh I have swabs, I don't like them
:spoiled:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Lithop]
    #29260825 -



--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 2
    #29260826 -

:snub:
It's like, I prefer for the spore in my custody to feel gravitys sweet pull lulling them into the next step of their journey, rather than barbarously evicting them with a cotton spear... That is just me though
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Lithop] * 2
    #29260835 -

No shame in artificial insemination


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 4
    #29260836 -

You really got to get in there all sweaty like.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: DERRAYLD] * 7
    #29260838 -



I haven't been fucked like that since grade school


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Edited by Dala (06/25/25 05:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 5
    #29260843 -

:lol:
"I am Jack Frosts ruptured lamella."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Lithop] * 10
    #29260928 -



Upcoming third try with semps next to my eventual fourth try that I inoculated yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: callmehippie]
    #29261094 -

Awesome!!  Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.  All my boxes still looking good, but no pins yet.  Hoping to get some pictures up here before we go on vacation.  I'm really hoping I return to pins :smile:

So clarify on the casing........Said no casing and then looks like you mentioned casing and those look like they are cased.

Did you case after pins?  Just wondering what you mean by forced to do no casing...

I cased mine with a variety of different things after they colonized the top layer. I spawned to bulk on 6/12 and cased on 6/19.  Some have recommended higher substrate to bulk ratio than 1.5:1.  Like maybe 2.5:1.  I'm gonna try that..  I've got 5 jars going from t1 plates and got 5 more t2 plates behind those. 

The cultures I got from you were perfectly clean.  Thank you once again.


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 1
    #29261474 -

He was saying  that the top layer didn't even get fully colonized before pins. Which is on point for these cultures, but mine are usually almost finished with the top layer when knotting, then I'll wait a couple more days and see how the pin set looks before I give a little bit of a late casing .


Haven't really measured ratio in a while but only real difference I've noticed  is time it takes till pins. Maybe number of flushes too...

Edited by LewDoja (06/25/25 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: LewDoja] * 3
    #29261496 -

I am running Hippie's giveaway too :mushroom2:
Should I be concerned that one jar looks whispier then the other? both inoculated on 6/3, late shake at 90% about a week ago, both recovered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: the_pizza_squirrel] * 1
    #29261644 -

they look fine!


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: callmehippie]
    #29261664 -

callmehippie said:
Will do. And thanks for believing in me rev.    I was going to be pretty bummed if everybody that claimed in my giveaway got fruits before I ever even got close lol.


Well I would have been super proud of them but still bummed LOL



I just spawn to bulk two jars with your subtropicalis but incidently mix them with another one jar with different culture. I label jars sam from samperviva and sub from subtropicalis and mix them then realized what i do. Anyway will see whata going from there. I have a lot more to run proper.

Edited by maimunji (06/26/25 02:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: maimunji] * 11
    #29262034 -

i just had 2g fresh to test a culture.
yes 2g :smile: that is one middle sized mushroom.
3.5 hrs ago.
i feel down now, but still glowing..
HOW STRONG ARE THESE FRESH FOR GOD‘s SAKE !!!
it made the walls breathe for a short while.. and the glow .. so rich
:aweyeah:

edit: i have 0 tolerance obviously


--------------------
the observer is the observed
            j. krishnamurti


>The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Shroomery<

Edited by chris77 (06/26/25 02:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: chris77] * 4
    #29262051 -

Semps have no chill dude


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 419 | 420 | 421 | 422 | 423 | 424 | 425 | 426 | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | 436 | 437 | 438 | 439 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 629,325 16,124 10/03/26 09:10 AM
by Guerrilla
* Official Ps papuana Cultivation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 )
wavyedge 16,150 416 09/28/26 12:39 AM
by Kloakk
* The official PF TEK cultivation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
callmehippieS 4,984 177 10/02/26 05:22 PM
by fahtster
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 588,724 15,114 10/03/26 12:21 AM
by 99.99
* Psilocybe × zinnii nom. prov. official thread.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Bigworm 1,997 102 10/03/26 10:36 PM
by CosmicCamote
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,222 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,179 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,424 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
354,328 topic views. 19 members, 56 guests and 310 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.635 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.