Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 418 | 419 | 420 | 421 | 422 | 423 | 424 | 425 | 426 | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | 436 | 437 | 438 | | Last >
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 3
    #29256726 -

Mine are getting all crazy fuzzy too :thumbup:


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Mr Piggy] * 11
    #29257075 -

15 days since first pins. Jesus…they are slow! But they sure are pretty.









--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: NotImlay] * 2
    #29257098 -

That's alot knots coming next :congrats:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: rhizoRider] * 4
    #29257189 -

:whathesaid:
:lookslucrative:
Nice, I love the look of them at that stage. Lilttle caramel lollipops....
:homerdrool:
mmmmmmmmmmmm suptrpops.........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: NotImlay]
    #29257316 -

Look on the bright side. Fresh mushroom supply for months

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Blueberry Muffin]
    #29257353 -

Why are these aborting? Could it be the heat? Infrequent misting?



--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 3
    #29257373 -

Vert maybe?

Put an inch of water in the bottom of that tub, that’s what I do with my top fruit tubs.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Mr Piggy] * 15
    #29258283 -


:shpongle:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Lithop] * 2
    #29258529 -

That is most excellent!


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 3
    #29258783 -

:carlton:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: YoshiTrainer] * 7
    #29259215 -

Clone on bottom



--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: EniQma]
    #29259472 -

I am going to be away for a week coming up soon.  My subtrops are in shoeboxes, colonized, cased,  and waiting on primordia, and waiting on pinning.....

Lids are on, unlatched, not flipped, room lighting + led 12h cycle daily.

Options.....
1. LITFA....
2. Close lids on shoeboxes.
3. Mist, leave lids unlatched.
4. Mist and latch lids.
5. Put shoeboxes in larger tote with water in bottom and crack lids...
6. Stick in grow tent with humidity set to 85, 90, 95 %? Lids?

Any takers on this multiple choice test??


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 2
    #29259505 -

As far as your best option, idk I can't call it. But I did notice that without a certain amount of air flow the myc in my tubs stayed vegetative and would not shift towards fruiting.

How many shoeboxes do you have? Maybe you can try several options.


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 2
    #29259539 -

I have 5.  Cased with different stuff.....pateurized field cap vermiculite, dry jiffy mix out of bag (then sprayed), sterilized field capacity peat moss/verm 50/50  so already trying different things.

I'll get some pictures up closer to the time I'm leaving and see if anyone has any last minute recommendations.  Definitely gonna LITFA on one....that is my primary mode of operation when I can get away with it.


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Dala] * 10
    #29259559 -

2022 clone revived from an old plate I kept in the myco fridge.



Has been a while. I forgot how slow these actually are. Also I wonder if there's  such a thing as too wet for these guys?

5-6 more weeks from here?
Spawned May, 29th

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 7
    #29259900 -

hardhead43 said:
Options.....
1. LITFA....
2. Close lids on shoeboxes.
3. Mist, leave lids unlatched. (Unless super dry, maybe a fine mist on the walls)
4. Mist and latch lids.
5. Put shoeboxes in larger tote with water in bottom and crack lids...
6. Stick in grow tent with humidity set to 85, 90, 95 %? Lids?:shrug:

Any takers on this multiple choice test??



3 + 1 OR 5 + 1







Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #29260403 -

Thanks.  Option 3 is basically same as 1.  I think I'll just make sure condensation on walls and let most of them ride with lids unlatched and I'll stick 1 or 2 in a tote with water in the bottom with lid cocked on the tote and lids unlatched on shoeboxes.  I'll have 5 more jars ready to spawn to bulk when I get back and will use a higher ratio of coir to spawn in larger boxes and use clear lids. 

Living and learning............


--------------------
I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I have taken 20 grams of fresh subtropicalis :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Hardhead] * 3
    #29260440 -

hardhead43 said:
I am going to be away for a week coming up soon.  My subtrops are in shoeboxes, colonized, cased,  and waiting on primordia, and waiting on pinning.....

Lids are on, unlatched, not flipped, room lighting + led 12h cycle daily.

Options.....
1. LITFA....
2. Close lids on shoeboxes.
3. Mist, leave lids unlatched.
4. Mist and latch lids.
5. Put shoeboxes in larger tote with water in bottom and crack lids...
6. Stick in grow tent with humidity set to 85, 90, 95 %? Lids?

Any takers on this multiple choice test??



I use a larger tote with lid like this and mist twice a day



--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: EniQma] * 11
    #29260600 -

Finally got some pins!

I was forced to do no casing. Basically appears like it didn't colonize the top at all before these pins started popping up.











I got to say I am so freaking happy. I have had the absolute worst most discouraging month ever. Every project I've done over the past month has fallen to the green monster.(20+ projects) Plates looked very clean grain was very clean went through two recovery shakes no problem. Somehow all triched out 10 days after going to bulk.  Including six subtrop jars.

I know the subtrop culture was good and clean cuz everybody that participated in my giveaway has given great review back about no issues with contams.    Anyways.  Tdlr lol.

This was the very last jar of subtrop I had left. I spawned it thinking for sure it would do the same thing. But to my surprise I came home the other day and had pins! So yay for that! I really needed a win. And +10 for it being semps.

So is this when I start the misting? Or should I wait for them to get bigger?



Oh just for reference.  This was 1:2.5

50/50 mix of CV/jiffy mix (straight out the bag)

1/2pt of spawn

Very lightly leveled. I used my trowel and just laid it on top. no pressing or packing.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (07/08/25 04:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: callmehippie] * 6
    #29260631 -

I knew you would do it.

Yes, keep them misted now. They like to have tiny droplets all over them a couple times a day. They can take it. Just try to stop short of puddles on the substrate and give them enough air for the droplets to evaporate within an hour or so.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 418 | 419 | 420 | 421 | 422 | 423 | 424 | 425 | 426 | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | 436 | 437 | 438 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,593 15,119 10/08/26 07:29 PM
by Scemilope
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 630,387 16,126 10/08/26 04:00 PM
by kyu
* Official Panaeolus sp. IND01 thread - an undescribed Copelandia from India
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
tree frog 4,380 160 10/07/26 11:28 PM
by ceeveegee
* Using Beneficial Nematodes for Fungal Gnat Control CaptainLinger 2,259 8 09/19/07 07:04 AM
by ThePyschonaut52
* Nematodes: I need some help caphillkid 860 7 05/22/09 11:00 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Nematodes? Agarico 749 1 03/14/03 06:02 AM
by MAIA
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,231 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,183 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
355,680 topic views. 12 members, 92 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.