Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | 1353 | 1354 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polyflakes] * 1
    #28994090 -

Hi Guy's what's,
I am new to Agar but it looks good here i don't see Contam ore so???









Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Fiet] * 3
    #28994447 -

Finally got a decent looking transfer! I see some sectors that look like they need to get on some grains!



This is PE7 LC to agar to agar to agar.  :agar:  That makes it a T2, right? I'm trying to figure out where to start counting those.



Please pardon the clumsy labeling, I have a better solution for that now.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 5
    #28994512 -

If it was a vendor lc to begin with it's probably already been transferred a few times, and hopefully a preforming iso.
So it's probably not that big of deal to keep track of T(n).
Except for your own records.

After MS,  each transfer iteration is then subject to the parent
So in theory...
   
Quote:
Base Parent Identifiers from MS: 
- PE-A1 (First Parent) 
- PE-B1 (Second Parent) 

Generation 1: 
PE-A1 
  * PE-A2-A 
    - PE-A3-A1 
      - PE-A4-A1-1 
      - PE-A4-A1-2 
    - PE-A3-A2 
      - PE-A4-A2-1 
      - PE-A4-A2-2 
  * PE-A2-B 
    - PE-A3-B1 
      - PE-A4-B1-1 (Variation 1 of PE-A4-B1) 
      - PE-A4-B1-2 (Variation 2 of PE-A4-B1) 
    - PE-A3-B2 
      - PE-A4-B2-1 (Variation 1 of PE-A4-B2) 
      - PE-A4-B2-2 (Variation 2 of PE-A4-B2) 

PE-B1 
  * PE-B2-A 
    - PE-B3-A1 
      - PE-B4-A1-1 (Variation 1 of PE-B4-A1) 
      - PE-B4-A1-2 (Variation 2 of PE-B4-A1) 
    - PE-B3-A2 
      - PE-B4-A2-1 (Variation 1 of PE-B4-A2) 
      - PE-B4-A2-2 (Variation 2 of PE-B4-A2) 
  * PE-B2-B 
    - PE-B3-B1 
      - PE-B4-B1-1 (Variation 1 of PE-B4-B1) 
      - PE-B4-B1-2 (Variation 2 of PE-B4-B1) 
    - PE-B3-B2 
      - PE-B4-B2-1 (Variation 1 of PE-B4-B2) 
      - PE-B4-B2-2 (Variation 2 of PE-B4-B2)
 
this allows you to easily decipher the Transfer (n) as in the last example is the fourth transfer from the original dish no matter which subsequent iteration(s) that it came from.
And keeps it from becoming mortal kombat cheat code (ABACABB)







And keep notes on performing cultures and discard those that aren't.
***PROTIP*** plates accumulate.."like resin n bongs"

Edited by LewDoja (10/21/24 04:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #28994623 -

Thank you, that all makes sense. It was a vendor LC, which I used to make more LC. Which has been on agar for a couple of transfers. Thank you for clarifying that. :smile:


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KlarnEvil9]
    #28995132 -

I have plates do this occasionally and I'll transfer away to be safe, but I am curious what do you think is the cause of the mycelium jumping like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #28995314 -

[image][/image]

Invitro??? Today clonation


--------------------




" Antes de que cambien los reinos, es necesario que cambien los individuos"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LewDoja]
    #28995321 -

Ok, that chart is awesome. And that last line just brings this song to my head!


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 1
    #28995355 -

It's only T2, but I think I'm going to inoculate some PF Tek cakes with an agar LI. If there is uniform growth and pinning all throughout the plate, that is a good sign that there is no bacteria right?





--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies]
    #28995362 -

What is the formula of your agar? Excelent work


--------------------




" Antes de que cambien los reinos, es necesario que cambien los individuos"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DRAKENCL] * 1
    #28995366 -

That’s my gnocchi water agar, it’s in my sig. i drain the water from making packaged gnocchis, 1000ml, I add 16-18 grams of agar powder and a drop of maple syrup.

Thank you!


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 1
    #28995917 -

It's actually a reference to this song.
"Knowledge is accumelated like resins in bongs"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LewDoja] * 7
    #28995933 -

Ain’t she purrty? Pin on agar plate cloned and then transferred once.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dad_Shroomer]
    #28995979 -

Im wondering about some nat clones I have going. These are t1 transfers.


I think these 2 are ok


But I am concerned about these.


They were all transfer from the same clone plate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mishro] * 1
    #28996153 -

If they're all from the same... just focus on the second plate 1st pic. Make a couple more transfers and send it. 👍

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LewDoja] * 2
    #28996198 -

I was perusing this lovely thread and I thought of an idea of some agar art that I am going to attempt soon with active mycelium. In the meantime, here's the prototype courtesy of AI:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LightShedder] * 4
    #28996349 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: M3ngusD3w] * 4
    #28996609 -

Wild cube spores be bangin



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: 3.A.M] * 1
    #28996947 -



Tomentose growth or contaminated? I wont lie, the tomentose growth is tricky for me still.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 3
    #28996952 -



The better transfers I took last week golden teacher , treasure coast and pe.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 4
    #28996954 -

ThurmanMurman said:


Tomentose growth or contaminated? I wont lie, the tomentose growth is tricky for me still.



Looks like a clean plate to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | 1353 | 1354 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 69 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 73 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,390 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,938 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,211 topic views. 10 members, 112 guests and 236 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.031 seconds on 18 queries.