Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | | Last >
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow] * 2
    #28737914 -

I have this mini Genesis with a bunch of games on it that I got from a thrift store. It has an actual cartridge slot too. I couldn't find much on it that I wanted to play, and it seemed to have a lot of the best selling titles. Whereas some of my favorite games of all time are on SNES. I've always been a Nintendo fan over anything else. Though it's bullshit how they rerelease Wii U stuff at full price. There should have been a real sequel to Mario 3D World for Switch by now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #28737916 -

spirit_shadow said:
JonBongGroovy said:
I wanted one of those growing up as a kid we just had the first Nintendo then Sega then Nintendo 64.



I think all of the old systems were and still are top tier :highfive1:



I think so too, I'm looking into buying one of those game consoles that has tons of vintage video games stored in it.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: Mystikal] * 1
    #28737917 -

Mystikal said:
Yeah vintage games aren't cheap anymore. I paid $50 for Mario Kart SNES a few years back.



I'm sooooo glad I never sold mine 💀



And funny story about my snes. My mom sold it in a yard sale she was having while I was out paintballing back in highschool...she fucking sold it to one of my friends......I NEVER let that shit go and a handful of years ago she brought it up and HELL YEAH I was still upset....so she got ahold of my friend and got it back 🤣


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #28737926 -




:dealwithwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #28737929 -

Are you threatening me? :beavis1:


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow] * 2
    #28737947 -

Although I knew people with SNESes growing up, Mario Kart 64 was the first Mario Kart game I played, so when I finally played the original, I thought it sucked. Everything's flat, no banked curves, the handling's all janky etc. Although I found that graphics mode really mind blowing in some other games that used it for overworld maps etc.

It's like trying to sit through an episode of the original Star Trek if you grew up on TNG. You are trying to like it because it paved the way for the other thing, but a bunch of the stuff you like about the later thing is absent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: psi] * 1
    #28737964 -

psi said:
Although I knew people with SNESes growing up, Mario Kart 64 was the first Mario Kart game I played, so when I finally played the original, I thought it sucked. Everything's flat, no banked curves, the handling's all janky etc. Although I found that graphics mode really mind blowing in some other games that used it for overworld maps etc.

It's like trying to sit through an episode of the original Star Trek if you grew up on TNG. You are trying to like it because it paved the way for the other thing, but a bunch of the stuff you like about the later thing is absent



I've had both of these experiences, I feel your pain :hugitout:


--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: psi]
    #28737969 -

yeah it is like that if you play things backwards 🤣


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #28738020 -

I’m old enough to barely remember playing pong. Got an Atari around the age of 8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow] * 3
    #28738027 -

spirit_shadow said:
Jean-Luc Picard said:
I had an N64 and then a GameCube, Banjo-Kazooie and LoZ: Windwaker were some of my favorites.



Oh yeah gamecube....shit. yeah I can't pick a favorite :lol:



Wow.  Banjo-Kazooie?  Ha, I haven't heard that name in a looong time.

I had that N64 too.  Good times back in more innocent days.  :sadyes:


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #28738031 -

The Blind Ass said:
spirit_shadow said:
Jean-Luc Picard said:
I had an N64 and then a GameCube, Banjo-Kazooie and LoZ: Windwaker were some of my favorites.



Oh yeah gamecube....shit. yeah I can't pick a favorite :lol:



Wow.  Banjo-Kazooie?  Ha, I haven't heard that name in a looong time.

I had that N64 too.  Good times back in more innocent days.  :sadyes:



Get a pc and get all the emulators and you can relive those times :vibin:


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: spirit_shadow] * 2
    #28738050 -

I appreciate the suggestion but I already have a pressure cooker and it sucks at playing Banjo-Kazooie.


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: The Blind Ass] * 1
    #28738125 -

The Blind Ass said:
spirit_shadow said:
Jean-Luc Picard said:
I had an N64 and then a GameCube, Banjo-Kazooie and LoZ: Windwaker were some of my favorites.



Oh yeah gamecube....shit. yeah I can't pick a favorite :lol:



Wow.  Banjo-Kazooie?  Ha, I haven't heard that name in a looong time.

I had that N64 too.  Good times back in more innocent days.  :sadyes:



Banjo-Kazooie low key had the best music in any N64 game.

si=FOKPnLMr4-i6GYmj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: PatrickKn] * 2
    #28738137 -

Hahaha, that it did, that it did. 

A few of those are basically fused with my very being.

Srsly though, Mumbo's Hut...

:awepreciation:


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #28738190 -

ballsalsa said:
Knew a girl who had her tits done at 16.  This would have been shortly after the millennium.



"And we would all find that deplorable anyway, which is the point."

Generic Hero and Lynch are the prototypical gender activists who argue the same non-points. You will never have a point against them because any source that supports your point is clearly "anti-trans." Their entire argument is built upon a logical fallacy because it accepts "trans" as a real thing that doesn't need to be questioned or evidenced (and they demand you accept this, too).

Much of this religion uses the same tactics throughout, obfuscating reality with duping language. I mean, these are the people shouting down people as hateful bigots for correctly calling men what they are: men. Every trans-identified person already has the same rights as any of us, including for gender/sex. So they try and change the meaning of gender in order to supersede sex. It's insane.

If you don't join their congregation, you're obviously brainwashed by the alt-right hate groups spreading this hate-filled hating that LiTeRAlLy DeHuMaNiZeS tRaNs PeOpLe. There's many parallels between this cult and Q-Anon qultists, especially the irony. The trans-activists are usually oblivious to their projection and irony, similar to the Qultists calling everyone "sheep" using the motto: Where One Of Us Goes, We All Go!

Most are meaning well, but that just makes it harder to deprogram your brain. If you truly believe children need this in order to not die, how couldn't you support it? Hence, when they see us correctly calling out the obvious issues, they think we've been hearing hate from programs we don't even watch. "How can they contribute to the trans-genocide by wanting to ban puberty blockers? They must've been listening to powerful right-wing rhetoric!"

In reality, I'm not afraid of either sides talking points or rhetoric because I'm intellectually capable of engaging with ideas without believing them. The fear in engaging with ideas are closer to their projections I'm talking about + cognitive dissonance. Outright refusal to engage with "anti-trans propaganda" because it might make sense is to avoid the cognitive dissonance:

"Wait, if what they're saying makes sense, it actually isn't "anti-trans" at all. And if that's true, I might actually be on the wrong side of things. And if both of those are true, I'm actually not helping children at all... I'm actually endorsing the harming of children I thought I was protecting."

At that point, you're either someone capable of changing your beliefs (which actually are bigoted toward the imagined "anti-trans" people you argue with) or you're not. Most aren't. it's also tougher when you're faced with the potential that you've been the harmful one instead. I also expect those who believe they're trans to reject the truth much easier, especially the youth, which is natural and not an insult.

It's all completely insane that we're at this point, tbh. And I share some blame for not speaking out sooner. Reality is hanging on by a tattered thread.

Edited by stareatclouds (04/15/24 04:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: stareatclouds] * 2
    #28738351 -

:coolpost:

Very cool bro, thanks for whipping all of us into shape and convincing us that what you originally posted as an unpopular opinion is actually objective fact, and popular to boot. I think your long-winded posts filled with insults and sources that link to .orgs founded and run by individuals that are on-record about their anti-trans viewpoints, have effectively convinced us of our errors and converted all of us to the "right" side of history.

Same with pitbulls, I'm personally ready to exterminate 90 million lives indiscriminately after reading back through this thread. Fuck responsible dog parents and their bully-like breeds, amirite? :hairmetal:

Now that I've been appropriately re-educated, can we pwetty please talk about old video game platforms, or maybe someone else's unpopular opinions for a little while, if I pinky promise to advocate for...whatever the fuck you just carpet-bombed over the last 5 months of this thread?

I really appreciate you. :highfive:


--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #28738372 -

As I said, their viewpoints are centered on their own subjective opinion of "trans" being an objective and accepted fact. Thus, anything pushing back is considered "anti-trans", including the opinion of doctors and researchers. There's no reason to shout down people advocating for the requirement of better evidence to questionable treatment. That should be encouraged, especially when there's plenty of evidence to irreparable harm done to vulnerable children.

If you're going to ignore all evidence that challenges the bullshit you're spewing as fact, why are you replying in the first place? Why did you not respond to me here and rebut the evidence I posted? You didn't even respond to what I'd actually brought up in the first place, either. That's why it took 20 replies of me pointing it out (to no avail) before I just tapped out. I'm still waiting for you to show me where I "dropped a bunch of transphobic media as sources", too.

But hey, a hit dog will holler, eh? It must suck to realize you've been advocating harmful practices to children. I can see why you're lashing out.

But maybe if reading 500 words on a message board is too much for you, more nuanced topics like this one are out of your reach? That seems to be the case since you're also equally lost when discussing fighting dogs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: stareatclouds] * 1
    #28738382 -

:thefuckisthis:

I already said I believe you now and that you've convinced me, why are you still poasting like we are arguing? Idk that might be a typo or miscommunication. Anyway, to be clear, you officially won and we are all convinced. If you're still poasting in an argumentative stance, then you're preaching to the choir at this point. We all know and agree.

Even so, I get tired of being told the same thing paraphrased over and over again that I've already agreed with, hence my question on moving on to another topic for a bit. I think 100+ posts in the last few days on this topic, while most of the other regulars in this thread desperately try to talk about something else, is indication enough that we're all burned out on this topic, and at that point continuing to post about it in a thread that we didn't specifically originate for this topic is the definition of hijacking or otherwise derailing a thread.

Something to consider :highfive:


--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #28738400 -

You're disingenuously acting like I'm the one keeping the conversation going. If people don't want to discuss it, they can ignore it. You don't dictate the flow of the thread and nobody gives a fuck about "regulars." Plenty of people kept discussing it in my absence. It's the free market of message boarding, unfortunately.

All you did in response to me posting evidence against your claims was tell me you don't GAF about my opinion, leave me a negative review, and falsely accuse me of posting "transphobic media as sources." It's very juvenile, just like your responses above. 

Go be a crybully elsewhere, bro. You don't get to dictate who replies to you, especially when you're going out of your way to instigate by directly insulting people. You also don't get to dictate when I can or can't reply to comments directly replying to me. It's also an extremely immature stance to distort the other person's arguments in your sarcastic, unsubstantial replies. Nobody derailed or hijacked a thread. There's a reason you were so willing to argue against me in the first place. Quit whining just because it didn't go your way.

Talk about SNES or whatever the fuck and our convo dies here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official unpopular opinion thread [Re: stareatclouds]
    #28738404 -

I'm still a bit sick so I didn't read any of that......who do I need to disagree with and why?


Please show your work.


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *Official Amanda photo thread* NO FLAMES
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 12,538 31 12/11/02 03:13 PM
by Papaver
* Official Search Assistance Thread!
( 1 2 3 all )
PapaverS 9,390 54 12/06/02 12:29 AM
by Papaver
* Official Sunday night thread?
( 1 2 all )
Infrared 5,591 28 05/31/04 12:21 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* RAAAAAAAWH (Official Punk Song Thread)
( 1 2 all )
Cracka_X 6,792 39 10/24/24 06:17 PM
by 073202
* Mexicali Blues (official cowboy song thread)
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 11,004 52 07/09/11 01:17 AM
by ModularMind
* The Official Otter Nonsense Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 704 705 )
SneezingPenis 836,673 14,089 10/06/26 07:34 PM
by MoonLit
* Official Halloween Costume Thread? funkymonk 2,784 18 10/25/04 02:05 AM
by Super_Blunt
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 4,583 45 08/18/04 09:42 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
108,052 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.