Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1044 | 1045 | 1046 | 1047 | 1048 | 1049 | 1050 | 1051 | 1052 | 1053 | 1054 | 1055 | 1056 | 1057 | 1058 | 1059 | 1060 | 1061 | 1062 | 1063 | 1064 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: HILLBILLY OUTLAW] * 3
    #28313321 -

HILLBILLY OUTLAW said:
Yeah and we’re the contam.



:mindblown:


--------------------
Yeah, yeah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof] * 1
    #28313335 -

Germinated 16 swabs and this is the only one that was foul. Gandalf.



--------------------
She’s dead Jim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof] * 1
    #28313336 -

:cantarguewiththat:


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug] * 3
    #28313373 -

sloug said:
howdy! just took transfers from these but anyone know from the pics if these plates look clean enough to throw to some millet jars?? pretty cool lookin regardless









Those look clean enough to transfer to grain in my opinion.
However, you have something very interesting going on there. I would definitely inoculate jars separately by each sector and label them. Y
Stating the obvious, you have two very distinct mycelia on the plate there. I would also transfer a bit of the rhizomorphic sector to a new plate and see if you can further isolate it.

Opps... what is that black / dark spot on the plate on the lower left? Is that on the outside of the plate or the inside? If it is on the inside I would not transfer any of that plate to grains. I would however transfer a tiny portion of that rhizomorphic sector that is closer to the orgin (away from dark spot) onto a new plate.


--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PsiloPsychIn] * 6
    #28313379 -



Edited by Prolific Koi (05/09/23 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PsiloPsychIn] * 3
    #28313520 -

PsiloPsychIn said:
sloug said:
howdy! just took transfers from these but anyone know from the pics if these plates look clean enough to throw to some millet jars?? pretty cool lookin regardless









Those look clean enough to transfer to grain in my opinion.
However, you have something very interesting going on there. I would definitely inoculate jars separately by each sector and label them. Y
Stating the obvious, you have two very distinct mycelia on the plate there. I would also transfer a bit of the rhizomorphic sector to a new plate and see if you can further isolate it.

Opps... what is that black / dark spot on the plate on the lower left? Is that on the outside of the plate or the inside? If it is on the inside I would not transfer any of that plate to grains. I would however transfer a tiny portion of that rhizomorphic sector that is closer to the orgin (away from dark spot) onto a new plate.



niice, thanks for the input! 
the dark spot on the lower left is actually where i took a transfer from i using a circular punch. on the top around 1oclock is where i took another transfer using a scalpel. did that to all of them hoping to separate those two from each other. still too early to tell

ill definitely try inoculating separate sectors individually and i think ill do a couple with the whole plate as well just for the hell of it hah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #28313728 -

Hi everyone,

I need some help. These plates have been sitting at room temp for over a week now sealed in oven bags.
They are showing contamination.

In the first image it seems it could be only residue from water evaporation, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

The other two are clearly contaminated.
The question is why?
I boiled the agar, poured it, sealed the plates in oven bags and PC-ed them for 30 mins. When cooled took them out and they've been sitting on the table for over a week now.

Where am I fucking up here?
The contam was probably in beforehand, bit why didn't it get sterilized during the PC cycle?
Could it be that the oven bag is letting air through?


Edited by drVetker (05/10/23 06:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker]
    #28313745 -

drVetker said:
Where am I fucking up here?

Could it be that the oven bag is letting air through?




Unless the oven bag has a .2u filter patch or was hermetically sealed, that's likely the cause.  Did you vent the PC for 10 minutes before building pressure?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PBJ710]
    #28313756 -

PBJ710 said:
drVetker said:
Where am I fucking up here?

Could it be that the oven bag is letting air through?




Unless the oven bag has a .2u filter patch or was hermetically sealed, that's likely the cause.  Did you vent the PC for 10 minutes before building pressure?



Thank you, regarding the material of the oven bag I don't know if it is porous or not.
I tied the ends in a knot thinking this will prevent any air exchange better than tying with a loop that comes with the bags.
There is no visible filter on the bag. I didn't even know there were such bags available.

I vented the PC for 10 minutes, yes.

Edited by drVetker (05/10/23 07:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker]
    #28314248 -

Ok, I got agar envy alright... I've had shit luck germinating anything on agar for quite a while and I'm trying to figure out why.

I had good luck with an MEA mix from a vendor run by an author is reviled by some around here, but that was when I first started from a cube print from a FOAF. Then I switched to mixing up my own agar from ingredients off Amazon, though I went with brands that people here had posted success with I'm starting to suspect them.

Has anyone found that they've gotten ingredients that didn't work? I'm wondering if there's some fungicide mixed in or something like that.

Might also have to do with trying to revive spores from poor sources.
- Old pan cyan spore syringe where spores germinated in the syringe
- My own cube prints where the spores stuck together like glue and are not powdery

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: m0n0id] * 1
    #28314290 -

m0n0id said:
Ok, I got agar envy alright... I've had shit luck germinating anything on agar for quite a while and I'm trying to figure out why.

I had good luck with an MEA mix from a vendor run by an author is reviled by some around here, but that was when I first started from a cube print from a FOAF. Then I switched to mixing up my own agar from ingredients off Amazon, though I went with brands that people here had posted success with I'm starting to suspect them.

Has anyone found that they've gotten ingredients that didn't work? I'm wondering if there's some fungicide mixed in or something like that.

Might also have to do with trying to revive spores from poor sources.
- Old pan cyan spore syringe where spores germinated in the syringe
- My own cube prints where the spores stuck together like glue and are not powdery

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.



I doubt you have bad agar or malt extract, maybe your mix is too stiff for the spores to germinate. Try less agar, like 1.3%-1.5% or/and hydrate the spores. (scroll down, there's a video on how to hydrate old prints)


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Whyterye] * 2
    #28314515 -



So first off I’m bad at taking pics. My phone is older. Anyways, how does this plate look to you guys? I’ve been having a lot of issues lately with contam. I’m pretty new still to agar. I’m starting to get really picky and I’m noticing a lot of my plates have the middle circle. Is that normal? Pretty much all of mine have it. Not all but a lot. I thought it was a specific variety thing maybe but since I’m having so much contam problems I’m trying to think of everything and my thought today is….Maybe that circle isn’t normal and my agar isn’t as clean as I thought. So now I’m here asking you guys. Haha..thanks for any feedback!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dbag2192]
    #28314526 -

dbag2192 said:


So first off I’m bad at taking pics. My phone is older. Anyways, how does this plate look to you guys? I’ve been having a lot of issues lately with contam. I’m pretty new still to agar. I’m starting to get really picky and I’m noticing a lot of my plates have the middle circle. Is that normal? Pretty much all of mine have it. Not all but a lot. I thought it was a specific variety thing maybe but since I’m having so much contam problems I’m trying to think of everything and my thought today is….Maybe that circle isn’t normal and my agar isn’t as clean as I thought. So now I’m here asking you guys. Haha..thanks for any feedback!



Have the same thing happen to me on several occasions. I'm thinking it's contam but would also very much like to see what others say.

Edited by drVetker (05/10/23 04:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker]
    #28314591 -

This is the worst one I have. Why I used it for reference in the pic. Never seemed to give me any trouble necessarily. And almost all of the time even if I transfer from the outer edge, the next transfer will come out looking like this still..using a different agar recipe that has nutritional yeast in it now and it’s still happening also. I hope it’s not contam but at the same time if it is. I may know what’s going on. I think there’s something else tho to my contam problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dbag2192] * 1
    #28315734 -

Here is a natalensis plate that got a bit of coco on top. Poked a couple holes and just let it b.

I’ve read they’re more potent than cubes and also less potent. Can someone clarify that for me please?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Enjoil] * 2
    #28315772 -

dbag2192 said:


So first off I’m bad at taking pics. My phone is older. Anyways, how does this plate look to you guys? I’ve been having a lot of issues lately with contam. I’m pretty new still to agar. I’m starting to get really picky and I’m noticing a lot of my plates have the middle circle. Is that normal? Pretty much all of mine have it. Not all but a lot. I thought it was a specific variety thing maybe but since I’m having so much contam problems I’m trying to think of everything and my thought today is….Maybe that circle isn’t normal and my agar isn’t as clean as I thought. So now I’m here asking you guys. Haha..thanks for any feedback!



This is normal.

Enjoil said:
Here is a natalensis plate that got a bit of coco on top. Poked a couple holes and just let it b.

I’ve read they’re more potent than cubes and also less potent. Can someone clarify that for me please?



Genetic lottery :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Adas] * 3
    #28315807 -

Hello.

I'm pretty new and don't post much but just wanted to show these plates. Pan cyan Australia spore print to agar, t-1's unless otherwise marked.

I took a clean looking t-1 to grain already.

Third attempt at pan cyans but did have success with 3 small cube grows.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nascent] * 3
    #28315860 -

That sure doesn't look like Pan mycelium to me.


--------------------



Edited by AspectOfTheCreator (05/11/23 05:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28316497 -

That figures, thank you for telling me.

I'll try to grow them out anyway but I'm sure it's failure number 3 for pan lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 3
    #28316550 -

I got some stuff recently that I'm kind of really excited about. Just gonna leave this here.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1044 | 1045 | 1046 | 1047 | 1048 | 1049 | 1050 | 1051 | 1052 | 1053 | 1054 | 1055 | 1056 | 1057 | 1058 | 1059 | 1060 | 1061 | 1062 | 1063 | 1064 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,938 topic views. 23 members, 158 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 18 queries.