Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27944273 -

rumfor69 said:
Rotnpins said:
I'll probably just run molded tubs next summer :shrug:




Ehhhh I wouldn't do this though :lol:



:laugh2: damn auto correct ๐Ÿ˜’


@rusty, you're right, they looked small. I went with 6ร— 5/16in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rotnpins]
    #27944277 -

Rotnpins said:
@rusty, yeah, theyre small holes... but it's a small tub :lol: I'm open to suggestions for hole size, quantity, and location tho





I don't have enough experience to suggest a proper hole size.

But I can tell you how to make an easy gnat trap next to your tubs: mix apple cider vinegar + water + sugar + dish soap in a wide opening container. They will drink and drown in that trap :sadyes:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27944309 -

Yeah... I've done apple cider vinegar traps and sticky traps.. they go away, and the second I try spawning a tub they come right back :grrr:

One tub down...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rotnpins] * 1
    #27944337 -

:sad::crymeariver::uhoh:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rusty2096]
    #27944635 -




When do these get harvested ???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: acapulcogold]
    #27944802 -

Any idea how to dislodge agar stuck to the glass?



Or does this even matter? I've tried shaking it off without luck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bismillah] * 1
    #27944816 -

Bismillah said:
Any idea how to dislodge agar stuck to the glass?



Or does this even matter? I've tried shaking it off without luck.



Try sorta bonking it with a little flick against a bicycle tire. Sometimes a swirling motion will dislodge it. Otherwise let it start to colonize on it's side.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #27944822 -

Iโ€™ve never won a fight with a stick agar wedge. Colonizing on its side is the easiest solution imo


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27944826 -

Bicycle tire didn't work. So it won't dry out or anything? The lid here is unmodified. I could stick more agar in too I guess.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bismillah]
    #27944829 -

Bismillah said:
Bicycle tire didn't work. So it won't dry out or anything? The lid here is unmodified. I could stick more agar in too I guess.



Like rumfor said, just put the jar on itโ€™s side. As long as the agar is in contact with grains, youโ€™ll be fine


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27944830 -

:whathesaid:


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27944838 -




There's a hole in one of the mushrooms, before it was a hole it was just a small white spot. What causes it? Also there is a weirdly bent mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27944841 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Bismillah said:
Bicycle tire didn't work. So it won't dry out or anything? The lid here is unmodified. I could stick more agar in too I guess.



Like rumfor said, just put the jar on itโ€™s side. As long as the agar is in contact with grains, youโ€™ll be fine



Ok, will do. I was afraid to do that since the lid is not screwed on tight.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Bismillah]
    #27944842 -

Bismillah said:
Smellyhobbit said:
Bismillah said:
Bicycle tire didn't work. So it won't dry out or anything? The lid here is unmodified. I could stick more agar in too I guess.



Like rumfor said, just put the jar on itโ€™s side. As long as the agar is in contact with grains, youโ€™ll be fine



Ok, will do. I was afraid to do that since the lid is not screwed on tight.



Gotcha. As long as itโ€™s not so loose that itโ€™s falling off you should be ok.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomEnchanter]
    #27944853 -

MushroomEnchanter said:



There's a hole in one of the mushrooms, before it was a hole it was just a small white spot. What causes it? Also there is a weirdly bent mushroom.



It's just a mutation it happens. Mushrooms do all sorts of weird things. Inside-out, upside-down, conjoined, on top of each other, bent, it's all ok.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27944942 -

rumfor69 said:
It's just a mutation it happens. Mushrooms do all sorts of weird things. Inside-out, upside-down, conjoined, on top of each other, bent, it's all ok.



Wasn't worried about the bent one, just one with hole made me worried a bit it might be something wrong. Thanks for reply.

Just noticed one which doesn't even have a cap at all. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: acapulcogold]
    #27945003 -

acapulcogold said:



When do these get harvested ???




Longer. Very hard to say. 1-3 days. Maybe late tonight.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27945007 -

I have 4 new tubs that I went direct from substrate to fruiting stage. I am misting daily and have the tubs cracked about 1/2 inch. I just found out I need to leave for three days.

What's the best course of action with these tubs assuming they may dry out a bit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: canadashroomdude]
    #27945048 -

Asked this in Bod's shoebox, bit figured all i needed was a quick answer...
So I recieved this mini-kit the other day.  Rather than putting the casing layer that comes with the kit, can I Break up the colonized wbs and mix with  coir at 1:1 ratio and finish this in a ziploc container? Not sure if it matters, but strain is Malabar.


I also have this 1 pound of colonized wbs.  Am I able to mix with coir 1:1 and again go straight into growing conditions? Strain here is penis envy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tappy] * 1
    #27945057 -

The kit yes...

The millet 1:2 or 1:3 Spawn:Substrate, and yes straight to fruiting conditions.

Here is a great, current, evolving conversation/support group for using ziplocks.
Using Ziplocs (Ziplocks) as Fruiting Chambers (FC)

Edited by Nichrome (09/11/22 10:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,237 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,845 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* extremely quick question -- Room4Shroom 459 3 02/07/03 01:41 AM
by Jaxx
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,043 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,538 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,157,205 topic views. 15 members, 56 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.