Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Love or friendship, this is difficult for me.
    #2749202 - 05/31/04 07:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:heart: Here's a story. It's long so prepare yourselves.

A few months ago, I met someone. We used to work together. At first we really hated eachother. We couldn't stand working together so much that we each requested that we'd not get put together on eachothers shifts. Everybody knew that we didn't get along so our requests were granted.

Well, times got tough at work and one night we ended up getting stuck working together. Not only did we have to work together, that night was a night from hell. We had long lines, angry customers and a huge mess, not to mention we had a brand new trainee and two people called off, so we were short handed. I was getting frustrated to the point where I wanted to walk out. He began to calm me down, by making comments like, "Don't worry, we'll all look back at this and laugh," or "Things could always be worse" and so on... :thumbup: (thank you for that)

I thought that was a cool gesture on his part, considering he was a major asshole who didn't give a shit about how I was feeling.

Finally, business slowed down. We went outside, sat on the curb, and took a much-needed long ass cigarette break. That's when we had our first real conversation, and that's when I realized things were going to change.

We both apologized for our shitty attitudes at work. Not towards eachother, since it was well deserved on both our parts. Just wrong time, wrong place. See, he is an asshole(sort of) as much as I am a bitch(at times). We're both stubborn, we're either right or everyone else is wrong, and we think alot alike which is why we would butt heads so much. (we're also both aries<rams>) I thought he was real cocky, ironically, that attitude is what later got me interested.

Anyways, me and this guy ended up stuck at work until 6 a.m. By ourselves. I'll never complain about that, we had lots of cigarette breaks and lot's of conversation.

As the days went on, we came across more long nights together. I began to learn alot of things about him. His interests, his career goals, his whole outtake on life. The way he percieves this world and how he's living it is amazing! To say the least, he had me hooked. Well one night while hanging out, off the clock, I admitted my attraction to him..............My mistake, but not my fault. I was definitly interested in him, but he did not have any interest in me at all. Damb, I was shot down. OK, that sucked, but we remained friends. I had no hard feelings towards him whatsoever. That's how he felt. You gotta respect a man for telling the truth. A couple of weeks later, I tell him that what I was feeling for him was only temporary and that I was over it. I told him that I only liked him on a "friends only"  basis, and hoped we would stay that way. A couple of months have gone by now, during this time, my feelings have only gotten stronger.

Everybody I know, thinks I really am over him. I haven't told anybody how I really feel. Not even my closest friend. So far, I've been playing the part of "friend", but I can't do that anymore. Don't get me wrong, I really am his friend, I just want more. I can no longer pretend that I don't have feelings for him. I'm not saying i'm in love or anything, but there's very strong feeling's inside of me that I can't let go of. I think it's so awesome that he always knows what i'm thinking, that he can finish my sentences, and how he always trys to make me feel better when i'm feeling shitty.

Since he does know what i'm thinking, I'm pretty sure he knows how I feel. He knows that I have feelings for him. What's so cool about it is that he hasn't said a word about it. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin our friendship, I don't know? :confused:

As far as i'm concerned, this friendship is about to get ruined. I can't continue to be "just friends" anymore. I want more! Since I know he doesn't want more than that from me, it makes our situation an uncomfortable one for me. So after this, because he will read it, our friendship will be over. :sorry: I wish it wouldn't end like this but I have to make a choice. I can't continue on like this, I would only be lying to myself.

The point of this post....to get this off my chest. To let him know how I really feel, even though I'm pretty damb sure he already knows.

p.s.

When you do read this (u know who you are)
I don't mind if you reveal yourself.

:bye:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2749808 - 05/31/04 03:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Too bad he isn't interested in you in the way you would like. It's a weird situation.

I fell in love with my best (female)friend a few months ago. I tried to not love her but that was just impossible. Then she told me that something had changed between us and she told me she loved me. It was fun but very weird because it was my best friend. After a few weeks she decided that it didn't feel good to have a relation with me. We took a one month break to save our friendship, but when we first saw eachother after the break there was still more than just friendship. We still act like we have a relation if we are together. I'm not sure how much I feel for her and I don't know what she feels for me. She's on vacation right now so we have some time to think and then have a good talk. I hope we are on the same level, because I think a good friendship is only possible if you are both on the same level about your feelings.

I'm not in the same position but I know how the friendship or love thing feels. I can't give you a good advice. I think you're doing the best you can. Good you let him know how you feel! Talk as much as possible if you want to stay friends( I think it is possible!!!!) and if he really isn't interested in you, you should try to stop to love.... that's hard.... :frown:

Good luck!  :heart:

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #2749833 - 05/31/04 03:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I know at the moment this will be hard to believe, but these feelings WILL ease off.  I was in exactly the same situation about a year ago at work (it sounds like you work in a burger bar. Do you?  I do!).  Fancied the pants off this bloke who didn't fancy me back, I mean.  It was pretty painful for a while, but we eventually became good friends.  I don't get jealous or upset any more, I'm just happy if he's happy.  I'm in a long-term relationship, so it was probably just as well.
I know it's hard, but stick with the friendship if you can, because it will probably turn out to be a really good one. :goodluck:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2751238 - 05/31/04 11:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think there is any need to end the friendship, but you do need to get over it. you say you cant, but you can. you just dont want to. you want him to have some kind of revelation and have the same feelings for you that you have for him, but its not gonna happen. you know its not gonna happen, but yet you hang onto this idea so hard that you have convinced yourself that it may be possible. but its not. if you wont learn to get over it and move on, then maybe you should just stay away from him, end the whole friendship thing. you are just causing unnecessary stress for the both of you by reaching for something thats not there.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2751332 - 06/01/04 12:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Billy, your an idiot. Didn't you read it. I'm not hanging on to anything. I know your not gonna change your feelings for me. That's why I've chosen to NOT CONTINUE this friendship. Yeah, it sucks but it has to end. I can't look at you and not feel anything. So my choice....never see you again. Problem solved. Less stress for the both of us.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#2751438 - 06/01/04 12:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You can have feelings for someone and still carry on a good friendship.
That is all.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: Captain Jack]
    #2751490 - 06/01/04 12:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

wow, this is the most dramatic thing i've ever read on the shroomery.

well i'm sure there's plenty of other guys out there for ya. if you still think hes a good person, theres no reason to stop hanging with him. hope this doesnt make things at work weird  :crazy:

should of seduced him first...  :heart:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2751541 - 06/01/04 12:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We don't work together anymore or it would have been weird.

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2751586 - 06/01/04 12:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well i dont know.. guess it wasnt meant to be. dont go out and stalk him or anything now.

I'm sure you'll find someone you'll like more in the next couple of weeks anyways.Good luck! :heart:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2751604 - 06/01/04 01:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks... I'm not the stalker type, although he might say otherwise. I am going to completely stay out of his life for good. Thanks for the replies.

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2751888 - 06/01/04 02:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

can we at least expect lots more online drama?
that would be the best thing for everybody.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2751914 - 06/01/04 02:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh, im sure this isnt the last of the online drama.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#2751921 - 06/01/04 02:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

groovy. Thats how we gets R Kicks around here

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2751937 - 06/01/04 03:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

[Email]lol@dreamer.[/Email] :grin:

AZ'z big pimpin :cool:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: 40oz]
    #2752050 - 06/01/04 04:15 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:satansmoking:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2752058 - 06/01/04 04:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, if you like the guy, why not stay friends? Friends can be as much a treasure as lovers, can they not, although admittedly in a different way.
But if it's tearing you up so bad, maybe ending the friendship isn't such a bad idea.
And, as an aside, friendship can involve a type of (non-sexual) love too can't it? :laugh: Anyway, best wishes in whatever course you choose to take. :laugh:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

#2753114 - 06/01/04 03:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you wish, i'm the only one who feels anything for you. "Psycho Bitch" doesnt count. Remember it wasn't only you she wanted. She wanted your brother and a couple of your friends as well, and got them.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#2753320 - 06/01/04 04:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lol.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: Love or friendship, this is difficult for me. [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2753329 - 06/01/04 04:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

see....as long as shes not taking her meds, there will be lots of drama :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#2753331 - 06/01/04 04:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

damb women. Why couldn't you just be civil about this whole mess. 
What right do you have to fallow this dude onto his website, and talk shit about him.     
just because he dosen't like you the same way, dosen't mean you have the right to be a bitch.   
now don't get me wrong, i  :heart: the drama, i just like having other people crazier than myself to talk down to,
so please continue with the stalking, and slandering. For the amusement of the whole community

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub