Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Your First Love [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1519459 - 05/04/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All of my "mutual" "loves" turned out to be bitter, sour young women with selfish agendas. Some argue that women are by nature this way, but I believe it to be largely cultural shortcomings that cause so much romantic misfortune.

I hope I'm not too isolated in admitting that my experience with any real brand of love extraneous to whimsical infatuation is quite close to nil.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Your First Love [Re: Ped]
    #1519665 - 05/04/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I hope I'm not too isolated in admitting that my experience with any real brand of love extraneous to whimsical infatuation is quite close to nil."

Well if even having one other being(myself) in the same category constitutes a crowd, then you are NOT alone

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Your First Love [Re: Ped]
    #1521598 - 05/05/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

All of my "mutual" "loves" turned out to be bitter, sour young women with selfish agendas. Some argue that women are by nature this way, but I believe it to be largely cultural shortcomings that cause so much romantic misfortune.

I hope I'm not too isolated in admitting that my experience with any real brand of love extraneous to whimsical infatuation is quite close to nil.

Let it be known that practically any statement that can be made about one sex will equally apply to the other. there are a few very minor differences which are primarily physiological but, on the whole, men and women are just alike in all the bad ways as well as the good. a person's character can never be determined by their sex alone.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Your First Love [Re: debianlinux]
    #1521658 - 05/05/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I believe that men and women vent their emotional problems in different ways, but the base is pretty much the same.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Your First Love [Re: Phluck]
    #1521847 - 05/05/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can't beleive this thread is still going.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Your First Love [Re: CherryBom]
    #1521884 - 05/05/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's a powerful thread...

and it makes me kind of depressed.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Your First Love [Re: Phluck]
    #1521913 - 05/05/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We all handle our emotions differently.

When I think about all the loves that have gone through my life, it makes me happy. I'm only 21 and I thought I was in love many times. I think because I'm such a dreamer. Even after realizing that sometimes a person isn't exactly what you thought them to be... there is still something there that brought you together in the first place.

Once you realize this, you can celebrate the lesson, the experience instead of a person who wears a mask by no fault of his own.

Even non-love is great.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1521938 - 05/05/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think thats a very good point, a lot of people are convinced its 'true love' every time they date :smile:

I mean yeah you can love someone and it be real... But you can also love a lot of people in your lifetime. So finding the one can mean falling in love many times and thinking each time that it could be the one.

I mean yeah its usually hard to move on, but you do and then you often end up with something better anyhow.

So I'll quote Monty Python since its so true "Always look on the bright side of life"

Tommorow is another day, carpe diem! lol 

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Your First Love [Re: Thor]
    #1521958 - 05/05/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Love grows and evolves and changes. As people grow and learn new things, have new ideas, thier perception of love might change and evolve as well.

When a new person is introduced into your life they bring with them the possibility of new things. New ideas, new experiences...which in turn help you grow and learn. They teach you.

Maybe it's possible that some people fall in love with the experience of liberation or freedom they feel when someone has introduced something new and exciting to thier life. Maybe it's not the person...but the emotions that surround the things they bring to your life.

...fucked if I know. It's all speculation. Love is something different to every person. To me, it's something real, something great, something undefinable.

True love lasts. Beyond human growth, beyond life and death. Past the sky and over the stars... lifetimes and eons old. Through this life...into the next life.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1521979 - 05/05/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Great points Bom.

My soulmate and I found each other 19 years ago this September. We still passionately love each other and tell each other "I love you", hug, kiss, and snuggle everyday.

She is the light of my life.

She saved me from myself.

Offlinekangoo
ONEVIBE

Re: Your First Love [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1578783 - 05/26/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks FreakQulibrium!
I've found that if you feel that "love" i described, you feel much better.
I can see how beautiful everyone (almost) and everything is!
I'm not in this state of bliss constantly, but when i remind myself how greatful i ought to be, just to be given the gift of life, I sometimes get that specially feeling, and then I'm in and good mood for atleast the rest of the day, unless something really shitty happens.

Oh theres so much to to do, see, experience, feel,...It's greeeeeeeeeeaaat!

Dang I should have done some studying instead of posting here =) Eh what the heck!

Have a pretty darn great week!! This goes out to everyone who wants it!

Peace =) =) =)

--------------------
Divine moments of truth occurs when watching
lucy in the sky with diamonds!

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Your First Love [Re: kangoo]
    #1581384 - 05/27/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Again a very inspirational post to wake up to. i wanted to wait for my 4000th post B4 responding as in spite of my often infantile/non sensical posts in other areas of the Shroomery(specifically OTD) getting back to that inherent(i believe) state of LOVE apart from all the conditions and visissitudes of one's own daily existence is a very important part of my life.....

Anyone can be happy/peaceful when external conditions favour that.....but such a scenierio seems somewhat transient at best and therefore so is the happiness/peace of mind and BEING produced. It's MUCH better to realize that you are NOT your life situation or circumstances no matter how good/shitty they may be at any one given moment in the space-time continuum......

i actually find L8ly that's it's even easier for me to appreciate everything while my external conditions are crap.....i'm sure it will pass but in the mean time i'm not going to get down/ruminate and think crappy thoughts....which only serve to enhance the seeming "reality" of the situation anyway :smile:

It's a bit like that Buddhist(i think) expression:"And this TOO shall pass" 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Your First Love [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1581513 - 05/27/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This reminds me to point out that I would never even come close to doubting my love for my wife as we have been through the most despicable times of our lives together. While a few times found us at each other's throats in the end we only grew closer and never even came near splitting up. I think the true test of a relationship is really shitty times.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Re: Your First Love [Re: debianlinux]
    #1582545 - 05/27/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

First Love, i was 13, she was 14 and in high school. I only saw her a couple times a year. I always thought about her, finally one time i met up with her and our emotions just got the best of us. It was an amazing night..

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
Re: Your First Love [Re: Shroomism]
    #1591938 - 05/30/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The feeling is still there, like fishhooks in my heart but in a good way.
There was never much turbulence between us and we didnt leave on a sour note.We were just growning up and our lives went seperate ways.

"all I do
I can still feel you"

Love is forever.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Your First Love [Re: ]
    #1592144 - 05/30/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yup love is geh

couldnt have said better...
Quote:

obsessed people suck, my girlfriend want to get married and have kids, andi want to fuck her sister

hahahahahahahaha!
nemo 0wnzzzzz!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1602693 - 06/02/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Love
where does it come from
who lit this flame in us?

Invisibleacidcrys
intoxicating
Female User Gallery

Loc: Home.
    #1603078 - 06/02/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Does it ever go away? Do you just keep on loving them forever in all of thier perfect imperfection? Do you just keep feeling like a million translucent butterflies in the pit of your stomach every time he laughs?

True love?

My first true love was.. about.. 4-5 years ago.. I was talking to my best friend of like 2-3 years..and I had to leave to go to this damn mexi restaurant with my family. I didn't want to leave him. I didn't want to stop talking to him - even for what an hour? I went to the restaurant.. and I had no appetite.. I felt so.. confused.. because I realize how much I wanted to talk to him.. I realized I wanted to talk to him forever, know him forever, be with him forever. I realized I was in love.

Its funny because at the time .. I thought that emotion was sooo fucking strong.. I think it was mainly because he had a girlfriend.. and I viewed my feelings as unmutual... I was in hell. But... now as time has passed.. what I thought to be such a strong feeling for love... has.. fucking... multiplied a million times more than that day. Its grown so much.. man.. I just don't know what to think. And now we're dating.. and mmmmm.. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.. I'll never ever get tired of him..

By the way, He's Ori.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Your First Love [Re: acidcrys]
    #1603772 - 06/03/03 06:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sweet as.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Your First Love [Re: enotake2]
    #1610009 - 06/05/03 12:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I met my first love in college, we were together 3 years and then got married, which lasted another 3 years at which point she suddently decided to move out,
no cause and no warning. It was a tough time in my life, I was smitten with
her and would've done anything for her (and did at times). I utterly adored this
lady despite her sometimes cruel, tempremental and selfish outbursts (and to be fair she tried to deal with my shortcomming too). Coincidentally she left me soon
after she got her masters degree which I had saved up to pay for while she went to school and I worked. Initially I never thought I'd get over her... I'd spend days thinking about her, trying to figure out what whet wrong. I couldn't imagine life
without her. She was a big part of me. But amazingly enough, with time and distance, the pain has subsided and I can look back and enjoy the wonderful
memories we had together and also keep in mind the not so pleasent times
when she could be viciously intollerant. Sometimes I still miss her ocassionaly, but
it doesn't elicit the same strong emotions.
I must say that I've never met anyone since then who I've had any feelings for.
Everyone keeps telling me that I need
a mate, but I just havn't felt like that for anyone. Besides, I'm such a wreck myself
right now that it wouldn't be fair to be in a relationship with someone. Need to
find my own center and get life flowing through me again, then, once I"m
capable of "non clingy love" I'll see what the world brings me and what I can
offer to others...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds