Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2741040 - 05/28/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Why do YOU 'think' that oral sadistic cutting sarcasm is humor.
I am guessing this is a question. I simply asked a question on cause and effect. You made a "when this... then that" statement which was a conditional statement that needed clarification. Sadistic? Ah, the lens through which we see the world.

R communications only engender laughter from other contemptuous individuals,
So others that find humor are also subject to your scathing attack? Your view is the supreme definition on what is or is not humorous? Is that not a tad arrogant?

"I'm certainly not "the first to anger and name call..."
Huh? If others murder then it is OK as long as someone else did it first? I am having a difficult time following your thought process.

You're only attacking your own former trusting, naive self - the one that got crushed in your own personal trauma - forevermore attacking anyone who reminds you of your own former naivete and uncritical faith in life.
Here again we have the infamous (and totallly incorrect as usual) psychoanalysis of another member instead of a simple ignoring or responding to the point. This is something I never see from balanced individuals as it is neither possible nor desirable to accurately size up another in such a manner.

There's no levity in your comments....
None?! You already stated that (some) others find my comments funny. Are you now changing the story or is this type of all-or-nothing generalization "necessary" to excuse your outburst?

BTW, if YOU deem me spiritually-identified, it means nothing, since your statement already assumes that "anger" has no place in a 'spiritual' human being, which is ridiculous.
Misplaced anger has no place in a spiritual human being. There is a difference.

I DO have a sense of humor and it intends to impart joy to people, which is the nature of real humor.
What joy was the intent your belittling rant supposed to impart?

The sarcastic method is NOT the same thing as the Socratic method, hello-o.

Have a nice day Swami.
Why thank you, Markos. Oh, no! Jes' hold on there a minute Baba Boy! I am "intuiting" this is EXACTLY the type of sarcasm that you detest, or is it merely being disingenuous?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Swami]
    #2741554 - 05/28/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
physical deprevation can be alot of things, such as eating healther foods

Please explain how eating healthy foods is in any way a deprivation. "Please don't make me eat any more of that range-fed beef and fresh garden salad..."

let me clear this up so as not to trip anybody up here, allfoods can and should be eating if one chooses, im the first in line to hit up a big mac and fries,anyway to eat healther doesnt make one more spiritual but it does show respect toward your body which is the temple of God and should be treated as such.A healthy balance is what im trying to say here, peace Gypsy

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: peleg]
    #2741571 - 05/28/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

but it does show respect toward your body which is the temple of God and should be treated as such.A healthy balance is what im trying to say here, peace Gypsy

Fair enough.

It has been shown (sorry, no reference) that it is healthier to undereat on junk food than to overeat on "healthy" food.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2741828 - 05/28/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Basically, my view is that supressing any desires, not just physical, can help one realize how meaningless and distractive they are. It is not through the physical deprivation that one evolves spiritually, but rather through the insight it can help shed.

As for the disagreement here, it's marvelous. Opposites are everywhere in nature, especially with opinions and ideas. Embrace the diversity :heart:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2742179 - 05/28/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I see you as a bully, a verbally aggressive bully. "Passive bullies' are those individuals who support the aggressive bully. It's the very same kind of behaviors that I see in middle school on a regular basis.

No, I am not arrogant. I've been called on character flaws like everyone else, but arrogance has never been one of them.

The "murder" extrapolation is just silly. As for you having difficulty following my "thought processes," that is more than evident and that fact does not derive from MY failure to communicate clearly.

My analytical skills are usually pretty much on target . I am more certain than doubtful that I am not "incorrect" here. My analytical acumen is not amateur, and it is intended to serve the common good - in this case the Shroomery community, specifically this S&P forum.

As to others finding your statements "funny," it just goes back to passive bullies in support of your aggression. Just 'mean' laughter - the derisive, jeering kind that hurts others. More adolescent cruelty.

My "anger," more like chronic annoyance, irritation, and disgust is NOT misplaced. It points to 'mean people' in general and YOU in particular.

Neither an "outburst" or a "belittling rant," I was merely sharing my feelings with you. Belittle YOU ?!! "To make a person feel little or less" [Webster]. Hell's Bells man, that is YOUR trip! That is your whole trip! That is ALL you do at this site, and you're going to accuse ME of belittlement?! This is one of the worst cases of psychological blindness that I've ever see anywhere. Pure Projection of your whole game onto me. My point was NOT to impart joy to you. You are not about joy. You are about pain. It pains me to read your constant trashing of other people. Tell me about arrogance! What kind of individual are you Swami?

Sarcasm? Yes, of course. YOUR version of "nice" is something I could only speculate on. It seemed completely apropos to seal the communication with an affect so familiar to you. I know how to be sarcastic, and, well, you like sarcasm, so I thought I'd end with something that you'd receive as a cordiality. I hope it didn't offend you somehow.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2742646 - 05/28/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I see you as a bully, a verbally aggressive bully.
But my extremely high rating says that most people do not agree with you. Perhaps your perception is not as unflawed as you would like to believe...

No, I am not arrogant. I've been called on character flaws like everyone else, but arrogance has never been one of them.
Now you may add it to the list. Making a statement like only flawed beings see (some of my) comments as funny and putting yourself in a supreme arbiter position certainly appears arrogant.

The "murder" extrapolation is just silly.
As was your comment.

As for you having difficulty following my "thought processes," that is more than evident and that fact does not derive from MY failure to communicate clearly.
While normally you are quite coherent, your highly-charged emotional state caused you to make an error. A healthy being could admit to that.

My analytical skills are usually pretty much on target . I am more certain than doubtful that I am not "incorrect" here. My analytical acumen is not amateur, and it is intended to serve the common good - in this case the Shroomery community, specifically this S&P forum.
Analyzing another is strictly verboten in the S&P. But your rule-breaking is helpful and you are not arrogant? *scratches head* (Now y'all know how I got that bald spot, but I digress...)

As to others finding your statements "funny," it just goes back to passive bullies in support of your aggression. Just 'mean' laughter - the derisive, jeering kind that hurts others. More adolescent cruelty.
So questioning cause and effect is somehow MORE damaging than calling another an asshole? More damaging than doing a negative personality assessment? Anyone who does not agree with your stance is also a "bully"? That is quite an amazing determination.

Neither an "outburst" or a "belittling rant," I was merely sharing my feelings with you.
A PM is the appropriate place for that.

Belittle YOU ?!! "To make a person feel little or less" [Webster]. Hell's Bells man, that is YOUR trip! That is your whole trip! That is ALL you do at this site, and you're going to accuse ME of belittlement?!
Describing your erroneous version of my life with the sole purpose of a putdown is certainly a solid attempt at belittlement.

I have guided several people here from the brink of suicide in private. Have made a handful of dear friends who regularly call and visit (You could be one of them if you lightened up.) Have given much good advice about drug usage and have provided a wealth of information and entertainment on S&P. I have earned a high-level of trust even from those who don't like my style. They know that my word is good.

Yet my WHOLE TRIP is to be hurtful? Who is wearing the blinders dear sir?

This is one of the worst cases of psychological blindness that I've ever see anywhere. Pure Projection of your whole game onto me.
Have never once in 7000 posts called anyone an asshole because I do not perceive of people that way.

My point was NOT to impart joy to you.
But you detest people who dont attempt to bring joy. Do you detest yourself?

It pains me to read your constant trashing of other people.
Trashing people? Hardly. Trashing poorly constructed ideas? Certainly. Too bad the difference is not apparent to a thinking individual like yourself.

Sarcasm? Yes, of course.
Swami sarcasm = negative.
Markos sarcasm = positive.

I see how your mind works.

Your erstwhile friend,

Swami

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2743107 - 05/28/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

*yawn*

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2743191 - 05/28/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2743212 - 05/28/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nicely defended position, but just that. I'll not attempt to question your claims. Popular opinion and sheer numbers of people do not constitute a rightful position, as, for example, Germany once demonstrated to the world.
My apologies for any flagrant disregard to the rules of the S&P, but I do not retract anything. You see, feelings AND thoughts, trashed or upheld, is no different from trashing the being whence they originated. That is an artificial distinction as though the rays are separate from the sun whence they originated.

It is true that I should have refrained from vulgarity and attempted to evolve some wordage pertaining to Muladhara Chakra based baseness, so pardon/don't pardon the crude wordage. Do not pardon the base meanness that I intended to identify. Frankly, I didn't think the word would faze you in the least. It's my favorite generic term for people who cannot drive the requisite speed limit and use a cell phone simultaneously, especially when they are driving directly in front of me, by themselves, in the largest SUV available. That should convey the feeling tone.

As to the arrogance issue: I do not require your method of inquiry to test my comprehension of simple cause and effect. The example that I originally put forth was of an 'acausal' nature, as in Jung's 'Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle.' I recognize causality and acausality - a rational and a non-rational (not irrational) mode of operation. Your own position does not admit of the latter which you insist must be subjected to the laws of the former.

Perhaps it was my own lack of self-control that prompted me to respond to you. In the future, I will endeavor to restrain myself from the temptation. We simply cannot play nicely, and therefore should not play at all.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2743213 - 05/28/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What was the topic again?  :idea:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2743233 - 05/28/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Oh yeah, I remember now.
The question on the table is, "Is physical deprivation necessary for spiritual learning?"

As in most things, balance is the key. I don't believe you need to go off into a forest for a month, live off of grubs and use leaves as toilet paper, but some bodily restraint is helpful. A soul experiences life through the body and that body should be in as healthy a state as possible.

So I'm with most people on this- that's not all there is to it.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Jellric]
    #2743239 - 05/28/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Personally, I like everyone on this forum. I can't help it. Everyone comes here with different viewpoints and I love hearing different perspectives on life, because it causes me to learn much.

Markos is very intelligent on things that I am interested in. Swami says a lot of things that, to me, are really fucking funny. I have never seen Swami be belligerent to anyone. Well, that is my perspective.

I do believe it comes down to perspective. I see Swami as funny. Markos sees Swami as an attack. I know why this is so, or at least I know why I think this is so, but I'm not going to say.

But there are a lot of people here who love Swami. There are some who perceive his words as attacks of some kind. That is too bad, because imo, he's just so fuckin' funny.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Frog]
    #2743360 - 05/29/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Passive bullies' are those individuals who support the aggressive bully.

Sorry frogster, but according to Markos you are just another type of bully. In order to clean up your act, you must stop finding humor in anything that I say - starting now. Get that damn smirk off of your face sister!

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2743384 - 05/29/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I really hate to see this sort of thing happen, but it is understandable.

According to my sources with access to the Akashic records, both of these men were friends in a previous life! You see, during the 1800's Swami was a riverboat gambler and a bit of a lady's man. Markos was a very learned traveling preacher who knew the Lord's word chapter and verse.

Markos and Swami would travel together on the Riverboat Natchez up and down the Mississippi River. They did not intentionally travel together, but would often find themselves on the same trip. It usually went down like this: Swami would take some fool's money at the tables and would sometimes let the poor bastard know about it. Trash talking, you know? Later, when the loser would confront Swami with a loaded gun, Markos would intervene, invoking the name of the Lord and appealing to the chump's dormant good nature. Markos was a highly respected figure at that time. Swami would occasionly make donations to Marko's church afterwards. (Swami's follow up invitations to the poker table were always rejected by Markos).

Well the years came and went as they do, and our friends, Markos and Swami, made many more trips down the Mississippi. For the most part they enjoyed their lives, and were fairly well known- Swami the lovable rogue, and Markos the preacher with authority.

Until one fateful day in April. The day started just like any other. Swami prowling the gambling parlor, ever on the lookout for a hot game or a hot 'ho- Marko's trained eye relentlessly scouring the crowd for a lost soul- always poised with the perfect Bible verse for any situation.

The gambling hall begins filling up quickly as a sudden spring shower bursts upon the decks. The drenched travelers crowd the tables as the booming thunder reverberates and the wind makes the doors increasingly hard to shut. That's when it happened. A voice cries out, "cyclone!!". A man is heard to say, "We calls 'em twisters where I'm from!"

Okay, it's getting late, I will have to continue the story tomorrow.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2743393 - 05/29/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I recognize causality and acausality - a rational and a non-rational (not irrational) mode of operation. Your own position does not admit of the latter ...

Without anything to base this on, how can I support such a position? The "rules" of synchronicity are totally subjective and arbitrary. This is the same with omens. This type of thinking appears delusional at best and psychotic at worst. (This is not meant to be a slam.) To think that the rules of physics which have never been demonstrated to be broken, are somehow bent or suspended especially for an in-tune individual says, "Hey, the world revolves around me!" which is the ultimate egocentricity. Does it rain because of evaporation, barometric pressure, winds and temperature or because I needed some kind of feedback from the sky? Does a DJ lose free-will and play a song that someone needs to hear because of some mood or thought that one is having or is that person just now noticing some seeming connection out of a billion possible daily connections? With some 200,000 radio listeners, someone is bound to make a connection whether synchronicity exists or not. If there is no difference, why play such a game of make-believe?

I went out to answer the phone, saw an ant, then when I picked up the phone and received news that my aunt (pronounced ant) just died. Serendipity or random neural after-the-fact memory link? Who knows? It is all made up as one goes along. This type of emphemeral mind-game can be dangerous. I have seen it in action. I have not seen any danger in not believing in synchronicity.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2743398 - 05/29/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, it's getting late, I will have to continue the story tomorrow.

Shit! I had just got some popcorn and was enjoying the yarn. How many more installments or is this just a teaser to buy the book?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2743559 - 05/29/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, please continue the story. You never know the hows and whys of paths crossing. Your story could be the ramblings of a mad man, but it could be the ramblings of a seer, and you are telling us what has occured in the past between Swami and Markos.

According to Edgar Cayce, we can choose to be born among the same individuals with whom we lived in a previous life. Maybe Markos and Swami previously lived in the same vicinity.

See, it's like Ped once explained to me, in so many words. We have lessons to learn. Maybe Markos and Swami have sonething to learn from each other. Rahter than get angry at each other, read each others words and learn from each other.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinefermionvibration
to deam one atitle is to deamone with a curse
Loc: California
    #2743602 - 05/29/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, while we are in intermission, I must say WOW!! This is my first post, and I feel like a total dumbass, lol, but what has one to do but shut-up and listen...after all "we are all here to do what we are all here to do" the Oracle

--------------------
No such thing as a wrong opinion, just wrong perceptions that lead to an uninformed opinion.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Physical deprivation necessary for spirtual learning? [Re: Zahid]
    #2744275 - 05/29/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Heh - Swami; calm down boy before you make another thread with your own name in the subject header (Yes, you are the arrogant one).
Hey, it made it very easy for you to search on, no? Thanks for posting the links. Are you into marketing?

Swami's Spiritual Library Clearance Sale - Posted by Swami
Somehow, I think calling my thread "Zahid's Spiritual Library Clearance Sale" would be inaccurate or misleading.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2744517 - 05/29/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, it made it very easy for you to search on, no? Thanks for posting the links. Are you into marketing?

Of course I used the search feature. Your point?

Somehow, I think calling my thread "Zahid's Spiritual Library Clearance Sale" would be inaccurate or misleading.

I'm just not sure what it is with you and making threads with your own name in the subject header. You seem to be the only one who does it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order