Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 471 | 472 | 473 | 474 | 475 | 476 | 477 | 478 | 479 | 480 | 481 | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need PE agar help. [Re: Nichrome]
    #27383093 -

I hear that PE on agar can look different than other cubes and that it’s hard to get nice rhizo growth to work with. Idk why I’m super unconfident when it comes to figuring out of its bacterial or tomentose growth.

That said… where would you transfer from on these plates??


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: B H O]
    #27383150 -

B H O said:
I hear that PE on agar can look different than other cubes and that it’s hard to get nice rhizo growth to work with. Idk why I’m super unconfident when it comes to figuring out of its bacterial or tomentose growth.

That said… where would you transfer from on these plates??





I'm dealing with the same issue ,I'm on T2 and still scratching my head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: Samushlove]
    #27383157 -

First plate I’d go for 1-2 area. Second plate idk, not into that one.


Ime PE does have a specific look to it on plates, but still grows rhizo and tomentose. Mine always seems to be kind of flat and thick compared to most types.


I also get a lot of plates with both types of growth on them.




--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: A.k.a]
    #27383167 -

A.k.a said:
First plate I’d go for 1-2 area. Second plate idk, not into that one.




Thanks aka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: B H O]
    #27383799 -




Nice melmak T4 plate. I have 3 identical ones to this which will be going onto grain tomorrow as my Melmak jars inoculated with a suspect LC aren't inspiring confidence in me.

B H O said:
I hear that PE on agar can look different than other cubes and that it’s hard to get nice rhizo growth to work with. Idk why I’m super unconfident when it comes to figuring out of its bacterial or tomentose growth.

That said… where would you transfer from on these plates??






As as I said to samush, these both look really similar to growth I've seen from PE on agar. Once I went from agar to oats the growth looked a lot more like what most people would classify as "normal." I've seen similar kind of growth in early plates, germination especially, but with these PE plates the look continues even after several transfers becoming slightly more "organized."

Edited by multifractal (07/12/21 02:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: multifractal]
    #27383801 -

If you want to see plenty of penis envy on agar, check the "how not to isolate" link in my sig. Plenty of comparisons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27383802 -

Yes, that's definitely a sample but is not all that is possible.

Edited by multifractal (07/12/21 02:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need PE agar help. [Re: multifractal]
    #27383821 -

True

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27384599 -

Title fixed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Melliferous]
    #27384728 -

Hi everyone. This is a T-3 plate. Do you think I should keep transferring?



Thanks in advance!


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Atomsplit]
    #27384734 -

Take a xfer or two as backups and send to liquid culture or grain,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27384750 -

Thanks always D3monic!

I've got two or more plates that look a little suspicious (shown here) as back ups.




I'm not planning on going big on the amount of jars. Just going to test possibly 4 jars at most if the original plate looks ok to you guys.

Thanks again!

Edited by Atomsplit (07/12/21 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Atomsplit] * 1
    #27384761 -

Alcabenzi


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Atomsplit]
    #27384768 -

Atomsplit said:
Thanks always D3monic!

I've got two or more plates that look a little suspicious (shown here) as back ups.



I'm not planning on going big on the amount of jars. Just going to test possibly 4 jars at most if the original plate looks ok to you guys.

Thanks again!



you should try LI, a plate or half of it to sterile water and you can have that 4 jars in a week. :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Crackatoa] * 1
    #27384776 -

Crackatoa said:
Alcabenzi





Pretty.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aNewBeginning] * 1
    #27384814 -

aNewBeginning said:







Update on this plate:






Plate 2:




Plate 3:





These are all Mazatapec T3 from print.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aNewBeginning]
    #27384902 -



--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nichrome]
    #27384936 -

Nichrome said:




Clouds look pretty 🤩 there's a lot of new strains coming out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Samushlove]
    #27385141 -

So my agar work has been frustrating me. But I have kept on it.

T1
Since then I have kept moving mold to new plates and today we have this

T5
All from a swab I didn’t know if it was going to be legit or not. Good day :smile:

Edited to add. Jack Frost plates. I so want to rub noses with that little bastard!!

Edited by Lovage (07/13/21 12:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Lovage]
    #27385324 -

Just pouring some plates this late night.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 471 | 472 | 473 | 474 | 475 | 476 | 477 | 478 | 479 | 480 | 481 | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 74 8 10/04/26 03:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 79 5 10/05/26 05:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 07:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,394 8 02/14/05 09:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,011 8 02/25/05 01:03 PM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,707 8 06/19/20 11:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 12:37 PM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 11:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,923 topic views. 6 members, 239 guests and 132 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.