Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
El Choco * 1
    #27180187 -

I wana share some images and background story about this gorgeous variety with yall on the shroomery.
There is no information about the variety on the forums yet... I'll be the first to bring this variety to the spotlight.

"El Choco" is the darkest cubensis variety on the market.
It belongs to Dave Wombat. A moderator and vendor on the "TAT syndicate" group on facebook.

I asked Dave about the background story behind his "El Choco" variety because it had truly captured my eye...

Dave said that El Choco originates from B+... He gave me some background information about how El Choco came to be...

Dave Wombat said...
"I'd actually been growing that same B+ for 20+ years without it doing anything out of the ordinary, very consistently normal B+...
Until El Choco popped up, just a couple super dark and hairy fruits".

Dave has isolated and stabilized the B+ fruits that display hyperpigmentation and dubbed them El Choco.



Edited by RogerTheRetard (02/01/21 01:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27180188 -

Super cool. They look nice and meaty too. More good stuff coming out of the TAT Syndicate. I'd love to see this side by side with some of the albino varieties for the contrast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: Zakkery]
    #27180195 -

The aesthetics of some of these new cubensis varieties featured on that facebook group are outstanding.


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27180295 -

Daves TAT and KSAT are amazing!!! Wish he would spend more time here as he is a great guy with tons of info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: Sunny Skies] * 1
    #27180414 -

look pretty normal :shrug:

how many generations?

Edited by bw86 (02/01/21 07:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: bw86]
    #27180495 -

LOL! Sup BW! At first I was like what the hell is this furry boletus edulis!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: TigerStrike]
    #27180539 -

Glad i can inspire you to waste your time.
:troo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: bw86]
    #27180542 -

and yes they look like normal fucking cubensis
Go suck each others cocks
I gotta go shovel 14 inches of snow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: bw86]
    #27180544 -

I'd have to shave them before eating


--------------------
p9hu7's clean spawn thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: bw86]
    #27181228 -

bw86 said:
and yes they look like normal fucking cubensis
Go suck each others cocks
I gotta go shovel 14 inches of snow



Normal cubensis would have a golden cap.
These El Choco have a brown cap.


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27181246 -

Looks like Fiji to me.

  Can I say that the issue I have is there are so many people on FB selling (making Money) on the hard work of all the people on the shroomery over the years. I have a personal bias against them and people on YT.

  But it does look like FIJI to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: Sockadin]
    #27181263 -

I don't think this is a new cube at all.
I've seen many similar cubes of many varieties that can display these physical traits.
I never trust FB or anyone's claims without proper proof.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: Sockadin]
    #27181264 -

Yes for fucking real. When I was getting onto mushrooms, if you had Galindoi, You were the fucking king of France.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: Sockadin]
    #27181290 -

Sockadin said:
Looks like Fiji to me.

  Can I say that the issue I have is there are so many people on FB selling (making Money) on the hard work of all the people on the shroomery over the years. I have a personal bias against them and people on YT.

  But it does look like FIJI to me.



Where is your proof that they are selling genetics that originate from shroomery members? They are selling their own stabilized mutants and their own crosses...

I happily paid Dave Wombat for some of his amazing genetics. Including this El Choco. Which I felt compelled to share on the shroomery coz I thought it looks so aesthetic.

I love the look of those El Choco. Extra pigmented caps look great. Awesome brown colour. Looks just like chocolate.

The new varieties coming off this facbook group are isolated and stabilized by the admins/moderators of the facebook group who then sell them.
They put in the effort to stabilize unique phenotypes, then they deserve to vend those genetics for money. I'll happily support their service.

They actually have nothing to do with anyone on shroomery. That is why I posted about this variety here.

It came from B+ not Fiji by the way.

I don't like social media either. Fuck facebook. I just use a fake account to access the OMC groups on facebook.

Edited by RogerTheRetard (02/01/21 04:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
! [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27181295 -

Yeah Fuck FB!

  What I am saying is that almost all of the knowledge people use to cultivate comes from this place. That is all, not that we can't all cross our own or make unique mutations or stabilizations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: mushhead]
    #27181297 -

mushhead said:
I don't think this is a new cube at all.
I've seen many similar cubes of many varieties that can display these physical traits.
I never trust FB or anyone's claims without proper proof.



It's B+ that Dave Wombat grew.

He found some darker caps that display hyperpigmentation then isolated and stabilized the dark B+ fruits and named them El Choco.

Why would Mr. Wombat have any reason to lie about that. Seems legit to me. Legit enough for me to go ahead and spend my money on anyway.


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27181308 -

Documentation and proof please.
Even pasty had complete documentation and proof for his cross.
without anything but your word I cannot believe him nor you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ! [Re: Sockadin]
    #27181322 -

Sockadin said:
Yeah Fuck FB!

  What I am saying is that almost all of the knowledge people use to cultivate comes from this place. That is all, not that we can't all cross our own or make unique mutations or stabilizations.



Yes. Fuck facebook.
Yes. The shroomery is the best collective resource for information in regards to mushroom cultivation.

I just wanted to share pictures and information about El Choco because I though it looks fucking cool.


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ! [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27181341 -

It looks cool. Don't get me wrong, I was just saying it also looks like Fiji. Then I went off on FB and YT assholes because we all give this information for free.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: El Choco [Re: mushhead]
    #27181345 -

.

Edited by RogerTheRetard (02/02/21 03:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Its mushhead! with Pftek golden teachers *DELETED* mushhead 450 9 03/31/16 12:01 AM
by mushhead
* Z strain with PE looking phenotype Ullr 823 9 02/06/18 07:40 AM
by Ullr
* Developing a specific phenotype
( 1 2 all )
A.k.aM 1,844 21 09/03/22 10:14 PM
by themushroombloke
* I call him "El montruo". FeelFree 270 4 03/15/13 12:03 AM
by Mooby
* el wire light concentration JSshroom 493 3 06/30/07 10:56 PM
by JSshroom
* LAGM version 2.022
( 1 2 3 4 ... 82 83 )
bigfootscreepyuncl 66,805 1,650 10/01/22 08:35 PM
by bigfootscreepyuncl
* Genetic Backgrounds
( 1 2 3 all )
MycoCakes 7,377 44 08/10/24 12:44 PM
by Bigdogg
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8714 8715 )
saralove 5,223,242 174,282 09/28/26 04:24 AM
by MushroomsKnow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
7,887 topic views. 15 members, 93 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.