Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Z strain with PE looking phenotype
    #24969145 -

I got this phenotype out of a Z strain MS grow. Just took a couple of biopsies to agar.



Grills:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: Ullr] * 1
    #24969344 -

Z strain puts out some gnarly looking fruits sometimes and hardly any spores.  I've seen some z-strain fruits that looked like KSSS marshmallows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #24969374 -

These in my signature are all from the same Z strain syringe. Quite an arrange of phenotypes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: Ullr]
    #24969439 -

Im thinking conditions are playing 99% of the role there rather than genetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24969487 -

bodhisatta said:
Im thinking conditions are playing 99% of the role there rather than genetics



Maybe.
But from my very limited knowledge I'd say genetics is playing a big part.
The reason why I think that is that I've had this phenotype show mixed in with others in the first shoebox (but they were dwarves, so not desired).
Also, I've spawned 5 shoeboxes out of this syringe. All 5 colonized the same batch of rye, and the three later ones went to the same batch of spawn. All 5 were fruited the same way, same place, same temperature, same light, the same amount of misting and whatnot.

The other two shoeboxes that share the same sub batch haven't shown this trait. For example the pale ones in my signature. Same exact everything but drop from the syringe.

So I don't know what could make so much of a difference aside from genetics

Anyway, we should find out when I fruit the clones.

Edited by Ullr (02/05/18 05:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: Ullr]
    #24969616 -

Correct.  The results of the fruitied clones will tell whether or not genetics, or conditions are at play here.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #24969660 -

Im a big fan of Z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: hamloaf]
    #24970001 -

hamloaf said:
Correct.  The results of the fruitied clones will tell whether or not genetics, or conditions are at play here.



We will indeed see. The results of good conditions would be more compelling than the results of poor fruiting conditions. Because poor conditions cause appearance issues. That can be misinterpreted as phenotype. Like the white cap ones. What is the phenotype? Low RH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24970137 -

Certain asoects i lije about the fruit could be a phenotype like the size but the grills look like an environmental issue


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Z strain with PE looking phenotype [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24970757 -

bodhisatta said:
Like the white cap ones. What is the phenotype? Low RH



Wouldn't low RH have caused side/bottom pins? I'm just a bit puzzled, since that shoebox had the least side pins: One. Tiny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* PES, PESA, and the Amazon DazedSol 1,477 1 06/15/02 04:06 PM
by Champion des Champignons
* PESA vs. PES Amazonian Hammerloaf 10,769 10 01/18/02 08:34 AM
by kayaman9
* PES Hawaiian - Opinions? Experiences?
( 1 2 3 all )
Peace_Patrol 16,157 52 11/22/20 10:13 AM
by bodhisatta
* PES Amazonian strain and Neglect Tek neurochasm 4,055 3 08/23/01 07:05 AM
by Shiznitz
* Best strain for mycobags?? damek13 763 2 12/03/02 05:39 PM
by damek13
* P Strain Not pinning strain 3,907 7 04/22/26 04:15 AM
by Captb33
* What to do with these P strain cakes/casings? strain 2,636 1 04/20/02 04:08 PM
by World Spirit
* Help input on a 1st attempt PE and PEU. Do I bottle or do I spawn or it won't matter? more4u2c 672 8 03/02/18 02:08 AM
by 36fuckin5

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
823 topic views. 16 members, 44 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.