Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Laminar Flow Hood, Spawn Bags, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
Trusted Cultivator
Grow pounds while working 40+ hours * 5
    #26549940 - 03/22/20 12:53 AM (11 months, 8 days ago)

I have been here for almost 15years(where does the time go), I have done many of wonderful things thanks to this community.I figure its time to show you all how I get cubes done. (Works for Galondii too).
This tek is how I run continuous production while working a full time  job.

Day 1
-Place grain in bag ( for me about 8 pounds).  I used tidy totes for 10 years but they stopped making them so an Amazon fine mesh laundry sack is my new perfect bag.
This is good for four 2# grain bags or a full PC of jars.

Submerge grains rapidly moving bag/violent jabs really move the grain around, repeatedly rinse and submerge bag. Easiest outside with a  hose but, inside in a bucket is doable. For years i spent too long  washing my grain obsessively trying to get my run off water clear. You do want your grains to be clean, but don't get compulsive. I now rinse for about 15 mins no matter how it looks when im done.
Allocate a half hour of time before work to wash grains and clean your mess. This can suck if you have to walk the dog and or be at work early.
leave grain submerged with cover over it somewhere out of the way.
Day2
24 hours later wake with enough allotted time, proceed with your grain rinsing method.clean up*. IME 24 hours is the maximum amount of time you want to soak WBS. It cannot wait any longer.IF your lazy and you don't do it you wasted your grain and  your time from the day before.
Leave grain bag in a colander over a bucket with a bag on top.

Go to work, Just let that grain sit there all day 6-10 hours w/e you work.Sometimes seeds will germinate. sometimes not. It doesn't matter.
When I come home in the summer I spread grains onto a screen before loading into jars or bags. ( grain spawn bags 3-4 quarts)
In the winter I dump grains into bucket. Some grains on the outside of the bag will be super dry with some in the middle slightly wet. Putting it in the bucket distributes evenly.If grain still sticks to  hand use paper towel and wipe moister off the inside of the bucket wall, or wait.
Load your jars or bags and PC for the amount of time you are comfortable with.
Let sit until the next day.
Day3
Turn on hood,I use a Childs wardrobe from Ikea to house my flow hood. It has a drawer that I utilize to keep the top of my bags in the sterile laminar flow. It is also concealed behind doors.

make sure all labels/markers/ gloves anything you need is right where you need it.
Knock up jars or spawn bags depending on day.
Use one jar to knock up one bag. Quarts if you're impatient or pints for quantity.
label bags** date/ strains/ special notes.  Thoroughly massage bags so there is a colonized grain every square centimeter.
Day3
Prep sub
This is how I do coir. Put 1 brick coir in a plastic bag with 1 gallon water. If you want to add verm go ahead add 1 quart and an extra 250 ml of water.
Put water in pot until its around the bag with coir, submerge/ or dont. Bring water to a boil. And shut off heat.

If extra water gets in the bag threw a pin hole, it doesn't matter. If the brick doesn't seem to fully hydrate, It doesnt matter. Just flip the bag over and let everything equal out until the next day; or at least 6 hours.If your coir got obviously wet squeeze it out.

Day4
One brick of coir and One spawn bag(2#s knocked up with a full quart)/ 4 quarts makes one full size tub .
Put 80% of your substrate into a new garbage bag.Take colonized spawn bag and massage then empty into garbage bag with substrate; tie the top.(put something in the knot of the garbage bag to help you untie it.)

spend a few mins massaging colonized grain and substrate together inside of garbage bag. Constantly turning/ kneading, using your fingers to feel what's going on in there.( Large clear bags can be used to see the mix but i like the flexibility of non-scented glad bags.)

The bags don't usually break, if they do just tie the hole up. Even straw doesn't really pop threw the bag when  used If it does just tape it up.
I
f you want a liner put one down, if no then don't.
This is also a good time to smoke some weed and clean up your work area.
Gloves are optional ( you know your spawn)

Use your hands to remove large chunks of substrate that didn't mix thoroughly. Pull out or pat down any pieces of straw that stick up over 1/2" above substrate level
An even surface level helps immensely for even pin set so spend a few mins making sure the top is even.
Push down large chunks into the corners, Pat the corners down a little extra firm
Spread the 20% of the substrate you saved as a psudocassing  to cover any exposed grains on the top. sometimes i prepare the casing dry and use a water sprayer to mist the casing until field capacity with boiled water.
Do what ever you want to the holes. 1 brick makes one regular 56 quart tub, two small tubs and I'm guessing or 4 shoeboxes?
Rotate weekly between making spawn bags and jars or hustle an extra day to make both weekly.

Thats it. You can grow pounds if you can stick to this schedule.

Day1 soak wbs  Day 2 pc  Day 3 knock up spawn& prep sub Day 4 Make tubs.

It can get hectic when you have to pick on a work day but it happens I try to save Days 5,6&7  for picking/packaging ,agar work, or extra grain hustle. If I didn't have a partner that helped out every once in a while I might not be able to pull it off.
Brew beer? Use your Spent brewers grain for spawn bags

Edited by bw86 (03/22/20 12:28 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThedenthead
 User Gallery

Re: 40 hour work week tek [Re: bw86]
    #26550158 - 03/22/20 06:11 AM (11 months, 8 days ago)

Good stuff! Thanks man

--------------------
Nothing but my meandering thoughts.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Offlinerumfor69
Boomer
Male

Loc: In the Gills
Re: 40 hour work week tek [Re: Thedenthead]
    #26550529 - 03/22/20 11:24 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Figuring out the rotations and having it coincide with your work week
is not an easy task. But as you've shown us it is very possible nice tek thanks!

--------------------
▪︎:mushroomgrow::mspoil::scaryshroom:▪︎
                                          Misting & FAE              Everything You Need To Know

Offlinebw86

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 40 hour work week tek [Re: rumfor69] * 1
    #26550544 - 03/22/20 11:31 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Yeah not so much a Tek as much as a schedule. Obviously there is different ways to get things done but this is how it works for me.
When i first started doin this no one was using psudecassings and everyone was still using pollyfill in their tubs.
If i had posted this years ago when I put it in my journal some of it would have been new.

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26550572 - 03/22/20 11:47 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Love it

Offlinerumfor69
Boomer
Male

Loc: In the Gills
Re: 40 hour work week tek [Re: filthyknees]
    #26550614 - 03/22/20 12:07 PM (11 months, 7 days ago)

I remember you from back in the day here lol the schedule is important
how the work wobbles and is sewn into our weekly routine is tek. I believe sharing
those parameters is a great endeavor so other's can see
the symbiotic relationship you must have with your friend fun Gus.

--------------------
▪︎:mushroomgrow::mspoil::scaryshroom:▪︎
                                          Misting & FAE              Everything You Need To Know

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26550641 - 03/22/20 12:22 PM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Sweet Jesus man, your active Tub storage room is almost as big as my apartment :eek:

:shockandawe:  :bender:  :Awemazing:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

OfflineCulliganman360
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grow pounds while working 40+ hours [Re: bw86]
    #26647009 - 05/03/20 11:05 PM (9 months, 27 days ago)

Straight Motivation brother :rockon:
Thanks for sharin

Offlinebw86

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow pounds while working 40+ hours [Re: Culliganman360]
    #26651540 - 05/05/20 09:28 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Thanks man I'm about to pick this grind back up after mothers day. I'll try and fill in some gaps in the post and make the whole schedule a bit more cohesive.
Im working 50 hours a week right now and maintaining an indoor and outdoor garden. I have to suck it up and stop being a lil bitch.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26651559 - 05/05/20 09:37 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Hehe I used to do that trick with my spawn bags, I had a table with a little drawer too.

Hey off topic but can I ask you what you are using for a filter on your Series 1?

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlinebw86

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow pounds while working 40+ hours [Re: mushpunx]
    #26651620 - 05/05/20 10:15 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

That was a pair of cotton boxers :blush: I change the pre filter every few months. I usually use a t shirt. I have used air conditioner pre filters.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26651689 - 05/05/20 10:53 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:
That was a pair of cotton boxers :blush: I change the pre filter every few months. I usually use a t shirt. I have used air conditioner pre filters.

Hahaha!
I don't mean to distract from your topic but I just built a 12 x 24 (I had an 18 x 24 but I wanted a smaller one I can move around) - it's the same blower/filter combo as your series one except I added a grate to protect the filter, and it has the mini pleat filter FP uses now instead of the aluminum pins one.

Without a prefilter it has a pretty good flow rate, but when I added a Filtrete furnace filter it really cut the flow rate down a lot.

Is that why you use the T-shirt?

--------------------

AMU Q&A

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26651724 - 05/05/20 11:12 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Oh hey also I see how you have your blower wired in the picture, did you know that little electrical box has a little punch out so you can connect the cord with one of these special connectors and hide the wiring inside the little box?

I didn't :lol:  last time I wired up this blower I had a housing built around the blower tho so I just wired it up on the outside

--------------------

AMU Q&A

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
    #26651791 - 05/05/20 11:41 PM (9 months, 25 days ago)

:rockon: bw

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleKernale
Big Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bikini Bottom
    #26831759 - 07/19/20 03:18 AM (7 months, 13 days ago)

Now I'm no expert, but wouldn't making an LC instead of doing G2G cut down your weekly workload by a lot? One quart of LC goes a lot farther than one quart of grain IME; and you wouldn't have to do it every other week. I mean if it's not broke don't fix it. it's obviously working for you. It was just a thought.

--------------------

InvisibleDrboomer
The lord magnificent
I'm a teapot

Re: Grow pounds while working 40+ hours [Re: Kernale]
    #26831807 - 07/19/20 04:20 AM (7 months, 13 days ago)

Keeping up with a long work week is rough. I've been struggling like hell. Most weeks I'm working 7 days. Often I'll be pcing grain while banging out a couple days dinners and lunchs. I've got a super efficient schedule that works for me I was thinking of writing it up as a Tek about mush cult/ life time management. This is a good one

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Laminar Flow Hood, Spawn Bags, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation