Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: A.k.a]
    #26384154 -

It's 1000x zoom. Here's a Link to new tools of the trade thread where I have links to this scope and the pitris. Right after that post is another where I give a link to the app that works for my phone. I have a Red Hydrogen One.

It's cool it has usb, and the usb part flips open to reveal and Android Jack and then it comes with an adapter for type 'c' charger. I use these at work for inspecting holes I drill that are as big as two post-it notes thick. The resolution on my phone isn't as great as I'd hoped but I'm used to using a pc monitor. I'm still playing with it only tried it once. Gotta grow some more things to look at.

@vikingsc I pc them. I fill a jar with water and suck it up into the syringe, about an inch. Then I suck another inch of air into it. This keeps them short and gives space for steam inside the syringe. 20 min. Most of the syringe is under water. And as I mention here's the link for the App. Hope that helps


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Edited by spiritlands (12/15/19 09:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: spiritlands]
    #26384303 -

Ahhh right on. Somehow I missed that reply. Thanks. I'll try that app instead.

Right on. That sounds like a decent way. I'll try that way next time I need to sterilize some syringes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #26385455 -

Mr. Alien said:






Using a cheese cloth to filter the LME LC several times before going to the sterilizer avoided the floating things that appears in the image above.

I also released the valve of the sterilizer from 17 psi to 0 once it completed the 25 minutes at 17 psi. Didn't let the thing to drop slowly to 0 psi.

These measures resulted in this:

Before the sterilization:

After sterilization:

No floating things at the bottom of the bottle:



Same recipe 0.8% LME.

Edited by Mr. Alien (12/16/19 04:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #26385467 -

How long u guys PCing your lme for? I tried 30 mins at 15-16 psi and my shit is very dark/carmalized...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: SpunkyMonkey88]
    #26385489 -

Never tried anything bellow 25 minutes. Next time i will try 15 minutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: SpunkyMonkey88]
    #26385544 -

Mr. Alien said:
Using a cheese cloth to filter the LME LC several times before going to the sterilizer avoided the floating things that appears in the image above.

I also released the valve of the sterilizer from 17 psi to 0 once it completed the 25 minutes at 17 psi. Didn't let the thing to drop slowly to 0 psi.




Follow the tek to avoid floaters. Imo filtering the nutes will change your % in your broth. Unfiltered at .4% following the tek will give you better results(clear broth)

Never dump PC pressure:facepalm: you want a cool slow down to prevent boil over and such.


SpunkyMonkey88 said:
How long u guys PCing your lme for? I tried 30 mins at 15-16 psi and my shit is very dark/carmalized...



Read the tek:oldman:

30min for liquids is way to long just do 15min.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385620 -

mushboy said:
Never dump PC pressure:facepalm: you want a cool slow down to prevent boil over and such.





Is a 1L media bottle. The liquid inside is only 450 ml.  I doubt the liquid would boil over that high to actually escape the bottle through the lid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385622 -

If you want to quickly cool your PC run cool water over it in the sink.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien] * 1
    #26385626 -

And such would included cracking the glass.

Dont dump the pressure.

Quirkmeister92 said:
If you want to quickly cool your PC run cool water over it in the sink.



I wouldnt do that either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385639 -

It's a pretty common practice in the food industry. IIRC Bod has mentioned they're built to handle such. Thermodynamic magic and what not.

https://www.gopresto.com/content/pressure-cooking/pressure-cooking-faq#5
Manufacturer says it's OK. Saves a good bit of time.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Failboat]
    #26385648 -

I would be worried about sucking a bunch of dirty air into the PC.
With that said, that is something I made up in my head one day so
I don't know if it's a real issue.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Failboat]
    #26385650 -

I'm more thinking about the giant steam facial that would bubble your face off as you hold a heavy ass burning hot piece of aluminum over water.

My aa is ready to open after 20min anyway. Go take a dump or something then come back:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385660 -

Dirty air entering the unit is irrelevant, and you set the unit in the sink and just run cool water over it. No massive steam cloud, just a little evaporation, and it goes from 18+PSI to 0 in moments. I do this almost every time, and that's multiple times in a day on grain days. When you hit 0 I remove the weight and wait another moment or so and then use mitts to remove the lid as there will be some steam in the hot pot still, but that's no different than opening after waiting for the lock to drop.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Failboat]
    #26385663 -

I figured. I'm so fucking paranoid, though. I don't grow at scale so if there's a quick way
and a long way...I always do the long way. I don't know...gives me more shit to do :shrug:


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Asura]
    #26385669 -

Still not doing that:stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385677 -

Hmm, ok I won't release the valve again :lol:

I'm worried what you said about sucking air into the PC. Do you actually think the actual bottle could have sucked dirty air in through foil and the lid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26385681 -

Bottles have threads which prevents contams.

I wish I had like a dozen more bottles for more varieties in rotation. If I get everything consistently clean I'm thinkin LC>Masters Pints>qts>bags.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Failboat]
    #26385793 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Bottles have threads which prevents contams.




yeah that's what i thought too.

Anyway, about filtering the LME. Could we just like do .5% nute content solution and filter it so we "lower it" to .4%? I don't even think that filtering with a peace of cloth would lower the nute content that much, what it does is just filtering the biggest particles, most of the small particles already are effectively dissolved into the liquid.

Edited by Mr. Alien (12/16/19 10:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #26386181 -

Why filter it? Myc like the particles plenty well enough.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Failboat]
    #26386198 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Why filter it? Myc like the particles plenty well enough.



Yes, but i don't like it and the myc is not the boss will grow regardless :hahyeahwoo: :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 1st Liquid Culture, arrrgh! Seril 15,613 10 02/28/06 08:35 PM
by Limelight_Liver
* Starting a simple liquid culture method Garret_Hill 10,008 3 03/11/02 09:49 AM
by YourHighness
* Easy Liquid Culture Container Tek SixTango 21,804 7 01/17/12 04:59 PM
by dubyastep
* Liquid Cultures to Bulk Substrate Prodijal_Son 19,230 7 05/05/20 03:40 AM
by poisoned
* liquid culture failure gray1 6,501 3 07/19/01 09:37 PM
by Azure
* liquid culture using h2o2 baja 10,009 14 03/09/17 10:00 PM
by 3B3B4E
* Liquid culture inoculation of straw... possible? The FUnGal FiEnD 8,001 9 05/26/13 04:57 PM
by cronicr
* Liquid culture for alkaloids?? Dr. Slavic 981 3 01/26/03 06:29 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
96,404 topic views. 17 members, 183 guests and 309 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.