Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tipote] * 2
    #25964647 -

That's the weird thing.  Koods often seems like a pretty smart guy, but he lives in a bubble of make believe.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25964745 -

CNN is getting comical for the bullshit they are now trying to peddle:
Quote:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo claimed Tuesday that embattled Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro was preparing to leave the country for Cuba, but was talked out of it by Russia.



The obvious story is that Maduro had an escape plan if the coup were to get out of control.


Now, the US has an excuse to impose more sanctions on Russia, Cuba, and Venezuela all at the same time for not allowing the coup to succeed.  :flowstone:


In fact, Trump just threatened a new embargo on Cuba for their role in helping keep Maduro in power.


WOW, are Americans really this stupid?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25964760 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
The Ecstatic said:
Seriously. How are you this naive? We want Venezuela’s oil. Period. Taking away the only resource the Venezuelan people have is not going to help them.



I'm surprised koods isn't smart enough to understand this.

He seems to think the US causing 40,000 deaths and installing an unelected puppet President to make it stop is just what the Venezuelan people like.



Why do we want Venezuela’s oil? Can either of you tell me what we need it for?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25964799 -

Because "real" value  is in natural resources.  Oil, clean water, clean air. Not to mention the our track record of invading foreign countries in the name of diplomacy for oil.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Yesum]
    #25964812 -

Venezuela is an environmental distaster. Caracas had the worst air quality of any city I’ve ever been

Can someone please justify their assertion that the US wants Venezuela’s oil. Why would we want it? The US doesn’t rely on foreign sources of oil anymore. The US is now the world’s largest oil producer, and we are a net exporter. So, again, why would we need their oil?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25964862 -

Maduros thugs repeatedly ran over protesters with armored vehicles earlier today. This is what repression looks like.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 5
    #25964866 -

koods said:
Venezuela is an environmental distaster. Caracas had the worst air quality of any city I’ve ever been

Can someone please justify their assertion that the US wants Venezuela’s oil. Why would we want it? The US doesn’t rely on foreign sources of oil anymore. The US is now the world’s largest oil producer, and we are a net exporter. So, again, why would we need their oil?



To control the most important resource in the world. If we don't control it, China or Russia might fill the void and the US doesn't want that outcome.

Why does the US care about oil production in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria and elsewhere?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: qman] * 1
    #25964868 -

qman nailed it.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 1
    #25964871 -

ya its not like much of the global economy runs on oil, its not like Bolton said anything about oil being good for American companies, its not like the PETRO-dollar has a specific relationship with oil, its not like Venezuela has the largest reserves of oil and controlling that would mean influencing the price of oil like OPEC already do.

DURR why would America want control of Venezuelas oil?!?

Jesus, koods.


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 2
    #25964891 -

koods said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
The Ecstatic said:
Seriously. How are you this naive? We want Venezuela’s oil. Period. Taking away the only resource the Venezuelan people have is not going to help them.



I'm surprised koods isn't smart enough to understand this.

He seems to think the US causing 40,000 deaths and installing an unelected puppet President to make it stop is just what the Venezuelan people like.



Why do we want Venezuela’s oil? Can either of you tell me what we need it for?





there's this thing called money.  have you heard of it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tulipslave] * 1
    #25964906 -

what can you do with oil anyway?! Is this a sought-after thing?:shrug:


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tipote]
    #25964917 -

Tipote said:
what can you do with oil anyway?! Is this a sought-after thing?:shrug:






cars, tanks, airplanes, plastics, ships



edit:  and like others have said, if you have it, and others don't, then you can make dents in or help cripple their economy, making them more dependent on you for other products/goods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25965170 -

koods said:
Why do we want Venezuela’s oil? Can either of you tell me what we need it for?



That can't possibly be a serious question, can it?  Regardless, looks like everyone here understands but you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25965214 -

koods said:
Maduros thugs repeatedly ran over protesters with armored vehicles earlier today. This is what repression looks like.





Looks like one guy in that video got injured trying to overthrow the President.  I wonder how US security guards would have reacted to people trying to overthrow our own President?


And then there's the estimated 40,000 people killed by US sanctions.  But that's not what repression looks like, that's what freedom and democracy look like, amirite koods?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25965226 -

The government ran over protesters with assault vehicles. That’s what happened. It’s pretty distgusting what kind of behavior you are willing to justify.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 1
    #25965277 -

those guys are throwing moltovs. id run em over too if they threaten my life.

koods you are not better than maduro. you would use your poewr to round up every conservative and shoot them like any dictator without breaking a sweat.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: JHOVA]
    #25965304 -

You don’t know shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 1
    #25965354 -

I agree with JHOVA, "I'd run 'em over too if they threaten my life".

I noticed your fake news source cut out what happened just before those people got run over.  I also notice your fake news source deceived you about "hundreds of thousands" of people attempting a coup.  I also notice that you still trust your fake news source and have no problem being wrong over and over and over and over...


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25965381 -

Jhova just likes the idea of protesters getting run over and you are just willing to make excuses for actions that any rational human knows is unacceptable.



There are 50,000 people in this photo alone. At least.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (04/30/19 11:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25965391 -

koods said:


There are 50,000 people in this photo alone. At least.



And what is that a photo of?  Today's failed coup attempt?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hugo Chavez has tape of CIA plotting Venezuala Coup SquattingMarmot 926 4 09/21/03 07:47 PM
by afoaf
* Radio Ad Attacks Nader Over GOP Support fft2 920 5 07/14/04 05:28 PM
by JesusChrist
* Would you support a revolution? Sombie 781 19 08/11/03 07:42 AM
by shakta
* Venezuelan E-Voting afoaf 455 0 07/13/04 10:21 AM
by afoaf
* America's role in the Chilean coup Edame 923 16 09/11/03 01:00 PM
by Xlea321
* Bush losing re-election support? adrug 1,905 14 09/28/03 11:34 PM
by SquattingMarmot
* War people, why do you support the war?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
rhizo 11,173 145 07/05/06 09:56 AM
by Phred
* Venezuelan Socialism
( 1 2 all )
lines 2,465 20 09/16/08 11:21 AM
by Redstorm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,699 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.