Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | | Last >
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877824 -

The Ecstatic said:
90% of the time, yes it does.



I disagree. Saying racist things makes someone racist. Being anti-immigration makes someone racist 0% of the time.

Quote:
Especially when that person proves that their anti immigration stance isn’t based on balancing a budget or public safety when immigration is literally the only topic in which that person voices concern for the budget or public safety.



I'm certainly not going to defend qman on the issue of racism. He's straddled that line for years, sometimes saying outright racist things, and we all know that. I guess I just don't understand how that issue has a place in this discussion.

You catch more flies with honey, bro. I think Bernie fits Qman's political profile better than most political candidates, and I'm trying to convince him of that.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/16/19 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877836 -

Bigbadwooof said:
I think we should be trying to persuade people to vote with us, instead of attacking them. Calling people racist just doesn't benefit anyone. Qman has said some pretty racist things on this forum, but we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about how he is probably going to vote for Bernie this election.

Right Qman? :smirk:



Bernie's Jewish tho remember, that has to be like -500pts for him


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #25877852 -

twighead said:
Bigbadwooof said:
I think we should be trying to persuade people to vote with us, instead of attacking them. Calling people racist just doesn't benefit anyone. Qman has said some pretty racist things on this forum, but we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about how he is probably going to vote for Bernie this election.

Right Qman? :smirk:



Bernie's Jewish tho remember, that has to be like -500pts for him



He's Polish Jewish.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877868 -

So what's the score then -300?


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #25877874 -

twighead said:
So what's the score then -300?



It's over 9000!!!

:dragonballz:


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/16/19 12:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 2
    #25877913 -

Bigbadwooof said:
The Ecstatic said:
90% of the time, yes it does.



I disagree. Saying racist things makes someone racist. Being anti-immigration makes someone racist 0% of the time.

Quote:
Especially when that person proves that their anti immigration stance isn’t based on balancing a budget or public safety when immigration is literally the only topic in which that person voices concern for the budget or public safety.



I'm certainly not going to defend qman on the issue of racism. He's straddled that line for years, sometimes saying outright racist things, and we all know that. I guess I just don't understand how that issue has a place in this discussion.

You catch more flies with honey, bro. I think Bernie fits Qman's political profile better than most political candidates, and I'm trying to convince him of that.




There are many more ways of being racist than saying racist things. In fact, I’d say a vast majority of racists do not say explicitly racist things.

Also, I’m not trying to catch racist flies. I’d rather swat them.

There’s this pervasive idea that we have to get the racists on our side if we want to win. That’s bullshit. Only 61.4% of eligible voters cast a ballot in 2016. There are literally tens of millions of flies we can offer honey to before we double back and start trying to coax the ones committed to voting for the opposition.

All it takes to swing the next presidential election to the Dems, based on the map from 2016, is maybe 100,000 voters in the rust belt to show up instead of staying home. That’s it. Let’s start there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877914 -

Bigbadwooof said:
I think we should be trying to persuade people to vote with us, instead of attacking them. Calling people racist just doesn't benefit anyone. Qman has said some pretty racist things on this forum, but we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about how he is probably going to vote for Bernie this election.

Right Qman? :smirk:



I want to hear about social and economic nationalism, I agree with Bernie on the trade policies and that's a real big plus in my book.  That's why the MSM is bashing him every chance they get, it's one the reasons why they bash Trump as well.

I'll tell you one thing I do NOT want to hear out of Bernie's mouth, it's the "Women and Minorities" nonsense. He can NOT alienate a whole demographic of people by only showing concern for specific demographics.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/bernie-sanders-minority-female-fans-argue-against-bernie-bro-trope-2019-3/

So far so good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877922 -

The Ecstatic said:
If Bernie was more racist then qman would be a fan. But because his vision of a better society includes immigrants, it’s an automatic rejection.



You do realize if we implement more generous social programs in the US that poor illegals will flood over the border to take advantage of it?  That doesn't benefit US citizens, it pisses on a good system.

The pie is only so big, so we can't divide the slices into smaller and smaller pieces in an attempt to save the third world, it's not going to work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman] * 1
    #25877944 -

Is nationalism, social & economic not what led fairly directly to WW1 & 2? How do you see it implemented without creating an antagonistic cycle?

Take for instance the Pacific theater; Japan's conquests were initiated by social/economic nationalism - and where they may have stopped with Korea & China, etc. They essentially had to either withdraw from China and accept 'mediocrity' - or go against the US full force, ala Pearl Harbor - because we stopped selling them oil, and they wouldn't stand a chance any other way (i.e. there is oil in the East Indies - but immediately attacking there both meant the US would be prepared for war - and likely enter on their own accord, and be able to take a powerful position up in US controlled Philippines.. There wasn't much middle ground.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman] * 2
    #25877956 -

qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
If Bernie was more racist then qman would be a fan. But because his vision of a better society includes immigrants, it’s an automatic rejection.



You do realize if we implement more generous social programs in the US that poor illegals will flood over the border to take advantage of it?  That doesn't benefit US citizens, it pisses on a good system.

The pie is only so big, so we can't divide the slices into smaller and smaller pieces in an attempt to save the third world, it's not going to work.



1. Those hypothetically generous social programs don’t apply to illegal immigrants
2. You consistently stan for the party that is hellbent on shrinking that pie.

If I didn’t know any better I’d guess that’s just a convenient argument for you to claim “moderate conservative” status knowing full well those social programs will never be achieved, but a militarized border and an atmosphere of hostility towards immigrants is being achieved.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #25877968 -

twighead said:
Is nationalism, social & economic not what led fairly directly to WW1 & 2? How do you see it implemented without creating an antagonistic cycle?

Take for instance the Pacific theater; Japan's conquests were initiated by social/economic nationalism - and where they may have stopped with Korea & China, etc. They essentially had to either withdraw from China and accept 'mediocrity' - or go against the US full force, ala Pearl Harbor - because we stopped selling them oil, and they wouldn't stand a chance any other way (i.e. there is oil in the East Indies - but immediately attacking there both meant the US would be prepared for war - and likely enter on their own accord, and be able to take a powerful position up in US controlled Philippines.. There wasn't much middle ground.



I just think we need to reverse a massive 40 year move that has embraced globalization and immigration at the expense of the native citizens.

I don't believe that reversal back to the mean has to involve attacking other nations at all. The Elites have done a number on the working class in the US, I don't think a small dose of nationalism is unhealthy, it might be the only thing that keeps the middle class alive in the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877985 -

The Ecstatic said:
There are many more ways of being racist than saying racist things. In fact, I’d say a vast majority of racists do not say explicitly racist things.

Also, I’m not trying to catch racist flies. I’d rather swat them.

There’s this pervasive idea that we have to get the racists on our side if we want to win. That’s bullshit. Only 61.4% of eligible voters cast a ballot in 2016. There are literally tens of millions of flies we can offer honey to before we double back and start trying to coax the ones committed to voting for the opposition.

All it takes to swing the next presidential election to the Dems, based on the map from 2016, is maybe 100,000 voters in the rust belt to show up instead of staying home. That’s it. Let’s start there.



Fair enough, I can't argue with that. I will say though, if you intend to swat flies, you ought to be certain they are actually flies. Painting the world with such broad strokes, as to say 'anyone who is anti-immigration is a racist', is lazy, and obviously inaccurate.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877990 -

“You can’t just call everyone a racist.”

*checks another box on my alt right talking point BINGO board*


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877996 -

The Ecstatic said:
“You can’t just call everyone a racist.”

*checks another box on my alt right talking point BINGO board*



"Anyone who disagrees with my political views is a racist"

*Checks another box in my SJW nutter talking point BINGO board*


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman]
    #25878017 -

Try again, qman.
I support FARTS.  More teeth than any tariff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25878018 -

When you arrive at the conclusion that I am remotely 'alt-right', you need to recalibrate your meter. Do words even mean anything anymore?


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #25878021 -

ballsalsa said:
Try again, qman.
I support FARTS.  More teeth than any tariff.



What does that acronym stand for again? lol


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #25878023 -

Bigbadwooof said:
The Ecstatic said:
“You can’t just call everyone a racist.”

*checks another box on my alt right talking point BINGO board*



"Anyone who disagrees with my political views is a racist"

*Checks another box in my SJW nutter talking point BINGO board*



Is that what I’m doing? Calling everyone who disagrees with me a racist?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25878026 -

The Ecstatic said:
Is that what I’m doing? Calling everyone who disagrees with me a racist?



You're calling everyone who disagrees with you on immigration racist.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #25878030 -

Bigbadwooof said:
When you arrive at the conclusion that I am remotely 'alt-right', you need to recalibrate your meter. Do words even mean anything anymore?



Assuming this is directed at me.


Buddy, you need to read very carefully and understand that I’m not calling you alt right, I’m saying you are using the rhetoric and talking points of the alt right. Deny them their narrative and you won’t find yourself arguing against other Bernie supporters on behalf of the far right.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | | Last >

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee lonestar2004 1,575 16 03/01/08 01:49 AM
by KillerPicklez
* Super Tuesday: Democrats outpolled Reps by 6 million. blackegg 1,363 13 02/29/08 02:04 AM
by fireworks_god
* TRUMP 2024
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2127 2128 )
XUL 502,253 42,556 10/08/26 05:33 AM
by gopher
* Notice To Incumbent Democrats Up For Reelection In 2014:
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
starfire_xes 5,516 174 11/22/13 07:32 PM
by zappaisgod
* Are Democrats Creeping Into Contention? lonestar2004 1,679 2 06/22/05 10:24 PM
by Ravus
* Social Engineering by Democrats Destroys the World's Financial Markets
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phred 8,368 97 10/17/08 01:18 AM
by riceandpeas
* Senate Democrats say their rookies strayed on FISA discombobulate 517 2 08/09/07 04:37 AM
by Seuss
* Democrats Panick Over Obuma's New Power Plant Regulations
( 1 2 3 all )
Stonehenge 2,573 56 06/16/14 04:18 PM
by Luddite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
89,617 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.