Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee
    #8085210 - 02/29/08 10:26 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Pew Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee

Although attention has been focused on McCain's problems with the GOP base, there are indications that some Democrats might defect if Obama is the party's nominee. Overall, 20% of white Democratic voters say they would vote for McCain if Obama is the Democratic nominee. That is twice the percentage of white Democrats who say they would support McCain in a Clinton-McCain matchup. Older Democrats (ages 65 and older), lower-income and less educated Democrats also would support McCain at higher levels if Obama rather than Clinton is the party's nominee.

The three leading presidential candidates have divergent images, which are reflected in the words that voters use to describe Obama, Clinton and McCain. In general, the single words used to describe Obama are very positive, but the word "inexperienced" is used most frequently to describe the Illinois senator.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=398

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8085214 - 02/29/08 10:28 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Sadly some people will never vote for Obama because he is black. And some people will vote for Obama JUST because he’s black.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8085306 - 02/29/08 11:04 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Older Democrats (ages 65 and older), lower-income and less educated Democrats also would support McCain at higher levels if Obama rather than Clinton is the party's nominee.

Logic should be a required class for H.S. graduates.
Race, sex and whether or not you'd want to drink a beer with a candidate seem like poor criteria for whether or not to vote for someone.

Quote:

The three leading presidential candidates have divergent images, which are reflected in the words that voters use to describe Obama, Clinton and McCain. In general, the single words used to describe Obama are very positive, but the word "inexperienced" is used most frequently to describe the Illinois senator.

"Experienced" is the word used most often to describe Clinton, with the words "strong" and untrustworthy" also mentioned frequently. For McCain, the word "old" is used most often as a descriptor, far outnumbering mentions of "honest," "experienced" and "patriot."

:lol:

I wonder how big a percentage whites make up in Democratic Demographics.

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
    #8085320 - 02/29/08 11:07 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

more polls that have little significance to what actually happens in november? the only polls I'm interested in, really, are the exit polls. we've seen how wildly inaccurate polls like the one you're all excited about have been thus far. And I'd guess that the 20% that say they'll vote for mccain over obama are die-hard clinton supporters who are acting like spoiled children these days. But even if your numbers are correct, I'm sure all the "conservatives" who say they wont support mccain will off-set this total.

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: vonhumboldt]
    #8085342 - 02/29/08 11:14 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

wildly inaccurate polls like the one you're all excited about

:lol:
us two people who've posted.

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: blackegg]
    #8085371 - 02/29/08 11:26 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I wonder what the right will do when their candidate, Hillary, is out of the running. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: vonhumboldt]
    #8087236 - 02/29/08 07:55 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

vonhumboldt said:
more polls that have little significance to what actually happens in november? the only polls I'm interested in, really, are the exit polls. we've seen how wildly inaccurate polls like the one you're all excited about have been thus far.

It’s probably more than 20%...

The Bradley effect

"The term Bradley effect or Wilder effect refers to an explanation advanced as the possible cause of a phenomenon which has led to inaccurate voter opinion polls in some American political campaigns between a white candidate and a non-white candidate"

"general belief among pollsters is that perceived societal pressures have led some white voters to be less than forthcoming in their poll responses. These voters supposedly have harbored a concern that declaring their support for a white candidate over a non-white candidate will create a perception that the voter is racially prejudiced"

"Obama's polling numbers will be widely scrutinized as analysts try to definitively determine whether the Bradley effect has become a significant factor in the race"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8087272 - 02/29/08 08:07 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Has there been any demonstration that this effect has occured in the Democratic primaries?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8087282 - 02/29/08 08:11 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Has there been any demonstration that this effect has occured in the Democratic primaries?

"After a victorious showing in the Iowa caucuses, where votes were cast publicly, polls predicted that Obama would also capture the New Hampshire Democratic primary election by several percentage points over Hillary Clinton, a white senator. However, Clinton defeated Obama by three points in the New Hampshire race, where ballots were cast secretly, immediately initiating suggestions by some analysts that the Bradley effect may have been at work"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
    #8087300 - 02/29/08 08:16 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

OR what may have happened was that big events happened between the poll that showed obama ahead, and the primary. Remember the last poll was two days before that primary.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: supernovasky]
    #8087323 - 02/29/08 08:24 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I.E. Hillary :emocry:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
    #8087328 - 02/29/08 08:25 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Even if this number of 20% of white males not voting for Obama is accurate (I have my doubts), all the other numbers favor Obama. All you have to do is look at Republican vs. Democrat turnout in these primaries. Democrats are basically voting in numbers 3x that of the Republicans - even when the Republican contest was still open and not locked up. Even if you just look at the raw votes for Obama vs. McCain from before he locked up the nomination, Obama wins.

Democrats are coming out in full force this election and taking many independents and former Republicans with them. This election will break the battle-ground state / +1 state presidential election model we've seen the past few elections.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8087367 - 02/29/08 08:39 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Obviously it's your election to lose.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8087402 - 02/29/08 08:49 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

i would like to see a presidental race that is only audio
than we would get a real candidate
dont let the cadndidates show their faces at all
and only campaign with their words
i wish thats how the system worked

--------------------

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: Coaster]
    #8087569 - 02/29/08 09:31 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

why don't we vote for people based on how a candidate will govern the country instead of whether they are male/female, black/white, old/young ffs?

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: SlashOZ]
    #8087821 - 02/29/08 10:34 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Because no one really knows how they'll govern the country.

And, realistically, most people do not have the time or for some reason just do not
spend the time to even try and understand 1/2 the shit that's discussed in this forum.

The more I look into each of these issues the more hopelessly complicated everything seems.

Participating in this forum has open vast vistas of knowledge I will *never* have the time to fully explore.

At a certain point you just have to guess.

...and I'm guessing Obama next Tuesday.

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee [Re: Coaster]
    #8088607 - 03/01/08 03:49 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
i would like to see a presidental race that is only audio
than we would get a real candidate
dont let the cadndidates show their faces at all
and only campaign with their words
i wish thats how the system worked

I was thinking the exact opposite the other day. I was thinking there should be a reality show with all the presidential candidates. See if some of their true colors come out.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Political Discussion