Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | | Last >
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman] * 2
    #25876684 -

qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
I’d love to vote for the candidate who best represents my views, but he’s not racist enough.



How is economic and social nationalism "racist"?  You do realize that the US is already a diverse population when it comes to race?  I want my fellow US citizen to do better than non-US citizens regardless of race, unfortunately you can't say the same.



I want US citizens and non citizens to both succeed.

That said, none of Bernie’s major plans apply to non US citizens.



Yes, most people want non-US citizens to succeed, but not at the expense of their fellow citizen.



Yeah but that isn’t the case. Immigrants arent stealing your money, the rich are. But the rich also conned you into blaming immigrants. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman] * 3
    #25876963 -

qman said:
I'll continue to point out the hypocrisy of the MSM, when Bernie embraces economic and social nationalism, I'll vote for him.



Bernie wants to cut the military budget, and spend that money at home rebuilding our infrastructure, and creating quality jobs in the process. What could possibly be more nationalist than that?

How about redistributing the exorbitant wealth of corporations and billionaires that operate and live within the United States to the American people, instead of publicly funding them through subsidization and tax loopholes.

What exactly qualifies as nationalist to you? Because the fact of the matter is, every candidate that isn't Bernie or Tulsi (Maybe Warren), is a candidate for the rich and powerful, and that is destroying this nation.

I don't see how this forum is worth anyone's time, if after all of these years, we can't convince you to vote for what's best for this country. I really hope you make the right choice this election. Bernie may not tick all of your boxes, but it seems to me that he's a step in the direction you want to go, and you know damn well he has integrity, at least. That's a pretty big deal.

Join us.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/15/19 10:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877111 -

The Ecstatic said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
...none of Bernie’s major plans apply to non US citizens.



Yes, most people want non-US citizens to succeed, but not at the expense of their fellow citizen.



Yeah but that isn’t the case. Immigrants arent stealing your money, the rich are. But the rich also conned you into blaming immigrants. :thumbup:



Exactly - you beat me to it.  Bernie wants US citizens to succeed, but it might come at the expense of the billionaire class.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #25877137 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
The Ecstatic said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
...none of Bernie’s major plans apply to non US citizens.



Yes, most people want non-US citizens to succeed, but not at the expense of their fellow citizen.



Yeah but that isn’t the case. Immigrants arent stealing your money, the rich are. But the rich also conned you into blaming immigrants. :thumbup:



Exactly - you beat me to it.  Bernie wants US citizens to succeed, but it might come at the expense of the billionaire class.



What's interesting about that, is that the media is the tool that is used to convince people of these things, and all of those hosts on cable news are bringing in hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year.

You have the very wealthy informing the American public about the class struggle. They try to make it about race, religion, or whatever other divisive horse shit, and we end up fighting the wrong enemy most of the time. Class warfare is at the crux of American politics these days, and that is the one thing that the media is incapable of covering in a way that remotely resembles 'fair and balanced'.

Mexicans are not the enemy. I fucking love Mexicans. Lately, most of the people I work with are Mexicans, and I have to say, they have such a wonderful culture. If I show up without a lunch, they give me tacos. They are family oriented, and they are good friends. I really don't get it, we should want more of them in this country. They work hard, their women are beautiful... I don't get it.

Plus, they bring me my drug, from far away lands.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 3
    #25877169 -

Bernie Sanders' campaign staff became the first in American history to unionize.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Brian Jones]
    #25877192 -

Brian Jones said:
Bernie Sanders' campaign staff became the first in American history to unionize.



That's great, and everything, but why would you unionize for a job that isn't even going to last a year?


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877200 -

Set a good example I guess? :lol:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #25877408 -

Brian Jones said:
Bernie Sanders' campaign staff became the first in American history to unionize.



To be fair, Iron Stache (who challenged Paul Ryan in a losing bid) was the first. Rep Deb Harland was the first to do it and win. Bernie is the first for potus candidates though.

Bigbadwooof said:
Brian Jones said:
Bernie Sanders' campaign staff became the first in American history to unionize.



That's great, and everything, but why would you unionize for a job that isn't even going to last a year?



Assuming he wins the primary, he’ll be campaigning for another 20 months. But yeah, this seems like mostly for optics.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #25877458 -

Bigbadwooof said:
qman said:
I'll continue to point out the hypocrisy of the MSM, when Bernie embraces economic and social nationalism, I'll vote for him.



Bernie wants to cut the military budget, and spend that money at home rebuilding our infrastructure, and creating quality jobs in the process. What could possibly be more nationalist than that?

How about redistributing the exorbitant wealth of corporations and billionaires that operate and live within the United States to the American people, instead of publicly funding them through subsidization and tax loopholes.

What exactly qualifies as nationalist to you? Because the fact of the matter is, every candidate that isn't Bernie or Tulsi (Maybe Warren), is a candidate for the rich and powerful, and that is destroying this nation.

I don't see how this forum is worth anyone's time, if after all of these years, we can't convince you to vote for what's best for this country. I really hope you make the right choice this election. Bernie may not tick all of your boxes, but it seems to me that he's a step in the direction you want to go, and you know damn well he has integrity, at least. That's a pretty big deal.

Join us.



Bernie had/has the same position on trade that Trump did, so I definitely respect that aspect. What I find somewhat ironic is that so many in this forum are AGAINST economic tariffs and are pro-globalization. Can those on the left vote for Bernie if he's pro-American workers by using economic tariffs to do so?  I guess they're pro-billionaires and want the status quo on US global trade agreements.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman] * 2
    #25877499 -

Me: Bernie is alright I guess but he won’t get my vote because he needs to focus on America first.
Also me: If Bernie doesn’t singlehandedly dismantle global capitalism he and his supporters are cucks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25877527 -

The Ecstatic said:
Me: Bernie is alright I guess but he won’t get my vote because he needs to focus on America first.
Also me: If Bernie doesn’t singlehandedly dismantle global capitalism he and his supporters are cucks.



I love Bernie's position on US trade, that's called economic nationalism and I respect that position.

I guess the larger questions remains, why did so many on the left oppose Trump's attempt to do the same policy?  Hatred for Trump or pro-billionaires?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman]
    #25877661 -

qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Me: Bernie is alright I guess but he won’t get my vote because he needs to focus on America first.
Also me: If Bernie doesn’t singlehandedly dismantle global capitalism he and his supporters are cucks.



I love Bernie's position on US trade, that's called economic nationalism and I respect that position.



If I remember correctly, Bernie has traditionally espoused some protectionist views, that I think would resonate with you. I believe I've heard him endorse tariffs, and his views on immigration in the past have been similar to yours. This is one area where his talking points have evolved with the party, so I don't know what he would actually do in office.

Quote:
I guess the larger questions remains, why did so many on the left oppose Trump's attempt to do the same policy?  Hatred for Trump or pro-billionaires?



I don't know what you're referring to specifically, but hatred for Trump/obstructionism, and being pro-billionaires can both be blamed, I'm sure.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/16/19 10:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877697 -

Bigbadwooof said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Me: Bernie is alright I guess but he won’t get my vote because he needs to focus on America first.
Also me: If Bernie doesn’t singlehandedly dismantle global capitalism he and his supporters are cucks.



I love Bernie's position on US trade, that's called economic nationalism and I respect that position.



If I remember correctly, Bernie has traditionally espoused some protectionist views, that I think would resonate with you. I believe I've heard him endorse tariffs, and his views on immigration in the past have been similar to yours. This is one area where his talking points have evolved with the party, so I don't know what he would actually do in office.

Quote:
I guess the larger questions remains, why did so many on the left oppose Trump's attempt to do the same policy?  Hatred for Trump or pro-billionaires?



I don't know what you're referring to specifically, but hatred for Trump/obstructionism, and being pro-billionaires can both be blamed, I'm sure.



Every person on the left in this forum (exception of Fal) are against economic tariffs and for the massive trade deficits that create billionaires.  Maybe it's Trump Derangement Syndrome or economic ignorance, either way Bernie is spot on with this issue.

Edited by qman (03/16/19 10:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: qman]
    #25877714 -

Wheres your poll data? How come I didnt get the views survey?


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: twighead] * 2
    #25877775 -

This is just qman grasping at straws for ways to say “no it’s actually the left and the Bernie supporters who are conned by the billionaires.”

It’s no different than his position on immigration.

Qman is against every proposal that curtails the wealth and power of the ruling class EXCEPT in instances where it harms brown people.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25877786 -

The Ecstatic said:
This is just qman grasping at straws for ways to say “no it’s actually the left and the Bernie supporters who are conned by the billionaires.”

It’s no different than his position on immigration.

Qman is against every proposal that curtails the wealth and power of the ruling class EXCEPT in instances where it harms brown people.



I don't find that to be true, honestly.

He was literally just saying we should impose tarriffs as a means of protectionism. That doesn't target any ethnic group.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/16/19 11:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 3
    #25877790 -

If Bernie was more racist then qman would be a fan. But because his vision of a better society includes immigrants, it’s an automatic rejection.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25877794 -

The Ecstatic said:
If Bernie was more racist then qman would be a fan. But because his vision of a better society includes immigrants, it’s an automatic rejection.



Being anti-immigration doesn't make someone a racist. Bernie Sanders has expressed similar views to Qman on immigration in the past.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877798 -

I think we should be trying to persuade people to vote with us, instead of attacking them. Calling people racist just doesn't benefit anyone. Qman has said some pretty racist things on this forum, but we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about how he is probably going to vote for Bernie this election.

Right Qman? :smirk:


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders 2020 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #25877802 -

90% of the time, yes it does.

Especially when that person proves that their anti immigration stance isn’t based on balancing a budget or public safety when immigration is literally the only topic in which that person voices concern for the budget or public safety.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee lonestar2004 1,575 16 03/01/08 01:49 AM
by KillerPicklez
* Super Tuesday: Democrats outpolled Reps by 6 million. blackegg 1,363 13 02/29/08 02:04 AM
by fireworks_god
* TRUMP 2024
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2128 2129 )
XUL 502,397 42,566 10/09/26 12:34 AM
by pugster
* Notice To Incumbent Democrats Up For Reelection In 2014:
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
starfire_xes 5,516 174 11/22/13 07:32 PM
by zappaisgod
* Are Democrats Creeping Into Contention? lonestar2004 1,679 2 06/22/05 10:24 PM
by Ravus
* Social Engineering by Democrats Destroys the World's Financial Markets
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phred 8,368 97 10/17/08 01:18 AM
by riceandpeas
* Senate Democrats say their rookies strayed on FISA discombobulate 517 2 08/09/07 04:37 AM
by Seuss
* Democrats Panick Over Obuma's New Power Plant Regulations
( 1 2 3 all )
Stonehenge 2,573 56 06/16/14 04:18 PM
by Luddite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
89,618 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.