Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak?
    #25031652 - 03/01/18 12:45 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I tried mushrooms (truffle) tea last week. I used 5g and was fully expecting a big experience. I put it in a cup worth of water and boiled.. now, I think an issue may have been that I left the heat too high for 10 mins. I left it unattended and came back to a 'rolling boil' ie the bits were floating to the top and sinking again quite rapidly.

After several hours nothing happened which was very weird. The come up came with a bit of nausea and slight body high but nothing major... then it all stopped. Was really bummed about it. Later that night I did feel odd and spacey (8 hours later) and got a bit emotional... but also had a salvia tincture which was the 5th day in a row of that.

I assumed I had over dried the truffles or they were just a weak batch. I just downed a 200mg tiny tiny dose (measured with a mini measuring spoon 200ml). Straight down with juice. I expected absolutely nothing from this. However I feel as good as I did after the 5 gram tea!!! Bit light headed, nice body high, just feel good. From this I can't say I will ever do tea again. Seems a terrible waste. The nausea is present again slightly with this tiny dose but didn't take ginger or anything with it.

So I have 5g left. Will down it dry with juice next week and take with ginger to prevent the nausea. Fingers crossed! Anyone had tea that should have been really strong and just wasn't? U have heard fresh shrooms are best for tea not dried, that could have been part of the issue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Broken1]
    #25031661 - 03/01/18 12:49 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I would steep, not boil.

OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Bikerfool]
    #25031683 - 03/01/18 12:57 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I have done 5g dried mushroom tea on two occasions, both times to great effect. The second time I experienced full-blown ego-annihilation, and I would have done so the first time but I was too chicken to let it happen.

I boiled the water in an electric kettle then I poured it into a tea pot with shredded dried mushroom pieces and green tea inside. Strained it, then drank the tea. It was definitely more than 200 ml worth of tea. I had to drink a few cups actually. I let the tea steep for 15 minutes.

--------------------
"Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If I am the devil's child, I will live then, by the devil" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineSpiralsAhead
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #25031704 - 03/01/18 01:04 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

I have never tried truffles but word has it that they are much less potent. I think you may need much more than 5g.
Also, if you want advice on how to deal with nausea, don't eat for at least 4 hours before you drink your tea.

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: SpiralsAhead]
    #25031744 - 03/01/18 01:23 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Hmm so truffles are crap and also I left the heat on so may well have destroyed the psilocybin. Going to down the rest of the powder straight next week. Also growing cubes so fingers crossed on them

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25032144 - 03/01/18 03:18 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
....From this I can't say I will ever do tea again. Seems a terrible waste.

.....Anyone had tea that should have been really strong and just wasn't? U have heard fresh shrooms are best for tea not dried, that could have been part of the issue

Nah, tea is a very effective way to dose and not a waste...Something must have not gone right with your brew...With tea, the trip usually comes on incredibly fast and hard compared to eating them.

Sounds like your truffles were weak, and/or that full on rolling boil might have caused some of the psilocybin/psilocin to break down....Did you break up/crush the truffles before putting them into the tea? And both fresh or dried truffles/mushrooms can be used to make tea, it doesn't matter if they're dried out or freshly picked.

Soaking the truffles in lemon juice before adding them to the brew, or just adding some lemon juice to the tea while it's brewing, can also help pull a bit more of the actives into the tea.

Understandable if you don't want to try making a tea again because of that failed attempt...but tea definitely works!, it's actually my preferred way of taking mushrooms these days. Next time you have a bit of truffles/mushrooms on hand give it another go. Chop/Break up the truffles/mushrooms, squirt/soak them in a bit of lemon juice while you bring the pot of water up to a simmer/boil, once the water is simmering/boiling then toss in the truffles/mushrooms and turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot...Let it sit and brew for at least 15 to 20 minutes (or longer if you want), giving it an occasional stir.

Then when you filter off the truffle/mushroom material, give it a good squeeze to get out all of the remaining liquid & goods.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: openmind]
    #25032150 - 03/01/18 03:21 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Could be your boiling technique. I recommend eating them raw on an empty stomach and see what happens.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25032168 - 03/01/18 03:28 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SpiralsAhead said:
...Also, if you want advice on how to deal with nausea, don't eat for at least 4 hours before you drink your tea.

I suppose it depends on the person...

....but personally, taking mushrooms on a mostly empty stomach will give me more nausea and potential for puking than if I had a little bit of food in my stomach. Having a little bit of food in my stomach definitely helps at keeping nausea down. (With that said, mushrooms rarely ever give me stomach issues, I've only puked once from mushrooms out of the 10+ years I've been working with them)

And this is in regards to basically everything...morning glory tea, cactus tea, raw mushrooms or mushroom tea, syrian rue tea, etc etc.....having a bit of food in my tummy before I eat or drink those things helps keep nausea down for me.

I'm not talking about eating a large meal or eating right before dosing...but rather just having some fruit, or a few pieces of toast w/ honey or jelly, or a small sandwich, or a little bit of soup...within 2 hours before I plan on dosing. That's just me though.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25032186 - 03/01/18 03:33 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

They were dried and then chopped in a blender to a coarse powder. Weird that 0.2g in straight had effect whereas 5g didn't in a tea. The previous tea I had when I tripped was wet truffle and I ate the bits (uggh).

I think the rest I have is about 2 teaspoons worth, around 5g. Will just lob that on my mouth and wash it down with OJ next week. Ginger pre and post.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Broken1] * 1
    #25032269 - 03/01/18 04:15 PM (6 years, 29 days ago)

5g of truffles is a tiny dose, even when dried. 30g fresh is kind of a big dose.

They do dry differently than mushrooms, so you cannot say 5g dry equal 50g fresh.

Many people report bunk experiences when it comes to truffle tea. Maybe they are just meant to be eaten..

-

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25032683 - 03/02/18 02:54 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Bunk truffle tea is common?

How intriguing. Maybe they just dont do well in a hot water bath in terms of infusion :shrug:

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25032693 - 03/02/18 03:20 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Many people report bunk experiences when it comes to truffle tea. Maybe they are just meant to be eaten..

-

That's interesting. I had great experiences eating them wet but the tea has always had less umph than expected. Like I say last night I could feel the effects of 0.2g straight.. I mean I had been putting that in my coffee up to about 1g without effects either (I didn't eat the bits then either).

Perhaps once dried the psilocybin get stuck more easily and aren't as easily soluble as mushrooms... they are 70% water whereas shrooms are 90% water when wet. So perhaps that means they hold on to the good stuff more. I had one great experience with truffle tea but I ate the pieces. Strange

OfflineSpiralsAhead
    #25032853 - 03/02/18 06:51 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
They were dried and then chopped in a blender to a coarse powder. Weird that 0.2g in straight had effect whereas 5g didn't in a tea. The previous tea I had when I tripped was wet truffle and I ate the bits (uggh).

I think the rest I have is about 2 teaspoons worth, around 5g. Will just lob that on my mouth and wash it down with OJ next week. Ginger pre and post.

I suggest lemmon tek. The lemmon will only help

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25032969 - 03/02/18 08:10 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Tried lemon. It made it taste a lot worse but did up the effect a little. The best thing for now is to eat it dry.. might get some capsules as I am microdosing. Wasted a lot thinking it wasn't working by putting it in my coffee and getting no effect (because I didn't eat the bits!). I guess it makes sense as mushrooms are more water when wet so I guess they release the good stuff more easily and truffles are more dense and better eaten rather than making tea... seems it's not too uncommon

OfflinePsiloPutty
Stranger

#25033056 - 03/02/18 09:02 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

In my experience, turning dried mushrooms into powder in a coffee grinder, letting it sit in lemon juice for 20 minutes and then downing it is the best way to get the most out of my mushrooms. Given the same dose, tea and capsulizing them never had the same effects on me.

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: PsiloPutty]
    #25033084 - 03/02/18 09:18 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Hmm interesting. So then add the lemon juice to OJ or something and down the whole drink without heating? Or just down lemon juice alone?

Offlineshmitzel shpakel
phantom
Loc: Flag
    #25033738 - 03/02/18 01:56 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

both times i tried tea they had no effects for me 5g both times.shrooms where potent so it wasent a case of weak mushrooms

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: shmitzel shpakel]
    #25034096 - 03/02/18 04:52 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

shmitzel shpakel said:
both times i tried tea they had no effects for me 5g both times.shrooms where potent so it wasent a case of weak mushrooms

That's weird. I think a highly important point that I missed (and maybe you did) is to heat the water to boiling then take it off the heat. Not to continue boiling with the shrooms/truffles in..

Regardless I microdosed 0.2g earlier of the same batch and felt the effect of it... so it's either too high a temp that broke down the psilocybin or the fact I didn't eat the chunks (and if you have to do that why bother with the yea in the first place?)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #25034155 - 03/02/18 05:24 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

tea is how you get the most out of weak shrooms. boil shrooms for 5-10m. you don't need to eat the shrooms just drink the tea. tea usually makes for a balls to the wall experience.

OfflineSighLowSighBeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25034674 - 03/02/18 08:48 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

I haven't noticed even a slight decrease in intensity between teas and eating.  Of course measuring that with ms batches is impossible.

However I've done it many times both ways.

I grind mine to a powder. Add it to water with an oz or so of lemon juice. Simmer in a fine nylon mesh bag.  It comes to a rolling boil occasionally but I try to keep it just barely bubbling.  I let it go for a half hour.  Pour that off.  Do another run with the bagged mush.  Pour off.  Then rinse in cold water to get whatever I can.  I pour all that into a cup, cool, and chug.  Usually about 12-14oz worth.  I try to go with a lower amount when I can but sometimes I just use too much rinse water.

You better get ready with this method.  With this way I start to come up within 15 minutes and at an hour I have open eye visuals.

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: SighLowSighBeen]
    #25034787 - 03/02/18 09:39 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

I've never heard of someone straight up boiling the shrooms.  You're supposed to get the water boiling (like JUST STARTED boiling) and then remove it from heat.  Then you add the shrooms, and let them steep for a while.  Some say 10 minutes is sufficient, but I let em steep for 30 to be safe.  Supposedly temperatures over 200 degress F will ruin psilocybin, though this debated.  But I am willing to bet boiling the shrooms was your issue.  A rolling boil means contacts with the sides, and the hot metal could have burned the mushroom particles in the water, completely wrecking their potency.  This is just a guess though.  I would try making tea the correct way and give it a shot, then make a conclusion.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Astark]
    #25035371 - 03/03/18 07:25 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them...

Only noobs worried about potency Don't boil. You can deep fry shrooms in hot oil and they still work, put them on pizza in the oven still work, even putting them in a jar and pressure cooking then for two hours doesn't remove their potency.

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25035474 - 03/03/18 08:24 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them...

Only noobs worried about potency Don't boil. You can deep fry shrooms in hot oil and they still work, put them on pizza in the oven still work, even putting them in a jar and pressure cooking then for two hours doesn't remove their potency.

And just chuck the bits away once boiled? Cos that's what I did with 5g and it did nothing at all. 0.2g microdose of the same batch yday had a definite effect and afterglow I still feel today... so odd. Think swallowing 5g will be less disgusting than a whole cup of tea from now on anyway

OfflineAstark
Stranger
    #25035698 - 03/03/18 10:34 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

And just chuck the bits away once boiled? Cos that's what I did with 5g and it did nothing at all. 0.2g microdose of the same batch yday had a definite effect and afterglow I still feel today... so odd. Think swallowing 5g will be less disgusting than a whole cup of tea from now on anyway

Strain and squeeze any moisture out of the leftover bits, then throw them away.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25036199 - 03/03/18 02:55 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them.....

I never boil my mushrooms when making tea and it's never been an issue for me :shrug: , my teas turn out just dandy. Boiling/cooking the mushrooms like that will result in more of a mushroom "broth" rather than a tea.

It can be done that way, but brewing the mushrooms in boiling water isn't required, the alkaloids are already pretty soluble in water as it is. I don't think there's a big difference in the solubility of the alkaloids between 180 degree water and 212 degree water.

A full on rolling boil for a short while probably won't breakdown the alkaloids much or at all....but the two times I did let my brew boil, it "cooked" the mushrooms in the water and basically made it into more like a mushroom "broth" rather than a mushroom tea, it had a much stronger/funky taste and it was a bit rough on the stomach.

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules