Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: SighLowSighBeen]
    #25034787 - 03/02/18 11:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've never heard of someone straight up boiling the shrooms.  You're supposed to get the water boiling (like JUST STARTED boiling) and then remove it from heat.  Then you add the shrooms, and let them steep for a while.  Some say 10 minutes is sufficient, but I let em steep for 30 to be safe.  Supposedly temperatures over 200 degress F will ruin psilocybin, though this debated.  But I am willing to bet boiling the shrooms was your issue.  A rolling boil means contacts with the sides, and the hot metal could have burned the mushroom particles in the water, completely wrecking their potency.  This is just a guess though.  I would try making tea the correct way and give it a shot, then make a conclusion.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Astark]
    #25035371 - 03/03/18 09:25 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them...

Only noobs worried about potency Don't boil. You can deep fry shrooms in hot oil and they still work, put them on pizza in the oven still work, even putting them in a jar and pressure cooking then for two hours doesn't remove their potency.

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25035474 - 03/03/18 10:24 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them...

Only noobs worried about potency Don't boil. You can deep fry shrooms in hot oil and they still work, put them on pizza in the oven still work, even putting them in a jar and pressure cooking then for two hours doesn't remove their potency.

And just chuck the bits away once boiled? Cos that's what I did with 5g and it did nothing at all. 0.2g microdose of the same batch yday had a definite effect and afterglow I still feel today... so odd. Think swallowing 5g will be less disgusting than a whole cup of tea from now on anyway

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: Broken1]
    #25035698 - 03/03/18 12:34 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Broken1 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

And just chuck the bits away once boiled? Cos that's what I did with 5g and it did nothing at all. 0.2g microdose of the same batch yday had a definite effect and afterglow I still feel today... so odd. Think swallowing 5g will be less disgusting than a whole cup of tea from now on anyway

Strain and squeeze any moisture out of the leftover bits, then throw them away.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone bad experience with tea being very weak? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25036199 - 03/03/18 04:55 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Not boiling them is an issue. You want to get the goods into the water so you boil them.....

I never boil my mushrooms when making tea and it's never been an issue for me :shrug: , my teas turn out just dandy. Boiling/cooking the mushrooms like that will result in more of a mushroom "broth" rather than a tea.

It can be done that way, but brewing the mushrooms in boiling water isn't required, the alkaloids are already pretty soluble in water as it is. I don't think there's a big difference in the solubility of the alkaloids between 180 degree water and 212 degree water.

A full on rolling boil for a short while probably won't breakdown the alkaloids much or at all....but the two times I did let my brew boil, it "cooked" the mushrooms in the water and basically made it into more like a mushroom "broth" rather than a mushroom tea, it had a much stronger/funky taste and it was a bit rough on the stomach.

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience