Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #944335 - 10/09/02 12:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You asked him if he wasn't the guy who argued with you about the alcohol swabs on some other forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: ]
    #945038 - 10/09/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with the pot smoking... if you're taking a strong dose of shrooms/lsd, then don't smoke any pot (until after the peak).

As I said before, writing yourself a little note can be very helpful. Write down what time you dosed, when the peak should start and end, and when all effect should be gone -- and make sure you have a watch. Also in your note tell yourself that everything is fine, not to panic, and that you allocated enough time to take this drug.

I'm pretty sure that you can sort of "program" your trip by writing a note like this.

If you still get panicked -- remember to breathe. Take long, deep breaths. Tell yourself that everything is fine, and that the effects of the drug will end soon.

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Hypnotic]
    #945558 - 10/09/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Some people confuse the terms. Bad trip=Demon faces, gore, etc..... Natural occuring strong trip with wierdness, maybe. That's what gets me. The time issue=not a bad trip. Thought cycles/loops=not a bad trip. I've experienced DEEP wierdness to the point of all rationality exploding and my inability too cope with that which makes it an unpleasant trip, not a bad one.

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #945749 - 10/09/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I love when everything goes to shit during a trip. That's when the fun really begins because then you have no control of what the fuck is going on!

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#946106 - 10/09/02 03:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The worst drug experience I've ever had (mentally I mean, not physically) was one time, back in the day when I had just started smoking weed, when I had smoked some really good stuff, began feeling weird circulation and heartbeat stuff, then some pain, and ended up convinced I was having a heart attack. This went on for about an hour until I began to come down and finally realized I was fine.

After that, weed never tricked me again, and so far, I haven't had a bad trip because I am always able to remember "it's just the drug making you think something is wrong, I know this drug is safe and nothing is wrong".

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #946158 - 10/09/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

dude, trips that turn into horrible thought loops that you cant get out of are BAD fuckin trips
you are convinced you are in some sort of hell, and you will be lost in the thought spiral for eternity..
i think thats just as frightening as any demon face

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Grav]
    #948671 - 10/10/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Bad" trips can be extremely stressful and frightening.

It can be extremely difficult to convince yourself that everything is fine when you mind is worried that something is terribly wrong.

It tends to be that you do discover insights from "bad" trips, and remember, every experience is a learning experience.

You have to accept the bad with the good, and make the best out of it.

Learn from the experience, and next time dose a little lighter... work your way back up.

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Tempanensis]
    #948965 - 10/10/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I too agree that they are emotionally draining and down right scary most of the time. Somethings i try do if im sensing a bad trip or getting that "weird" feeling is of course tell myself its a drug and till wear off soon, which helps alot. I also take the time to analyze everything thats happening. It sort of in a way for me diverts my attention and makes me forget about the bad. Once one of my friends face did the "demon face" thing and it freaked me out at first. Then i just thought, well why is that scary? Is it because its not something i see normally. Is it because people dont physically look like that so it frightens me to see something different. Doing stuff like that helps me feel better.

--------------------
...remember...

Offlinedjurg
Lurker King

Loc: Canada,Quebec,Montreal
    #951724 - 10/11/02 02:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately i never halucinated yet, but had a lot of mind bad trip and to tell you the truth i really enjoy bad tripping.

When you are bad tripping you never know whats going to happen, you cant predict how you will react, and thats what makes a trip to be good.

Well thats only my opinion, but i am sure you will start to think the same way with the time.

My best Bad trip happened when i was on vacation this summer, 7 of my friends and me rent a shack for a week. The night of my bad trip i eated 8 shroomz pill(i dont know how much shroomz it makes, but the trip was great).I smoked 2 or 3 joint before it kicks in and while we were listening to music for almost no reason at all i started crying. I wa thinking about that girl that i have a crush on for about 5 years now and how i decided to never see her again to help e forget her. but it wasnt that easy. I did cry for about 1 hour.

Un fortunately i havent been able to forget her but one thing sure is that this was a trip ill never forget.

--------------------
Did God created humans or humans created God ?
Only God knows
So no one knows
Cause there's no God.

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: djurg]
    #955672 - 10/12/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You and your friends sound extremely un-experienced.
Disrespect psychoactives and they will rape rape your dumbass.
I suggest you trip ALONE for the first couple of trips to find your boundaries.
You will soon discover that good trips are related to the environment and the company you keep. Smokin is not necessary.

But I'm just some person posting on a bulletin board...what do I know...

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

OfflineSlowpoke
Stranger
    #955767 - 10/12/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

most only have bad trips if they drink occasionally. Your vervous system was abused from something.

InvisibleBirdseye
donald
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Slowpoke]
    #962848 - 10/15/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm kind of wondering why more people haven't commented on his frequency of tripping. I personally think 1 month is necessary to fully integrate a trip, especially strong ones. Sometimes even more is necessary.

I've tripped like 5 times in a week before, it's not nearly as rewarding as spreading those 5 trips out...not to mention that I think you do need time to let your system recover from the trip-it IS exhausting.

Give yourself time to ponder what happened during the experience, what to do next time, etc. Half of tripping, if not more than half, is then analyzing consensus reality when you return to it. Looking at things in a new way and wondering...

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Birdseye]
    #989945 - 10/24/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i dunno why but i seem to have a really disproprtianate number of bad trips. ive only tripped like 8 times, and about 4 have been bad. my first ever trip i was like 10 and ate my brothers stash not even knowing what it was.. tried smoking some too. anyways nothing happend (i thought) and i went to bed like a half hour later.. anyways you can imagine how bad it was top wake up and look at my reflection in the window, saw some complketely alien face, my thoughts were bubbles and crazy pictures that i could see. some voice kept telling me to do wierd trhings (not bad or evil.. just wierd, like walk to the hallway or check the time) needless to say i was flipping out, and like all my bad trips i fell into the spiral of doing mndane things to try and calm down/hold ontu myself. i was pettig my cat thinking it was looking at me, suddenly it turned its head and was looking at me.. y'know like it had a face on both sides. i started reading some bullshit cop humour book and my hands were dripping gigantic drops of blood. ran into the hall and stuck my head in my sisters room to check the time.. etc. but im really glad i had this trip cuz nothing can compare to the experience of amush trip you had no idea you would be on, like you hav no explanation for the wierdness, even after all this started i never made the connection to my brothers stash. another time i was so pumped to trip and had three grams. i decked my room in trippy shit and started to trip out, all was well for a while but eventually i got sick of the room, but was to scared to leave it, and i kept saying to myself, i ahve to go outside im wasting my trip all be ok if i get out of this room... ten minbuites later still in the room. i tryed to meditate to calm down.. not a good plan. everytime i closed my eyes my dad would jump out at me.. tried to go to sleep and 'wake up ok' also bad idea, and started to get even worse. finallky i ran out of the room.. and made it to the computer, the bane of my mushroom life. wasted so much time just clicking around doing nothing, finally i sent an email to my bro, said something like 'just trying to find something to hold ontu now' and 'the mushrooms have gone bad' over and over again. anyways thats more or less how i shitted away the trip.. six fucking hours of that shit! ive also had an equal number of trips on the complete opposite end of the spectrum,amazing life altering wonderfull beyond description. the best and worst times of my life, respectively. anyways on my last bad trip i managed to turn it around and it became all the better for the fact, because i realised theres no reason to worry about it, and that you can turn them around. nevertheless dont tell people 'its all in your head' or 'just think happy thooughts and youll be fine' because when your in one of those trips its not always possible, and when you have a thought like 'just turn it around' u start to feel panicky and futile because you cant. besides arent all mush trips 'just in your head'? doesnt make them any less amazing or less horrifying. hell you could argue everything is 'just in your head' seeing as reality as you know it is just the input of your senses interpreted by your brain.. both of which are horribly inadequate as far as understanding the universe/reality goes. wow , that post was alot longer than i expected. cant even remember the original topic :grin: 

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #1462472 - 04/15/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

As for everyone saying not to mix Weed with Acid or Shrooms. I totally disagree, I feel like its a waste if I trip without weed or at least some alcohol. I love to smoke a couple bowls just as Im starting to peak. It kicks the visuals into some serious fractalization. Alcohol makes the visuals more smooth and mellow. Like I often get underwater hallucinations with a few beers or so. I have only tripped maybe twice without weed and it was enjoyable, but almost a bad trip because I was focusing on wishing I had some weed to make it better.

The closest I can remember to having a bad trip was one time when we went to a park to drop some acid. First negative thing that happened is my girlfriend started acting weird and layed down in the backseat in a fetal position for about an hour. She would't respond to anyone, and that was kinda scary cuz we're all trippin and wondering what the fuck we should do. But being on a trip we ended up focusing on the stars and stuff and relaxed. Next thing you know she comes out of the car like everything is great and wants to drop a couple more hits. So this cracked us all up and we dropped some more acid and passed a few bowls around.

Maybe 2 hours later we decide its time to leave so Im the one voted to drive. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get the fuck out of the park. I kept driving over crap and running into bushes. Finally I realized that if I stare at this light I can find the way out and somehow that worked. So now Im on the road and I realize Im just too fucked up to drive. I tell my girlfriend that she's gonna have to do it and she's like "whatever" and called me a pussy but we we were playing around. Problem now is I can't figure out where the side of the road is to pull over. Everywhere I look it seems like the road extends infinitely even tho I can see there are trees passed the road at the same time. I decide that maybe this is the side of the road and I park and get out. Well at this point reality seeps back in a little and I realize I am fucking parked diagonally in the middle of the road. Then some hick dudes in a big ass pickup truck stop and their like "Hey where's the party" and I'm like "in my head" or something stupid like that. But I was kinda scared of them. They drove off though. Then my girlfriend manages to drive us all home without any problems which totally blew my mind considering I couldn't make sense of almost anything. Afterwards we went downstairs and played super mario brothers for a few hours until the shit wore off enough where we could pass out.

Actually that wasn't even a bad trip. Over all it kicked ass.

Edited by Buddrow (04/15/03 11:40 PM)

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Calimero]
    #1470742 - 04/18/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Whenever I start to get sketchy when i'm tripping (i.e. paranoia, bad thoughts, whatever) I always think "it's just my thoughts that are making me upset, and they are coming from my own head, so I am going to control them and make myself feel better".  I repeat that a couple of times like a mantra while I'm meditating and I feel much better. Of course, if that doesn't work, then just think about how much trouble you are gonna be in, how mad your parents are gonna be, how your friends are all gonna die, how you are gonna die, how bad you feel, and then focus on the fact that maybe the shrooms were infected with bad bacteria, or maybe they were some amanita that is poisonous.  that should help :smile: 

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3130206 - 09/13/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Don't fuck bad trips.
They may not be good while you are in them but the most insights come from them. Don't get me wrong, you can learn alot on a trip where everything dissolves into unity, but you are much more likely to learn from a trip where something is on the line. The way it normally happens is that people think they have killed themselves or eaten too much or bad shrooms that will kill them. Then, the fear kicks in, and that gets you even higher, and the intense trip scenario plays out. Since the person is usually inexperienced in usage they interpret it as a bad trip. I know how it is to be caught in the depths of a psychdelic hell that I helped invent. It is the fucking pits, but you must remember that you will come out on the other end. I wouldn't consider my most powerful trips bad trips, I would say they are fucking intense. If you can't handle intensity then stay away from large doses. That is all that is up there in the 5+gram range. There is no problem with low dose, its just what I think you would probably prefer if you say fuck bad trips. Bad/Intense trips are where the true power of the mushroom resides.

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery
Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Calimero]
    #3131239 - 09/13/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

bad trips usually start for me after i see all these beautiful things then i imagine the "real" world and it deeply saddens me

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: mecreateme]
    #3131965 - 09/13/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah some of my best trips have been the ones that freaked me out the most, the more intense the better. Ya just have to go with the flow and and ride it out.

--------------------

Offlinectaf420
infectedmushroom

Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4793945 - 10/12/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i hate bad trips and my advice dont smoke weed when your already having a bad trip that jus makes everything go to hellll.....

Offlinesuperbob57
The Hobbit from the Shire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Fuck bad trips man.... [Re: ctaf420]
    #4794024 - 10/12/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

this is true weed doesnt make it better just makes things more intense!!! :eek:

--------------------
If I run full blast, I'll never get tired and If I slow down I get stuck, so I opened my mind and let the wild things in and there not going away but getting stronger, day by day, I will find the source of all things it's only a matter of time and I will be one with the universe once again my friends...I will never find the end but the start of a new begining...-J.R.S.A Man Of Experiences:lsdabc:...IV:syringe: 4-aco-DMT "Where Fools Rush In, and Angels Fear To Tread..." NN-DMT Pure Magic Wizard Dust!:wizard:
folio]http://www.redbubble.com/people/khaotehk/portfolio[/url]
https://youtu.be/C1_YHJDRgqE
:chesire: I miss you, I love you my Angel Aimee Renee Orme March 14th 2020. Always and Forever will are Love will go on, Forever & Always are Etched on my Heart. ❤

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria