Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
unconditional love
    #2469428 - 03/24/04 10:00 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

i had a situation happen today that made me ponder this important idea.  Why is it that many of us don't unconditionally love each other?  by unconditional I mean NO conditions appplied.  you just accept t he person for who they are.  No instead we have an idea that we have to make others love us. we have to do things in order for others to accept your being alive. this completely undermines any aspect of love in the first place, that is, putting conditions on it.

why can't love be free to roam as it pleases, not confined to conditions?. we lose a big portion of happiness when you try to manipulate the world around you just to gain acceptence from others, when in fact, acceptence is just an idea.  I'm not saying it's bad or wrong, but as reality has shown me time and again, and even through many songs :wink: "you can't always get what you want..."  Life will give you a little, and take a little.  it'll never conform to exactly the way things can happen.  that's why I see manipulation as fruitless.

i try to talk what a feel out but many try to distance ourselves from others, why?  why not be honest with yourself and with others?  what...do we have something to hide?  I think many of us have felt the same type of emotions in one form or another..and we have had many of the same desires.  couldn't we all benefit from one another by sharing thir view of the experience, and hav the open mind to listen. 

to walk in someone elses shoes for a day and realize behind many of our actions, we are all trying to get to the same place. 

much love

:heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: unconditional love [Re: kaiowas]
    #2469470 - 03/24/04 10:07 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

See what happens if you don't actively try to attract people to you and get them to accept you by manipulation. The people don't come flocking.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: unconditional love [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2469591 - 03/24/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

You'd be suprised...

But, this is a real idealistic approach to life put forward by Mr. Kaiowas. It is very peaceful and I feel at times very close to it's core message of unity and unconditional acceptance.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2472481 - 03/25/04 08:55 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Once it is realized that at our core, all beings are the same (desiring happiness and wishing to avoid suffering), it is easy to have unconditional love. We can then see that personalities are just on the surface, created through experiences and things we've been told and have thought. When we know this, unconditional love comes naturally. Also, people are constantly changing. Unfortunately, most of us do not know this, and we are obsessed with looking at people through our past interactions with them and we are unable to see through their personalities to their inner light. It's very difficult these days, when every second we are being told that we are not perfect and we need to be.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2473714 - 03/25/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I unconditionally love someone, until they fuck me over.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: unconditional love [Re: NariusFractal]
    #2473727 - 03/25/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Is it too much to say that unconditional love is really common sense?  what I mean by common sense, is that any idea that is acceptable without really needing proof to back it up.  for instance...it is common sense not to put your hand on the stove while it's cooking :wink:.
I know it's only my point of view, but to me it's like why not?

why not love people unconditionally, including yourself!

think about that for a second.  If you are deppressed and you don't like what you are doing in this "life" stop for a second and just accept yourself the way you are, right now.  though you're personality may have some difficulties here and there, we experience the same things.  sure I suffered one way that not many could ever truley grasp, but the same can be said for everyone else's suffering here!  The thing is we all suffer; deep down inside we all experince the same thing at it's core level.

accept what you are doing in your life right now, as I know I am trying to accept what is happening to me right now. the best part, is the ego can relax then and just go with the flow of things.

I remember on a mushroom trip, it was like my 4th time doing it, and I was having a bad time. the next trip wa the same way.  I realized after a couple of more times, that I was really judging myself and the world around me too harshly.  the shrooms just amplified that and I saw my emotions for what the realy were. 

how are we ever supposed to really get to the core of being continuously happy if we don't love and accept ourselves, the people, and the world around us?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: unconditional love [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2473754 - 03/25/04 04:36 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

"I unconditionally love someone, until they fuck me over."

you couldn't accept the person for who there are? we've all been fucked over, and no matter at what level, most of us have fucked others over too. that is, walked over them for our own gain. Even if it is at the most fucked up level, most people do things so that they benefit.

now you may say, what about those that steal and murder? I'm not saying you have the LIKE people, just accept them for who they are. EVen if t hey did screw you over, don't let your peace of mind be interrupted because a person has a really bad idea of ways to get happiness.

A person who does drugs a lotcan become a junkie quick. they weren't a bad person to start out. yes they are responsible for their actions, but at the core, they only take the drugs because it makes them happy.

to really just accept a person, is to not get negative emotions involved. many of us are way too quick to judge when at our core, we want the same thing

--------------------

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2473778 - 03/25/04 04:47 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Because some types of people i just don't fucking like. I dont care if i was in there shoes or whatever or any of that. I just dont like them , even if i think of, would i like it if they did that to me? No , but i dont care because it's NOT me.

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

#2473786 - 03/25/04 04:48 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I disagree. There are basic guidelines for how to treat another human being. Respect cannot be a one-way street, or you'll get fucked over constantly.

To love another unconditionally doesn't imply you cannot disapprove of the way they conduct themselves. I won't stop unconditionally loving someone if they lie to me, or if they steal from me (they should ask and be given, tho), but if they spread lies about ME personally behind my back, I'll think twice before trusting them again.

Love = composed of trust and oterh factors.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2473791 - 03/25/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

If i did not respect a person , how would i get fucked over constantly?

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Re: unconditional love [Re: Gorian]
    #2473865 - 03/25/04 05:24 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Okay, perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant, if you respect a person and it isn't mutual, they have potential for abuse, leading to unwanted side effects for you personally.

--------------------

- Aristotle

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2474171 - 03/25/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

What does unconditional love cost? What creates it? Does a heroin addict have the same feeling for his drug?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2474177 - 03/25/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Kaiowas, I agree with you to an extent.. just let me change the word "love" to "respect" and I think you have a good idea going!

I don't like the idea of "loving" everything. I remember once reading the Satanic Bible and there was a quote about love.. it went:

"You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character and quality."

Now while I know the Satanic Bible isn't the best place to get spiritual advice (this 'bible' is written from the head of one deluded man), that seemed like a good quote to throw in a thread about loving the world unconditionally. :tongue:

So like I said before, I can -respect- that everyone is out for the same thing as me (and thus, see their actions in an unbiased [for my own good] manner), but I simply won't love everyone. Love is a powerful emotion and I like to reserve it for those deserving it in my personal life. :wink:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: unconditional love [Re: lukeboots]
    #2477371 - 03/26/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

why does the word love need to be watered down with the word respect.

to accept a person as they are, encompassess respect. sure love is powerful emotion, but is keeping you from jsut plain accepting another person. if you can see deep down that they are just trying to make themselves happy, then it's easy to identify with them. WE have beome a very cold society. I know I've been wronged before, as welll as I know everyone else here has

if you accept the person for who they are, the will rarely interrupt you peace of mind. you don't eve nhave to be concerned with them, jsut accept. this is all for peace of mind for the self.

"No , but i dont care because it's NOT me"

this is a good quesiton to ponder. What ARE you?? what is essentially you. I'm going out on a limb to say that your essential nature is not your personality, nor you mind nor body. these things you think you are change as external reality changes, and so thye are not your essence.

it really isn't about like and dislike weith poeple or else you're gonna get mad a lot. life is not going to conform people to the your version of the way people should act, and so you will be angry or frustrated a lot because your demand of the way things should be cause you to get upset when not realized. if you keep indetifying with the personality, it's hard to find peace with youreslf and the world around you. I'm not saying you have to disown being right or wrong, that's the not point, jsut acceptance.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies