Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

Loc: point no point
We know everything's fucked,
    #2331640 - 02/13/04 04:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

.. so now what do we do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: We know everything's fucked, [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2331644 - 02/13/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Die.  :lol:

Sit on our collective asses and wait for 2012.  :lol:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2331656 - 02/13/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking of hoarding snack foods. But seriously, I guess I'm just bored of people coming up with super intelligent hyper-clever ways of telling other people that the world is fucked up and we need to get over greed and all that.

I've reacted to everything being fucked with anger and frustration in the past but now I'm just looking out for number 1. Not that I'm screwing over other people, but all I care to do now is secure my own happiness and sanity. No more rallying down town with signs and speaking out against whatever. I'm just working on myself, building skills, staying focused.. that kind of thing. I think this is the way to conduct yourself.

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

Re: We know everything's fucked, [Re: Frog]
    #2331665 - 02/13/04 04:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, I don't know, you're probably joking, but that whole 2012 stuff.. I used to be into it back in the day, but there's really no solid proof that its prophecies are going to fix or even change anything drastically. I think those with intense frustration about things are more likely to hope for deliverance in 2012. Intellectually I can understand that it really doesn't matter if we wipe ourselves out by pulling the environment out from underneath us so I'm not worrying about it. Of course when it becomes a problem, I'll be like "oh shit." But I'm just going with the "it's all good" mode right now.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2331675 - 02/13/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Same here. I don't know if it's true or not, the whole 2012 thing. I'm living my life as if 2012 ain't going to happen, but if it happens, I'm ready, whatever "ready" means.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2331679 - 02/13/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

to me ready means willingness to deal with shit later

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2331690 - 02/13/04 04:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm ready bro!!!! 

um...what are we doing again??? 

:spliff:

oh yeah shit's fucked up

that's an opinion of yours.  and um... :spliff: that's kinda vague, would you care to expand on this?  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

Re: We know everything's fucked, [Re: kaiowas]
    #2331708 - 02/13/04 04:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What I mean about everything being fucked is that we work our asses off at stressful crappy jobs we hate so that we don't have to work "later." when we could just stop working now. And I don't mean stopping altogether, but there are all kinds of ways you can survive in a very relaxed way without working very much and having lots of free time. That kinda thing.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2331716 - 02/13/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Personally, I love my job and I would do it for the rest of my life, for free, if someone would just support my sorry ass.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2331719 - 02/13/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

strange.. very strange.. good for you

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2331726 - 02/13/04 04:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Furthermore, I believe if we each worked at jobs that we were "called" to do, we wouldn't be unhappy working at them.

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2331730 - 02/13/04 04:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Consider yourself very lucky to be good at what you like and to be able to do it without having to work for someone else. If someone would support me, I'd never, ever do my job again.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: We know everything's fucked, [Re: Renegade8]
    #2331740 - 02/13/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think it's "luck". I think it's paying attention to what you are good at and then working towards that goal. I didn't just "fall" into it.

--------------------

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2331741 - 02/13/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Frog, that statement is the same as

"if only we all did jobs that made us feel happy, then we'd be happy."

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

#2331744 - 02/13/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What if you hate what you're good at?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2331747 - 02/13/04 05:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not everyone pays attention to what they would be good at, so that when they go to get a job, they are happy to do it.

I worked very hard to be able to work at what I do. I am also, after the fact, good at it.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: We know everything's fucked, [Re: Renegade8]
    #2331761 - 02/13/04 05:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Renegade420 said:
What if you hate what you're good at?

There is a niche for each of us. If you love what you do as "work", but you hate where or how you currently do it, then something is wrong.

Personally, I would find a different work environment, or I would figure out how to work for myself, or I would look into whether there was a variation on the kind of work at which I'd be happier performing.

I know more than a few people who work (play) at jobs that they feel they were "called" to do. I'm not the only one.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2331763 - 02/13/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i see what your saying man.  especially since our economy is fake anywa. heh, money doesn't represent what it's supposed to represent  :frown:.

yeah we could all stop for jsut a second and realize WHAT it is we are working for....

could it be for ourselves, or can it ever be for each other?

yes, what if we all took one huge deep breath and look around and appreciate everything that is there for us, including each other.

ah but to do that one must love and appreciate your self first! this means appreciating the perspective you have on things, and that you have the ability to do this.  to be aware as we are is a gift in itselt IMHO.

so what would have to happen?

well we would need to see maybe first and formost, if money is seen as pointless.  till then a mass amount of people won't quit their jobs.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

#2331770 - 02/13/04 05:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No, I flat out hate what I'm good at. I'm an accountant, for fuck's sake! Who ever says "I want to grow up to be an accountant?"

If I was younger and had no bills to worry about, I'd try to start up a business, but I'd have to wait it out 'til I got a client base. I've gotten way too attached to having food & weed to be able to go without pay.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2331773 - 02/13/04 05:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
There is a niche for each of us.

I like smoking good sativa, eating freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (with milk) and watching The Three Stooges and/or Monty Python...

How much per hour can I make?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom