Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Learning Some Stuff...
    #2278152 - 01/27/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Its strange, because of all the times that I was in a good mood and set out to continue this over all of my future days, to keep a fire of energy going that keeps me focused and not on my ass, sitting in the dark and rotting in negativity, it seems that I have finally done so.

I don't even remember what the turning point was, what caused it... all I know is how I now have been managing myself. How I have been keeping myself occupied with all the different areas of interest I have always meant to be working on... different aspects of music (theory and synth, my own bass playing, writing), working on learning Norwegian, keeping my ass working on exercising and my posture, getting back into reading and posting here (well, always been reading, but not with much focus)... the list goes on and on, and I have been doing all of this and more every day and feeling good about it...

Anyways, this isn't about me ranting about myself. Or even about the mental battles and how it is important to live in the moment and gaining the ability to direct focus... its all a registered fact in my head and doesn't need further questioning.

We have these perspectives. And we have this consciousness. We are able to focus on things and use that to whatever end we want... We decide how much of reality we want to experience. The more limits you put on your mind, the more questions you give an answer to with nothing towards it, the more you seperate yourself from reality....

Its like "What causes snow to fall?", and you tell yourself "Oh, snow is caused by God throwing it from the sky". No more questioning. Your mind has figured out that end of the program and you carry on....

Well, God doesn't throw snow down. There are all sorts of variables that account for snow... since "God throwing snow down from the sky" isn't actually what is happening, then your worldview is that much more seperated from reality... the snow example doesn't really live up to my expecations, because one could continue to live with that assumption....

But anyways. Nothing new, right? You can't just make blind assumptions and shit.. you can, but it will end up biting your ass sooner or later. You can't just say "God is going to protect me from my enemies", when the fucking British come over the hill, you are fucked.

The order has always been there, we have only been discovering it. I don't know about anyone else, but everytime I figure something out, like steer my thoughts in some direction, I always find that the concept falls right into place, no difficult straining of my mind or anything. And it doesn't feel like I just learned something new, it always feels as if I once knew it and simply forgot about it.

So, basically, the more variables we take into account, the more understanding we have of what this is; we will be able to continue this evolution, this path of rediscovering what this is all about and what is to come...

We think in boxes, and the more we limit the way we think about things, the less we bring into our equation, the more seperated we are from reality. You can tell yourself that there IS a pot of real gold at the rainbow... but it isn't going to hold up.

You know those businessmen that grow up poor and develop a strive to get to the top, and they reap their benefits, and then their kids who have had it all grow up the way they do? Pretty damn near disconnected from reality because they have never taken the tests?

Well, that's ignorance. You grow up in a system that supports you and you aren't going to be able to just automatically know what it is all about... you are going to have to do a lot of reprogramming and perspective changing if you are going to be able to find the hidden encapsulation we are binded in...

Like how some people who have had a traumatic experience or something, they are depressed all the time, and it is really hard for them to move on, to stop thinking through that perspective.. for others who are capable of keeping a damn near consistent positive mindset, its like "what is keeping you down". Our different experiences act as lenses that we view the world through..

The ability to conceptualize... fuckin' damn! Where did this fucking come from? We are blessed with the ability to piece together the knowledge of the Universe. To consciously understand life itself... We gotta keep on keeping on, and we can't close ourself off from the potential... there are unaccounted-for variables everywhere, and we can't decide to finish putting the puzzle together before all the pieces are there.  :lol:
Peace.
Now...
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/27/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Learning Some Stuff... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2278191 - 01/27/04 03:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Unknown variables defines the state of ignorance I suppose, unless it is 'ignoring' the fact that all variables are not known.

Therefor anything we think we know may be an illusion...including what I think you just said.

But all in all is it an entertaining illusion?

Is entertainment what it's all about do you think?

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Learning Some Stuff... [Re: castaway]
    #2278269 - 01/27/04 04:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds great.

*grabs a pen*

Where do I sign up? :stoned:

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2281138 - 01/28/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa, I was full of something last night.. if only I knew what..... :smirk:

Of course it is all just an illusion, what I said... to be able to even start speaking is to make an assumption on something you can't even know...

I've also realized that I am more of a visual thinker... I see what I am talking about, and use only as many words as needed to shape my concepts. I get in trouble there when trying to communicate ideas to others... I can use words properly, pretty decently I guess, and the meaning is implied, but there are an infinity of other thoughts being connected to the ones I am able to put into words that help define it...

So I am going to always have a considerable chunk of the iceberg that only I can share with myself, and it has its disadvantages... but there is a mass of connected understanding that I wouldn't trade for the world.....

Anyways, I guess I am just putting all of these thoughts out there for anyone who has any parallels or anything... I've been in a different state of mind recently and everything... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2281169 - 01/28/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I've also realized that I am more of a visual thinker... I see what I am talking about, and use only as many words as needed to shape my concepts. I get in trouble there when trying to communicate ideas to others... I can use words properly, pretty decently I guess, and the meaning is implied, but there are an infinity of other thoughts being connected to the ones I am able to put into words that help define it...

So I am going to always have a considerable chunk of the iceberg that only I can share with myself, and it has its disadvantages... but there is a mass of connected understanding that I wouldn't trade for the world.....

Anyways, I guess I am just putting all of these thoughts out there for anyone who has any parallels or anything... I've been in a different state of mind recently and everything...
Peace. 

I understand that untangible thoughts are hard to express, but it is unsatifactory to fall back on this.  Why post something that you cannot adequetely express and then make a follow up confirming it?  I don't know where your passage is taking me. :frown:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Learning Some Stuff... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2281274 - 01/28/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
I understand that untangible thoughts are hard to express, but it is unsatifactory to fall back on this.  Why post something that you cannot adequetely express and then make a follow up confirming it?  I don't know where your passage is taking me. :frown:

But ramblings can be so fun!  :laugh:

I guess I could promise not to post anymore while feeling disconnected and listening to Infected Mushroom on headphones...

Thoughts can travel in thousands of seconds in all directions... without focus, we're fucked! Then you try to paint a picture without the full focus and time.... it inevitably leads to trouble. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2281402 - 01/28/04 03:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's all good :smile: 

Yes, without the ability to concentrate, our thoughts really can focus over. :lol:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract