Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
a quick education on the 1million$ challenge.
    #2231351 - 01/09/04 02:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i've noticed ALOT of poeple say, well if you can do this or that, why don't you take the one million dollar challenege huh?

the answer is james randi is far from impartial, and if you're into conspiracies it is considered possible that he's actually in the service of the cia or something in order to discredit psionics.

to start with, the very first challenger he accept it was found that he falsifyed the end data for after the experiment. so its not like he's honest even assuming you get to the final stage of the challenge.

second, there is a pre-screening for everyone before you can take the final challenge, among various psychic/psionic communities it has been noted that those who can actually demonstrate thier abilities during the pre-screening are then TURNED DOWN for the real demonstration.

also, a small side note. i have challenged about a dozen smaller organizations to pay me if i could demonstrate telekinesis TO THIER SATISFACTION. the typical response would either be along the lines of "you're a nut please don't email us" or "what!? you say you can do telekinesis and yet you won't drive 6 hours each way to ATTEMPT to show us your supposed ability for FREE? you must be a nut, please don't email us (besides, if you could really do it you could just go live on the news or show some scientists somewhere and make money from that)"

anyways, 1million dollar challenge is bullshit, thats why no one has won the money.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2231577 - 01/09/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Oh sure... it's all a huge conspiracy to keep the public from knowing about telepathy and the supernatural in general.  :rolleyes:

I honestly feel for you... it must be tough to shield your pet beliefs from the doubt that the scientific method hurls at them.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: Sclorch]
    #2231594 - 01/09/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

im afraid i agree with sclorch on this one
"if your into conspiracies" ROFL
your sad

nicotine spokesman: nicotine does not cause cancer!

reporter: well then how can you explain the thousands of yearly cancer related deaths and incontestable scientific evidence?

nicotine spokesman: well, if your into conspiracies than its entirely possible that the freemasons have manufactured a massive hoax to scare us away from smoking cigarettes!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2231863 - 01/09/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Noted psychic" Sylvia Browne publicly announced (on "Larry King Live", I believe)that she would take the challenge and failed to even meet with Randi.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: Sclorch]
    #2231876 - 01/09/04 06:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah pet beliefs can be a bitch
once the trap is sprung
there is no escape
it must be defended
even in the face of overwhelming evidence

as for psychics and telepaths, who knows? I'm open to such things.
I've never seen it demonstrated to my satisfaction.
that's doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2232571 - 01/10/04 12:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

all of you might note that someone who was at the shroomery gathering i once mentioned has added a new post...

so funny that those who don't even attempt to learn telepathy or telekinesis would say it doesn't exsist based on the evidence of it not being widely known to exsist. gee, if we're going by the knowledge of the masses we all better stop doing those crazy drugs before we go crazy and break out minds :P

also, are you ignoring the fact that i have been challenging lots of skeptic groups and none accept my challenge?

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2232610 - 01/10/04 12:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to lay out some ground rules on a challenge, I'll be more than happy to play.

What do you plan on doing to prove you have either telekinesis or telepathy?

While I won't pay for your travel upfront (I'm not psychic so I don't know if you would stiff me or not  :crazy:), I'll gladly let someone trustworthy hold the money, and upon showing me proof, they will reimburse your expenses.

Is that fair? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (01/10/04 12:35 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2232612 - 01/10/04 12:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sounds good if you live near ny and assuming i can get a ride. also, i'd want more than just expense money, seeing how it matters less to me to teach other poeple than to fight mis-conceptions.

wow i sound greedy there. assuming you are a fairly well established individual any small monetary token would be acceptable assuming you are happily convinced.

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2232615 - 01/10/04 12:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ive been interested in telekinesis and think it would be a fine idea for you to share any 'training' or events leading to 1st development of powers. as for the randi guy, i wouldnt doubt he would be a screening mechinism for the 'gifted' and any valid applicants with any 'national security' risking power would vanish. share what you know, it might not be geneticly rare, just need to know its there to exercise it.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2232616 - 01/10/04 12:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I actually live in Texas, so you would probably have to fly.

What do you consider a "small monetary token"?

Edit - What was your idea of proof?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (01/10/04 12:42 AM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2232899 - 01/10/04 07:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

im afraid i agree with sclorch on this one
"if your into conspiracies" ROFL
your sad 

^^^^Unnecessary flame

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (05/06/13 05:56 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: Learyfan]
    #2233558 - 01/10/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

What type of flame is necessary?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: Swami]
    #2233604 - 01/10/04 05:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

im sorry learyfan i really am, adding the part about 'your sad' was inapropriate.

Let me reiterate, however that saying 'if your into conspiracies than i can explain away your criticism' regardless of if its truekimbo or anyone else, is a pathetic excuse for logic, and in my oppinion it IS sad when people are forced to resort to this kind of crap to keep there beliefs alive. sad in the sense that, well its sad. its not nescessarily an insult.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2233647 - 01/10/04 05:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"is considered possible that he's actually in the service of the cia or something in order to discredit psionics."

Considered possible? By who... you?

"second, there is a pre-screening for everyone before you can take the final challenge, among various psychic/psionic communities it has been noted that those who can actually demonstrate thier abilities during the pre-screening are then TURNED DOWN for the real demonstration."

The pre screening is there because there are a million nutjobs out there who think they can demonstrate their abilities when really they have nothing. Randi doesn't have all the time in the world, so he has to whittle it down. Just because someone comes whining that Randi denied their "proven" abilities doesn't mean they actually demonstrated it well. It just means they claim they did. If you look carefully at the requirements to pass the screening test, I'm sure you'll see that he was perfectly justified in denying these people the full test.

Telekinesis has NEVER been well demonstrated.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: Phluck]
    #2235196 - 01/11/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

oh my god! i'm getting sick. how did drug users end up so programmed!? retch retch.

anyways hagbard, i have a good compromise, my brother will be in texas this summer, he's actually better at it than me (can spin it underneath containers and such) it'll be kind of way in the future, but lets say you offer him travel money plus like 300 dollars (or whatever he decides i guess)

where in texas are you?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2235286 - 01/11/04 06:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not in Texas.

"oh my god! i'm getting sick. how did drug users end up so programmed!? retch retch."

First of all, assuming that other drug users are going to think like you is completely ignorant. Secondly, people who don't agree with you are not "programmed". I've spent a lot of time reading about paranormal stuff with sources from all viewpoints. I seriously doubt most 'believers' have spent much time reading through skepdic.com, or ever picked up a copy of "Why People Believe Weird Things". I have NEVER seen any credible evidence that telekinesis is possible, despite the numerous claims by folks like yourself. So before you go around calling people 'programmed', maybe you should do a little more research.

For instance, if you're spinning the pinwheel with your mind, how come you need to hold your hands around it to make it spin? How come another user on these boards claims to be able to do the same thing, without any telekinetic effort? Could it have something to do with your hands controlling the air flow around it?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#2235474 - 01/11/04 08:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i don't have to use my hands, its a mental crutch, i have eliminated it in the past, and i could do so again with a small amount of practice.

by the way, telekinesis is accomplished through a sort of zen mindstate. its accomplished through non-effort. or controlled tricking if the conscious mind.

anyhow, i say programmed because phrases like "telekinesis has NEVER been demonstrated" now, i understand you think i'm delusional, or perhaps a liar, but from my point of view thats rediculous (as in worthy of ridicule). telekinesis has been demonstrated countless times, and in fact is a rather boring skill compared to stuff they're working on these days.

p.s. "Considered possible? By who... you?"
considered by those who study and practice psionics

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2235538 - 01/11/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"considered by those who study and practice psionics "

Okay, what are they basing it on? Paranoid fears?

I don't think you're delusional or a liar. I think that you've convinced yourself that you're moving something with your mind when you really aren't, which is perfectly normal. People convince themselves of strange things all the time.

"telekinesis has been demonstrated countless times, and in fact is a rather boring skill compared to stuff they're working on these days."

It's never been demonstrated in a controlled setting. Ever. What are they working on now, exactly?

--------------------

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2235567 - 01/11/04 09:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

how did drug users get so programmed?
well, we ARE programmed, its undoubtable. Were programmed by life to base our oppinions on observed facts. Because we have not observed telekenisis, we are programmed to assume it does not exist.

in all honesty im open minded about this. I have experienced some 'paranormal-ish' things in my life and i believe in the possibilities of the human mind being largely unexplored. I would like nothing better than to believe that i can learn telekenisis, but so far i have seen no indication of that

but to be fair, i am now going to search the web for some good telekenisis sites that have some like i dunno training exercises or something and ill see what i come up with.
truekimbo: any links/advice?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: a quick education on the 1million$ challenge. [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2235639 - 01/11/04 10:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order