Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon DXM, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis
    #2948930 - 07/31/04 04:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This is really interesting stuff. I believe anything is possible and within the human mind there are faculties for telepathy, telekinesis and other mind over matter type of phenominon.

The ability of conscious will to effect the world is indeed real as real as how reality effects the conscious.

The only way I can prove it exists is for you to try it out and have it work.

I want to hear what other people think.
If the techniques on this page don't work for you, try some of them while tripping and see what happens.

http://www.psipog.net/articles.php?cat=101

So what do you guys think?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: MAGnum]
    #2949207 - 07/31/04 05:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, telekinesis is real. :smile:

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #2949552 - 07/31/04 06:57 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

THose are interesting phenomena ,if they do happen.

What baffled me was the following :

You said "If the techniques on this page don't work for you, try some of them while tripping and see what happens"

So how the activation of 5HT-2a receptors by an agonist such as LSD ,Psilocybin,mescaline etc can lead to psychic phenomena,or make them apparent? THat would of course link quite straightforward the serotonine receptor and mainly some of its subtypes to telekinesis and telepathy!

OfflineMerlinBurb
    #2949566 - 07/31/04 07:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Speaking of mind over matter, I saw on tv that Indian munk who does all that crazy stuff, like rolling around town, etc. But anyways it showd him doing a meditation standing upside down with his head burried in the sand, for TWELVE HOURS!

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
    #2949619 - 07/31/04 08:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, that's a very good site for telekinesis - there are lots of people on there that claim to be able to do it on a small level. I've tried many of the methods on that site, and despite believing that it is certainly possible, I haven't managed to get anywhere.... YET.....

But I didn't really practice regularly and kind of gave up too soon I expect.... THAT DAMN PINWHEEL !!!

As to how it is possible, you could go down the "power of the mind" route i.e. anything that you truly believe in, will be possible and can be done. I personally don't find that total belief = reality, as different people have conflicting beliefs, but I guess you might be able to /alter/ or /bend/ reality based on what you believe.

I prefer the sub-particle explanation for this kind of thing. The brain is still far beyond our comprehension, and I suppose the sub-conscious could interact with smaller particles than the science world even know about, and if harnessed correctly could create forces on resulting objects.

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Psiloman]
    #2950863 - 08/01/04 04:19 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
THose are interesting phenomena ,if they do happen.

What baffled me was the following :

You said "If the techniques on this page don't work for you, try some of them while tripping and see what happens"

So how the activation of 5HT-2a receptors by an agonist such as LSD ,Psilocybin,mescaline etc can lead to psychic phenomena,or make them apparent? THat would of course link quite straightforward the serotonine receptor and mainly some of its subtypes to telekinesis and telepathy!

I don't know why, but shrooms make people able to fall into that state where they can manipulate or understand the universe in more intamate ways. I believe shrooms are meant to be used for meditations, visions, esp, mind over matter. I truly don't do mushrooms for recreational use, but to achieve higher levels of spiritual enlightenment.

The hard part once you've had your esp, telekinetic, etc. experiance on shrooms is trying to do it when you come down. It is just harder to fall into the mental state, but still possible.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: MerlinBurb]
    #2950867 - 08/01/04 04:22 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MerlinBurb said:
Speaking of mind over matter, I saw on tv that Indian munk who does all that crazy stuff, like rolling around town, etc. But anyways it showd him doing a meditation standing upside down with his head burried in the sand, for TWELVE HOURS!

I've heard accounts of Buddhist monks raising thier body temperature to extreme levels as well as lower it.

When a martial arts professional slams his hand through concrete, some think of it as mind over matter.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: chevron]
    #2950884 - 08/01/04 04:28 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chevron said:
Yes, that's a very good site for telekinesis - there are lots of people on there that claim to be able to do it on a small level. I've tried many of the methods on that site, and despite believing that it is certainly possible, I haven't managed to get anywhere.... YET.....

But I didn't really practice regularly and kind of gave up too soon I expect.... THAT DAMN PINWHEEL !!!

I suggest that you don't stop trying. Continue pushing yourself. Infinity is the distance you can go.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2950925 - 08/01/04 05:04 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

In my oppinion, man's strongest trait is the human mind. When I think of a mind, I think of it as a shining, radiating center of light. A mind doesn't just sit there and absorb concepts and sensory experiences, it also shines them.

All things are vibrant with such exquisit energy and the vibrance of a conscious mind, whether it be man or animal is great in vibrance, indeed.

Many people see auras and fields around people and sometimes things. Whatever the force that exsists within us is shared by everything outside of us.

People can learn to use this.

I am coming upon a revolation to myself that the mind can be completely polluted by the dirt of the world. My mind is certainly polluted, as I am an unhappy soul. I am truly alone in my grief. What makes me sad is more rooted in my behaviour and some of the things which I am involved with. For me to grow spiritually, I must first tidy up my mental living space a bit.

Honestly, I believe the mind is capable of anything. Jesus could stop storms, I believe he did this. As well as cure the sick (biokinesis). I'm not preaching a belief in God or anything, I am saying that it is HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING.

If our consciousness is a little part of God, and God is infinate, tell me, what is a percentage of infinity? The answer is infinity.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2951331 - 08/01/04 12:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The mind is indeed very powerful and has enourmous potential..
Telepathy is direct soul-to-soul communication.
Telekinesis is the will of your soul manipulating the physical and/or spiritual environment.
Therefore it is the soul itself that is responsible for these abilities.

Lets just imagine for a second, that the soul represents the "subconscious" area of your mind. Ego, or waking consciousness, would represent your "conscious", and "the collective consciousness and your higher self" would represent the unconscious mind.

Since we are all god, and we are entering the age of the aqaurius, I think it's about time we all started remembering what we are capable of, and achieving that. Does everyone remember that your thoughts create reality..? Ok good..
-Do we remember that the purpose of life is to evolve: emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually...
-do we remember that the core of human essence is composed of light and love whose nature is goodness..
-do we remember that free will is an absolute universal right.. yet sometimes impeccability calls on the self to surrender free will to divine will in faith and trust.

These are the things human must understand before we move on 'to the next level'.
Everyone has the potential to evolve to these levels. Heros and super-villians are not so far away. Flying is simply levitation. The merkaba, once re-activated, is capable of flight across the universe, everyone's soul has one. Telepathy is simply direct soul-to-soul commmunication between two or more entities, this type of experience currently occurs on the subconscious level, due to our fragmented minds in this 3rd dimension. Telekinesis, I have only recently re-mastered in the lucid world.

In the next phase of evolution these things will be a fact of life. Reincarnation, evolution, chakras, telepathy.. these things will all be as common as ice cream. Science will change to accept these new paradigms, and eventually, science and spirituality will reach a crucial middle ground, where it is balanced and logical but still intuitive and creative. It is up to us, as individuals and as a group, to help the world in this process as much as we are able.

The truth is that we are all experiencing subjective realities and we all have our own individual soul, but at the root, all these souls are one.. the purpose of having trillions of subjective realities is so "God" can learn and evolve constantly.. from every possible perspective. The great thing about evolution and creation is that they never end. There is always room for improvement and growth.

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Shroomism]
    #2952231 - 08/01/04 04:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

In time, many humans will understand thier inner potential which arises from within the soul. Many of us loose touch with what is this life for and how to grow and learn in the entanglements of life iself.

I need to start growing so that I can break free of my restraints and bindings. I want to train myself to become stronger and accomplish the job I am here for. I truly believe that realizing the power of the soul is an achievement that I am supposed to realize within this life.

If it wasn't, then I would have had only mundain experiances. The truth is that I have experianced mind over matter or esp in a huge ways while on mushrooms. I have also experianced almost unreal events when I wasn't on shrooms.

The thing I find with shrooms is that they open the door inside my mind to latent and burried abilities and even intelligence. They are a powerful mental tool. Even something small like hearing annother's thoughs as if spoken out loud, being able to see through skin, or picking up on annother person's conscious state (empathy, you can also pick up drug states, as I have when I watched and absorbed a coke high while tripping).

I must warn people though, that the path to enlightenment may drive you very insane. In fact, I personally will never be the same, as my mind has been rocked by my own psychic realizations. Voices that have trained me and like they were a drill seargant, I hated them at times. I realize that my behaviour and involvements are the main source of the pain and day to day anguish I've been through. A person only has his own mind to truly contend with, even when facing others.

Once I can forgive myself, my life and the world for fucking me; I will be much better off, much more able to realize power. I must loosen my grip on my pain and hatred and let it fall out. It isn't helping me out at all anyways.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2952341 - 08/01/04 05:05 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How can you forgive yourself when your getting f'd up on drugs? (if you are)

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Grav]
    #2952830 - 08/01/04 06:33 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, drugs aren't wrong, just unhealthy. I tend to abuse substances like weed and alchohol, but not shrooms. I don't want to do certain drugs like heroin, PCP, coke, Acid (tried it and it messed with my back really badly), ect.

I don't think I am really that bad however, I do smoke mad weed and I am, only now after years seeing that it is an obstical in my life and my whole involvement with the drug is the source of much of my immediate anguish. I really do need to stop weed and cigaretts. I don't know how I will forgive myself if I end up in jail or with lung cancer, but I would have to.

Shit, weed doesn't even make me feel good anymore, it makes me feel shitty and dumb, but I smoke it because I litterally fiend it! All the more reason to quit.

But the fact is, that if I am going to get anywhere near my goals, "spiritual" or mundain, I am going to have to change and forgive what has happenned and my past behaviour that I cannot change. What else can I do? I already did all the pot and drank all the liquer, if I allowed my regret to simmer and hold a grudge against myself, it will interfere with my goals. This is why I have to just get out of involvment with weed altogether. If I am not around it, I won't do it and then I have neutralized only one source of my regrets.

I think I could let go of my past regrets with drugs easier than my past regrets in dropping out of school, girls, family problems, jobs and such. I have ALOT more to forgive myself about than weed, I have a whole life full of pain.

To me mushrooms are special. I look at mushrooms as a tool for mental exploration rather than a recreational drug. I never do them around people because of the interferance and discomfort people bring. I lock yself in my house and try to meditate on various things and increase my mental muscles. I am also thinking of trying savia for the same type of purpose.

My goal is that I can get some kind of psychic or esp phenominon. In mushrooms I feel no regret because it is a way I have found helps me explore inner truth, strength and weakness. Then, when I fall back into a "normal" conscious state, I take with me what I experianced. I become forever changed for the better and am one step closer to my goals.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2953130 - 08/01/04 08:04 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
How can you forgive yourself when your getting f'd up on drugs? (if you are)

LoL, I just noticed it says I am an addict under my name. That's funny, it happenned to me on my 400th post I think. I never even filled it inso I'll just leave it there till it changes over.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2954144 - 08/02/04 12:46 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

You can do it. If you practice on moving objects for 1-2 hours per day, then influencing peoples thoughts for 1 hour, then 3 hours per day receiving other people thoughts, all of this for at least 1.5 years and you will denfinitely starts seeing results.

You'll be able to move light objects and get children to do your bidding and pick up on peoples feelings and mood. And it just keeps getting better.

It will work I'm telling you.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2955931 - 08/02/04 01:01 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I believe you, that is why I am practicing.

I need to do more reading, but most of it should come naturally to me.

Most of the time I sit there listenning to the void anyways, always listenning.

Do you have any ill tips?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#2956908 - 08/02/04 05:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have a tip.
stop trying to play magic tricks and find what's really important to you in life before it disappears.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2957355 - 08/02/04 07:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Why can't I do both at the same time?

I'm doing this because I am driven to it. Things have happenned to me in the past that force me through curiosity to obtain realize and understand these things. If it wasn't really important to me, I wouldn't waist my time.

The most important people and things to me are my mother, my family, my friends, my beliefs, my mind.

Now tell me, would you tell Shaq to stop playing basketball and figure out what's really important etc. etc? You gotta understand that Basket ball is important to Shaq and that he has worked hard to get where he is.

If he cared about himself and his own goals he wouldn't listen to you, even if you were someone very important to you like his Mom or Wife.

What about this specific topic bothers you? So far you seem to be critiquing me (more so than the subject of ESP, Telewhatever).

I really want to hear what you have to say.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2957375 - 08/02/04 07:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Please, Anybody, feel free to share you're oppinions about this subject. Mind over matter is a real phenominon. Even if you're just in for a lurk.

I don't care if you say "It's bull shit," I want a discussion on it this.

Invisiblefearfect
    #2957394 - 08/02/04 07:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i went to psipog and checked out their videos. "This is 100% real" posted under all of them :P

they need to learn what static electricity is.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: fearfect]
    #2958001 - 08/02/04 10:46 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Those are media files are on this page
http://www.psipog.net/media.php

How can static charge move a pen that heavy?

Even a toothpic takes enormous static charge to either attract or repulse.

Mind over matter is real, I don't doubt it for a second.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2958086 - 08/02/04 11:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I practiced telekinesis for a few months almost a year ago. I got very used to the psiwheel and could spin it and change directions at will and even had success with it under a glass (although less success).

If you are looking to improve, try practicing it with a friend. I found this resulted in opposing 'forces', so that we were each trying to spin it the opposite direction. Watch out- it can be very tiring on the head.

You've got to realize with something considered as "out there" as telekinesis is going to be met with skepticism. Most people have never seen it performed, so they have every reason not to blindly believe others' claims. Don't worry about it though, just practice for fun :smile:

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: deff]
    #2958316 - 08/03/04 12:35 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

<deleted>

Edited by MAGnum (09/07/04 07:48 PM)

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
    #2958350 - 08/03/04 12:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

first lets try to move our love with thoughts,then work on that other stuff,but i doubt we will.When the world is love,we could move heavens,really big rocks and various little objects.lol.i'm not kidding though

Invisiblemr crisper

#2959021 - 08/03/04 05:38 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ive been thrown across a room by a static charge from a vacuum tube.
it had not been plugged into anything for ages.
not that i'm dissing the video, just my thoughts on things that go
zap !

how does it go? -
everybody who believes in telekinesis raise my hand.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: mr crisper]
    #2959559 - 08/03/04 11:01 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I did find telekinesis was easier while on mushrooms, but I began practicing sober, and only tried once or twice on them. Although, it doesn't seem that amazing when you're on mushrooms, almost like you have a deeper understanding of it on the subconscious level. Anyways, thanks for making this post magnum, as I think I'm going to get back into tk now :smile:

Invisiblefearfect
    #2960054 - 08/03/04 02:08 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

there are many explainations to disprove media files. I admit to playing with the wheel, and while I have "gotten" it to rotate 360 a few times, I don't immediately credit tk. I hear many people give explainations on how to perform crazy telepathy and tk feats, yet they never mention if they themselves can actually do them... I would really like to meet someone who can read minds. You know there are people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to the first person who can prove to them that they can in fact read minds.

just don't be a sheep.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

#2960075 - 08/03/04 02:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I can't read minds. I can perform telekinesis. It's not a matter of a couple 360 degree rotations, but rather a constant rotation for minutes at a time and from a distance (or smaller rotations under a glass). I realize media files don't prove anything, and even psipog makes that quite clear in the media section. The videos are intended for those who already practice telekinesis, and not intended to try and prove skeptics wrong.

I consciously have no idea how telekinesis works. No one does right now. But it does work and I can do it. Believe what you want, it's cool with me :smile:

Invisiblefearfect
    #2960084 - 08/03/04 02:22 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

if i were you, then, I would contact james randi and claim that 1,000,000$ prize...

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: mr crisper]
    #2960505 - 08/03/04 04:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mr crisper said:
Quote:

ive been thrown across a room by a static charge from a vacuum tube.
it had not been plugged into anything for ages.
not that i'm dissing the video, just my thoughts on things that go
zap !

how does it go? -
everybody who believes in telekinesis raise my hand.

I have heard of that happenning from enormous charge inside of capasitors.  You can have it happen by touching a part of the inside of a computer monitor.  It also happenned to my friend's dad from a Capasitor in a monitor.  He hit the wall hard.  The thing says WARNIGN SHOCK HAZARD for a reason! LOL,  Was it the tube or did you touch a wire or something?

Stuff like that  happens from Voltage rather than amps because if you got hit by even half an amp you would probably die.  A million volts will throw you up against a wall but won't kill you.

Static electricity certainly can lift something like an elephant, but it takes alot of it.

My question should be

How did they get that much static charge?
How did they get this static to work through a table?
Could they use a device, and shit how the hell would it remotely controll a thing twitching.

I just don't see the way that motion was made by static unless it was generated.  Not to mention the only generator of energy is the person performing the telekinesis.

Is it possible that telekinesis works with forces similar to electons.  It is likely it does because our brain uses complex biological electronics to work.  I believe we use 40 watts per day (I could be wrong). 

I think computers are an attempt by us trying to replicate our own minds to some degree.  I think we will eventually learn how our biological, electro-chemical ciruitry works.

Quote:

fearfect said:
there are many explainations to disprove media files.  I admit to playing with the wheel, and while I have "gotten" it to rotate 360 a few times, I don't immediately credit tk.

Well, logically, you have to explore whatelse it could be.  If you don't question, you could be decieving yourself.  All factors must be ruled out.  Media files can be cut an spliced. I am not a phorensic computer expert, so I can't tell.  But whether the files are fake or not, this is real phenominon and cannot be ignored.

Quote:

I hear many people give explainations on how to perform crazy telepathy and tk feats, yet they never mention if they themselves can actually do them... I would really like to meet someone who can read minds.

Then they are not actually telling you how they do it and while it may have been passed down from a respected and powerfull psychic, any advice that is given should be considderred fluff.  You are wise not to believe everything people say because people are full of shit.

I don't have full controll over hearing thoughts, it just happenns.  Especially under stress.  The first time it happenned, it was LOUD as hell.
Quote:

You know there are people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to the first person who can prove to them that they can in fact read minds.

just don't be a sheep.

Well said.  I'm independant and quite alone.  I have my own goals with this, I will refuse many people when I get good.  I'm not practicing for the Dick Corporation's sales tactics.  I'm doing it for me.

Quote:

deff said:
I can't read minds. I can perform telekinesis. It's not a matter of a couple 360 degree rotations, but rather a constant rotation for minutes at a time and from a distance (or smaller rotations under a glass).

Wow, you have talent.  No, you have REAL talent.  You should practice changing the weather.  Try making it pour when it's already raining lightly.  I bet you really could eventually change matter like transmutting the air into something like an icecream cone.  Existance is infinate and so is the possibility.

Quote:

I realize media files don't prove anything, and even psipog makes that quite clear in the media section. The videos are intended for those who already practice telekinesis, and not intended to try and prove skeptics wrong.

Agreed

Quote:

I consciously have no idea how telekinesis works. No one does right now. But it does work and I can do it. Believe what you want, it's cool with me :smile:

It exists, but we have yet to proove it's by what means.
For now we can stab in the dark and hopefully hit something.

Quote:

deff said:
Well, I did find telekinesis was easier while on mushrooms, but I began practicing sober, and only tried once or twice on them.

Try big stuff on shrooms, like levitating yourself or changing the weather.  Try thinking out loud.  I find mushrooms can involuntarily make stuff happen.  I'm sure there are important event that people overlook thinking they were just hallucinating.

Quote:

Although, it doesn't seem that amazing when you're on mushrooms, almost like you have a deeper understanding of it on the subconscious level. Anyways, thanks for making this post magnum, as I think I'm going to get back into tk now :smile:

I am glad I have influenced you this way!  You have some real talent there.  You may be able to do biokinesis and heal sick people some day.  Immagine that?  Maybe some day we'll bump into each other.

Stay safe.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2960538 - 08/03/04 04:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone have any ideas on what the underlying forces in telekinesis are? How about telepathy? How about ESP? Etc.

It is common knowledge that we only use a small percentage of the brain we have. I do believe that activating dormant parts of the brain have something to do with the answers to these above questions.

What do these things tell us about ourselves?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2960900 - 08/03/04 05:48 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

> It is common knowledge that we only use a small percentage of the brain we have.

Common knowledge is often incorrect, as in this case. The old saying, we only use 10% of our brain, is being used out of context. Perhaps only 10% of the neurons in our brain our active at any given moment, but that does not mean that we only use 10% of our brain. If I carve out 90% of your brain matter, you will no longer function.

> What do these things tell us about ourselves?

That we often fall for what we want to believe regardless of what science has shown us to be true and accurate.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Seuss]
    #2961035 - 08/03/04 06:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i saw a thing on tv the other day where some kid got shot in the head and they removed half of the top of his head. only 50% of his brain remained and he had a big gap on the right side of his head... looked really wicked, but they said he went on to graduate from a university hehe.

I have had some insane things happen to me while chemically enhanced. the scariest for me so far was last semester in my room with my roomate. we had taken 4-500mg of dxm and were chilling in the room when his bed started violently shaking. no one was on it, or near it, but it was literally jumping several inches into the air and scared the shit out of both of us. it happened two more times after that as well. i was completely at a loss for words in more ways then one... but you know how it is, after if happens you begin to doubt and doubt until you begin to dismiss it as a collective hallucination or rattling pipes or something. I wish we had taped it.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2961376 - 08/03/04 08:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That's fuckin nuts. It sounds like what some people have reported as polterguists. It could have been a polterguist or it could have been randomly occurring telekinesis which some speculate is the root of all or some activity which bears the label "polterguist."

I myself have seen a my stepdad's spirit and he slammed a door. So I know that spirits exsist (as ghosts). There were witnesses. The girl that was there freaked out because she felt it. I actually saw it. The other dude didn't think it was anything, so I know that some people have it and some people don't.

There was a really tingly feeling in the room when it slammed, it was hard to describe.

I can immagine how the bed shaking would freak you out completely. It would freak me out depending on if I felt under attack or not. Do you think it was telekinetic or a spirit/ghost? Did you or your friend feel a presence, tingly. Did you see anything? An orb? an Aura?

I wish you taped it too, I would send you prints of the illest strain when they come through for a copy of that tape.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2961401 - 08/03/04 08:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Me
I myself have seen a my stepdad's spirit and he slammed a door. So I know that spirits exsist (as ghosts). There were witnesses. The girl that was there freaked out because she felt it. I actually saw it. The other dude didn't think it was anything, so I know that some people have it and some people don't.
Quote:

I forgot to add that the experience showed that spirits can have an effect on physical matter.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2961402 - 08/03/04 08:26 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Me

I forgot to add that the experience showed that spirits can have an effect on physical matter.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

#2961549 - 08/03/04 09:18 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

"but you know how it is, after if happens you begin to doubt and doubt until you begin to dismiss it as a collective hallucination or rattling pipes or something."

A similar incident occurred a few years back with one of my friends. We were in my basement when a VERY bright 'orb' (maybe the size of a small melon) appeared and then "chased" us as we ran away from it. We were absolutely shocked by this, but over the years the memory fades into a memory of an orginal memory, so much so that it's easy to doubt it even happened. For a while I thought it may have even been a dream, until I recently brought it up and my friend remembered it perfectly. I hate how things lose their 'awe' over time :frown:

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2961756 - 08/03/04 10:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen an orb in my room once, it just sped off.

Annother time me and a friend were tripping in a closed off room in his basement.

My friend was sitting so he could see out the door into the basement.

All the sudden I saw a flash of bright white light come from outside the door shine on the walls just inside the doorway and door. This caught my boy's attention and he looked then asked me and said "did you see that?"

I told him I had seen a flash reflect off the walls like someone shined a light or something and asked if anyone was out there.

He reported to me that he saw a stange orb of light shaped kind of like a heart without a point. The shape of a clefted circle with bulging around the cleft. It was shining white and pulsating, kind of. I think it also went through the walls. It was really strange.

I believe my friend, I think me and him should talk about it again. I think I'm going to call him right now. We both saw it, I don't know if it would have happenned if we were not tripping.

Actually getting chased by an orb sounds scary! I don't know what the fuck those things really are, but they exsist. I've never heard of them being a threat or acting in a threatenning (almost territorial in your case) manner.

One of my cousins used to see orbs alot, one time she was in a room with her family and a multicoloured orb (which switched colors) flew in and hoverred over the table. I think she was the only one who saw it and then it sped off. I asked her what it meant and she said that it was random.

I might start an orb thread sometime later.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2961791 - 08/03/04 10:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone have any other good websites or guides to this subject?

It frustrates me that when I look up psychic, I get a bunch of taro/astology pay sites for searching the word "Telekinesis." I'm not bashing taro cards or astrology or anything, but what does a taro card have to do with Telekinesis?

I'm looking for info on anything mind over matter that doesn't involve the use of physical tools such as cards, wands, etc. I am looking for serios websites; No cheese please!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2963864 - 08/04/04 01:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Be here now buddy. That doesn't mean look outside of reality for things to spice up your life. The spice is in your everyday existance, in the things you take for granted as you try to create little psiballs that could very well be the product of your imagination.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: entiformatie]
    #2965396 - 08/04/04 08:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
Be here now buddy. That doesn't mean look outside of reality for things to spice up your life. The spice is in your everyday existance, in the things you take for granted as you try to create little psiballs that could very well be the product of your imagination.

I realize alot of people think that this stuff is a waist of time, and it is a valid opinion. I'm not upset that you think so, I actually expect it of most people. The problem with your argument is that psi is one of the spices of MY everyday existance.

I personally always had a dislike for sports since I was younger, but I don't go around saying "dude, you gotta look to other things that really matter and blah blah blah." If anything sports such as basket ball or soccer; where the object of the game is to chase a round, out of controll thing into a designated space are a waist to me. I feel that I might as well chase my tale for hours.

In the end, we are going to disagree. I do play sports every once in a while, but would you have told me that sports is empty if this was a sports thread. I can't assume that you would or would not say the same thing about sports (if you'd say anything at all).

However the same argument can be made for any activity.

Someone could ask you, "Why do you spend so much time with your family? Why don't you find what is important to yourself and blah ablah blah?"

Seriously, your statement applies to anything depending on how you feel. If psi [or anything else for that matter] is what I want to do and it makes _me_ happy, wouldn't you say it's part of the spice to my individual life? And whether you say so or not, do you think it's going to matter to me?

Seriously, this is the second time I've heard someone say that on this thread (drop this stuff and find what matters in life) and it's like, who is anyone else to judge what matters in my life. I know from my own experiance that psi is very real much like you, in your experiance, have learned it is probably not (assuming that is your view).

I do what I want, I don't always make the right choice, there is alot of stuff wrong with my life, alot of things I am a mess with. While I struggle alot, psi is something that has come to me naturally more than I have pursued it. Why should I stop? Why can't I fix problems at home and practice Psi balls in my spare time.

I also play guitar, would you tell me to stop that because there are things more important to me? I hope you see what I mean. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, because you are right in alot of ways.

People do need to realize the simple, important things because they get all caught up in worlds of superficiality. I'm poor and I do what I can to live life happily in harmony, but I have gotten caught up in drugs and other personal shit I won't mention.

But if you think I'm chasing fairy tales that's fine, just remember that not everything is explained and there is alot we all don't know about ourselves. For all of our sences we are blind to the infinity that is reality, our minds can't even understand infinity.

Anyways, in closing, practicing psi is a hobbie for now and it is just that. I don't expect to find eternal happiness or inner balance out of this. It is my own exploration for my own reasons, I do it for me. I hope you understand this.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2966238 - 08/05/04 12:15 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

This thread seems dead. :frown:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #2967292 - 08/05/04 11:25 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo. But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I don't have a problem with hobbies, but self-delusion just can't be good, and I have a very skeptical outlook towards psi-balls. I believe in something more than what you see is what you get. Of course I'm open to any possibility. But I think psi-balls are meaningless.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2968413 - 08/05/04 04:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo.

I'm glad you understand that.

But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I haven't worked much with psiballs, but you're making me come up with some good ideas of skipping the "psiball" stuff if it doesn't make sense in the end. If it comes down to it, I will focus on what works for me. After all, I myself cannot knock it till I try it.

I do believe it is possible to make a sphere of energy. The usage of this sphere might not actually be the most useful contruct. I don't know if they are valid yet.

I don't have a problem with hobbies, but self-delusion just can't be good, and I have a very skeptical outlook towards psi-balls. I believe in something more than what you see is what you get. Of course I'm open to any possibility. But I think psi-balls are meaningless.

I really think someone thought up psi balls out of thier own conscious scheme. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the person who invented the concept it works for that person as well as like minded others. If it doesn't work for you that's fine.

Of course I'm open to any possibility.

I'm glad. Perhaps you are right and psiballs are meaningless; A product of diluted "video game schemes." Perhaps when people generate a psi-ball, it is not the most efficiant method of focusing energy.

If psiballs are meaningless, it may just mean that there are better things.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2968424 - 08/05/04 04:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have a problem with you playing with psi-balls, or playing soccer, or playing guitar, or jacking off every waking moment. But when you play soccer, you realize your chasing a ball around. When your playing the guitar, you realize your strumming chords and making sounds. When you jack off, you realize your indulging in some social taboo.

I'm glad you understand that.

But when you play with psi-balls, do you realize you're just feeling your body's heat?

I haven't worked much with psiballs, but you're making me come up with some good ideas of skipping the "psiball" stuff if it doesn't make sense in the end. If it comes down to it, I will focus on what works for me. After all, I myself cannot knock it till I try it.

I do believe it is possible to make a sphere of energy. The usage of this sphere might not actually be the most useful contruct. I don't know if they are valid yet.

I really think someone thought up psi balls out of thier own conscious scheme. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the person who invented the concept it works for that person as well as like minded others. If it doesn't work for you that's fine.

Of course I'm open to any possibility.

I'm glad. Perhaps you are right and psiballs are meaningless; A product of diluted "video game schemes." Perhaps when people generate a psi-ball, it is not the most efficiant method of focusing energy.

If psiballs are meaningless, it may just mean that there are better things.

So what do you think about the ideas of telepathy and telekinesis, forgetting about psi balls.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #2968803 - 08/05/04 06:02 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I do definitely believe in something more than what we understand now. It is not so much that I don't believe in what you see is what you get, but that we just aren't seeing and understanding everything. For example: chakras, energy meridians in the body, acupoints. These things have been proven to work effectively.

There remains a lot we don't understand about ourselves, which makes us such fascinating subjects. Neurochemistry, biochemistry, that shit gets crazy. Psi-balls is just the basic of basics of biochemistry. Heat and energy traveling through our bodies. But it gets so much more intricate than that.

If you're interested in that kind of stuff, PM me, I'm just getting into it, and it's a world of possibilities and discoveries. :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3351795 - 11/12/04 03:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Does anyone have any other good websites or guides to this subject?

It frustrates me that when I look up psychic, I get a bunch of taro/astology pay sites for searching the word "Telekinesis." I'm not bashing taro cards or astrology or anything, but what does a taro card have to do with Telekinesis?

I'm looking for info on anything mind over matter that doesn't involve the use of physical tools such as cards, wands, etc. I am looking for serios websites; No cheese please!

There's some serious research going on in this area. Take a look at these if you like:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/
http://www.boundaryinstitute.org/

Especially relevant:

"The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena"
http://a1162.fmg.uva.nl/~djb/publications/2000/psychotropic_GF.pdf

"The Influence of Psychedelics on Remote Viewing"
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v11n1/11143mil.html

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3351806 - 11/12/04 03:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

everyday stuff really

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
    #3351918 - 11/12/04 04:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
everyday stuff really

The question is, if it's so "everyday," why doesn't someone--just one person--go win James Randi's $1 million and prove its existence?

I'm inclined to believe that, if it's real, it doesn't manifest in such obvious ways as being able to twirl paper spinners--otherwise someone would have used this to win the bounty.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3351943 - 11/12/04 04:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I beg to differ. I have seen first mind its effects, including spinning paper as well as flames, various lids, foil, ect. But, of course, this is not a claim or nothing, just a general anecdote unrelated to myself, for which I require no proof or further comments :laugh:

Believe what you experience, is the key thing here.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3351948 - 11/12/04 04:07 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

well I was half joking... but you're question is multi-faceted

- either they don't know about Randi's 1 million
- they don't care
- they can't prove telekinesis in a laborotory setting
- they think the world isn't ready to be aware of its existance to empirical science
- they can't demonstrate telekinesis period
- they don't have the inflated ego to want to challenge some charlatan trying to prove everyone wrong
- those who have seen, need no proof
- those who have seen, don't need to prove

or any number of about ten trillion variables that I could write an encyclopedia of crap on.

personally, if I could demonstrate telekinesis in the physical world, I would be all over Randi. But that's probably just my ego talking, and if I could demonstrate telekinesis, that leads me to wonder.. would I still have the ego talking to want to challenge Randi's challenge? Or would I be humble and try to teach people what I have learned. A million dollars means nothing unless you live by standards of society. It's a fucken catch-22 anyway you look at it.

and who's to say Randi is the most trustworthy guy in the first place. I've never met him, what if I sufficiently demonstrated telekinesis, and they deny it and try to discredit me... which they could very easily do. What a great challenge. So non-biased, so universal..so objective... right???

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
    #3352272 - 11/12/04 05:04 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm... a few things come to mind. First, Randi doesn't have to be honest, because the effects are judged by a third party, and the funds are also not held by Randi himself. Second, even if you don't care about the money, wouldn't you care about demonstrating once and for all its existence, thereby shutting up all the skeptics? Also, if something cannot be demonstrated under *any* laboratory setting with proper protocols, how can we be sure we're not kidding ourselves? And it's true that many people who believe need no proof--just look at the loads of religious fundies out there...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3354357 - 11/13/04 02:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
All things are vibrant with such exquisit energy and the vibrance of a conscious mind, whether it be man or animal is great in vibrance, indeed.

Whatever the force that exsists within us is shared by everything outside of us. 

While I wouldn't have expressed it exactly as you chose to, I generally would find this to be true. Everything consists of vibrating energy at different frequencies and levels...

Quote:

People can learn to use this.

How can people learn to use this? In what ways can people learn to use this? Knowing that everything is energy does not equate into the ability for us to manipulate energy at will, to whatever end we choose.

Quote:

I am coming upon a revolation to myself that the mind can be completely polluted by the dirt of the world.  My mind is certainly polluted, as I am an unhappy soul.  I am truly alone in my grief.  What makes me sad is more rooted in my behaviour and some of the things which I am involved with.  For me to grow spiritually, I must first tidy up my mental living space a bit.

Jeg se. :grin:

Quote:

Honestly, I believe the mind is capable of anything.  Jesus could stop storms, I believe he did this.

Why do you believe Jesus did this? How can you feel you know that a person you never met performed a supernatural act without any evidence or witness to it actually happening? The mind certainly is capable of deluding itself, isn't it?  :smirk: I do not see how believing the mind is capable of anything is actually allowing the mind to be capable of anything.

Quote:

I am saying that it is HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING.

Then why isn't everyone doing everything they wish to do? Why are there still natural boundaries that prevent us from forcing other people to walk into walls by our thoughts alone? Why can we not travel time? Why has it never been demonstrated that the mind can manipulate external events through thought alone? Why does the ego delude itself to the point of thinking it has omnipotence?

You glorify the mind and speak of its power, but yet you also attest to your state of sadness, grief, and unhappiness. Hhm.... it sounds like the mind is fucking you over. :grin:

Quote:

I must warn people though, that the path to enlightenment may drive you very insane.

Then it isn't the "path to enlightenment", which, truthfully, leads to sanity. The path to enlightenment does not consist of making baseless assumptions, allowing the ego to soar, and continuing identification and extension of the mind. One's mind is an unconscious complex with a specific purpose, to be used when necessary, to process incoming signals - not a sense of identity, not the ultimate reality lens, not your essence, and certainly not some all-powerful God. Furthering delusion and creating unnecessary defintions of reality not backed by any sort of personal or objective experience and validation definitely will lead to insanity, which you yourself testified to.

The fact is, it is probable that these experiences you describe, altering physical reality, magnificent powers of the mind, etc., are appearing as a direct result of your altered perception, especially considering the fact that you believe using mushrooms brings about these powers. Let me assure you of something now: the walls are not actually moving, your perception of the walls is tweaked. :grin:

You admitted to having a few personal problems, I think you might be trying to escape from these by forming beliefs that can't actually be justified. Perhaps you will consider healing yourself and putting emphasis on your presence, on your being, which is a result of your pure awareness, your consciousness, before it is focused into the mind. Your mind is cancerous, my friend, it must be transcended.  :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #3354569 - 11/13/04 05:32 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Still going strong Magnum. :grin: Thought I would add a bit of my own stuff...

On Advanced Mental Capability and Strange Occurrences while Tripping (LSD/Psilocybin):

I have experienced a bright white orb that flashed into and faded out of "reality."  Yes I was on LSD, but let me assure you I have still never hallucinated anything like that to this day. And I have tripped a lot more/harder since.  It also brought with it great feeling and presence. I was awestruck and under love(feeling extremely content) during its brief presence(dunno how long...prolly only a minute...but it felt like ages).

If it was a hallucination(could have been, but doubt it)...it was by far the most intriguing I've ever had in my life...

Secondly- I had an experience with two friends when we all took mushrooms. It started off normal, but about 1/2-way into the trip my friend started telling some completely made up story and me and my other friend listened intently. Before long we had all concocted this elaborate story...but the weird thing was...we all knew the story and we were filling in parts/sentences for others as they left them unfilled. I completed many sentences for my friend that night...everytime he freaked out on me. "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT???"  Soon all three of us we're doing it non-stop. It was almost as if the words stopped and I think they did at times. This was years ago but I'm pretty sure it went like this...

We broke the language barrier and were all connected to the same thought/consciousness.

We laughed, cried...hugged and grabbed each others facing screaming...it was amazing.  After a while we figured it out..."Telepathy is real..we are communicating here." After concluding all of this, we spent the rest of the trip "talking" about telepathy and what this meant to us now. We were all awestruck...it was so unbelievable to start...but then it all made sense. Forced to understand that telepathy is a real thing. It changed our lives forever.  :grin:

Just relating some stories to ones I read in this thread...

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Teragon]
    #3354572 - 11/13/04 05:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

So, in context, is there a way telepathy could help me score with chicks?  :what:

--------------------

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3354612 - 11/13/04 05:57 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Someone prove it. For I, think it is unreal. For I think everything is generated by chance.

It can and will happen kind of thing.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Tag_Number]
    #3354621 - 11/13/04 06:01 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Heh. You're coming off as kind of a poor man's Swami.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3354932 - 11/13/04 10:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the space of accidentality.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #3356272 - 11/13/04 05:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

note to any young poeple interested in this stuff. telekinesis can kill you i've been told. telepahty is not a toy, about 2 months ago during an attempt at telepathic interface i had a severe panic attack (differnt from anxiety, and by severe i mean almost psychedelic in severity) when i tried to come back out of it. since then i've had a loss of ability to focus (focusing on anything too hard makes me feel like i'm about to have a panic attack). there is a reason we have blocks up to other poeple, and there is a reason why poeple don't just go around moving shit subconsciously. especially don't play around with advanced stuff until you're positive you have the basics down. especially stay away from mirror constructs and other poeple's internal shielding ( :] duh, but some poeple have as poor good judgement as i do)

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3356288 - 11/13/04 05:21 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You got to be kidding. That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. I have NEVER seen an instance of telekinesis let alone hearing that someone could die from it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3361719 - 11/14/04 10:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

if you've never seen an instance of it i would hardly expect you to have heard of people dying from it. it causes changes in blood chemistry (i forget, i know potassium is one of them, i forget what the other one is). the larger the effort (not neccassarily the effect) the larger the possible effect on blood chemistry.
i think in most poeple its potassium and something else drops (glucose maybe?) in some poeple its spikes.

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot, this is my own personal advice, if you begin to make progress in telepathy or are choosing people to practice on, make sure you don't pick poeple with emotional/mental problems, poeple who practice or believe in magic or esoteric systems differnt than you're own and poeple who don't agree to it (the last one i break alot. in retrospect the initial practice should defintely be done with poeple you trust who won't fuck your shit up if you get a major success one day)

--------------------

Edited by truekimbo2 (11/14/04 10:45 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3361781 - 11/14/04 10:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Potassium is an element and cannot be transmuted by the body.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Swami]
    #3361886 - 11/14/04 11:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

whoops, i meant in blood potassium. not overall body pottassium

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3361906 - 11/14/04 11:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

id like to jump in with some relevant stuff here.

first of all i have never experienced telekinesis, however, i think that is not a good reason to disbelieve it. Unlike other paranormal phenomenon, TK would theoretically only appear if an individual actively sought out and practiced that ability. Do to the fact that the majority of people have never heard of it, dont believe in it, or dont care about it, you could assume only 1 in many thousand people would devote the time nescessary.

I can agree with the general belief that the human potential is essentially unlimited, however i think even the simpelest of these feats (rotating a toothpick) would take tremendous effort, so things like walking on water would be achieved by only incredibly rare individuals, awakend beings like christ or mohammed...

Also, i tend to if not believe in the paranormal, not disbelieve in it out of hand. i have no doubt that their are whole realms of possibility that science, a worthy tool though it is, has never even aproached explaining. just because science doesnt understand it or hasnt yet tested it certainly doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

How many thousands of years did it take for people to discover natural forces like magnetics, radio frequencies, gamma rays, ultra violet light...
all of thjis stuff has existed in nature forever but it took forever for us to discover it. how many more undiscoverd invisible forces still exist to be harnessed?

bio kinetics, the healing of the body with the mind, is a proven fact. Placebo studies have confirmed that the mental factor of belief, is more than suffiecient to perform various acts of physicological healing. A placebo administerd by a trusted official like a doctor or medicine man, can be more than 50% as effective as a real medicine. Even burn victims have been sucesfully treated with placebo morphine.

personally i have experienced at least 2 incidents of ESP, unexpected and very very hard to explain... i have told the story before so i wont go into it again, but the fact that something like ESP can exist without any explanation in science makes me think that TK might also.

i personally wouldnt practice TK simple because the method is too boring and arduous and the results are basically nill. so you can spin a toothpick? yay.

Id rather learn things like Out of body travel, lucid dreaming, and such as that. Things that are basically trippy and fun...

OH AND ANOTHER THING:

Paranormal happenings on drugs! wow! this is so hard to talk about because as soon as you say i was high when it happend your credibility is shot, but personally i have experienced uncanny degrees of 'simultaneous shared hallucinations' that are very hard to explain, as well as telepathy on mushrooms.

:tongue:

perrsonally i thank all of you who put in the time to explore this stuff.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3361952 - 11/14/04 11:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i don't quite understand that.  i'm sure everyone here has shared hallucinations at one point.  it happens every single time i trip with poeple and we look at the same thing at the same time (although it now makes me uncomfortable so i don't entertain it).

seems like everyone who had been tripping with thier friends, you look across the street and there is a gnome or some shit there, and then someone says, do you see that gnome and you say yeah i've been looking at him for 30 seconds.  i mean...  shrug.  just drug magic completely independant of reality ? :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3361984 - 11/14/04 11:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

"reality is independent of that which is real"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Gomp]
    #3362007 - 11/14/04 11:46 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

exaactly man. ive definetly had many drug experiences that logic even looking back on it sober, made me believe had some reality outside of drug hallucination.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3362057 - 11/14/04 11:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i'll never forgot the time me and my friends were walking down a long long long long long road to the beach. they had previously told me about the man with the "circus sounding" car horn. so we're walking and then this car drives by, and right when it gets to us he hits his horn and its the clowny song, but something circusy, and my friends start laughing hysterically. about 20 minutes later he comes back and again, right as he goes by us he hits it again (the horn lasted for like 5-10 seconds so he wasn't just doing it continously.)

off topic but still the art of high wierdness.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3362123 - 11/15/04 12:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

"it causes changes in blood chemistry (i forget, i know potassium is one of them, i forget what the other one is). the larger the effort (not neccassarily the effect) the larger the possible effect on blood chemistry."

If this were true then telekinesis would be a practiced art based in science...not conjecture. As I am someone who has had extensive medical training (EMT) your explantion does not impress me.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3362347 - 11/15/04 01:37 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hmm, thats comforting to me, since i consider it a practiced art based on science.

--------------------

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
    #3362845 - 11/15/04 06:33 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

As to how it is possible, you could go down the "power of the mind" route i.e. anything that you truly believe in, will be possible and can be done. I personally don't find that total belief = reality, as different people have conflicting beliefs, but I guess you might be able to /alter/ or /bend/ reality based on what you believe.

If you fully, 100% believe that what is happening, is actually happening..then IT IS! Truth is in the eye of the beholder, as i just told swami :smile:

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3363054 - 11/15/04 09:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I was pretty convinced that I was dead once. Not once actually. Another time I believed sincerely that every bone in my body was shattering, I could feel the pain as real as I feel these keys when I type.

But I'm still breathing, and all my bones are intact. If you believe something completely, and it is true, it is not true because you believe it completely, but rather more likely that you believe it completely because it is true, and it has evidence to support it.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineDaFilosafa
Stranger
    #3363620 - 11/15/04 01:20 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Actually buddhists and hindus believe that these powers such as telekenisis, telepathy etc originate from the astral plane, and can be gained by meditation, of course it takes a little time but it is thier and they do exist, because if you think about it such things as bending a spoon is only a manipulation of energy, and of course the astral plane is your thoughts which creates energy which in turn creates matter.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: DaFilosafa]
    #3363640 - 11/15/04 01:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

because if you think about it such things as bending a spoon is only a manipulation of energy

Spoon bending can be done by any stage magician using the mechanical force from his hand. Uri Geller was a fraud.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3363657 - 11/15/04 01:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I made my fart gas move across a room with fans running. I used my mind to control it's direction. My friend was sitting near the fan I was in front of it. He smelled it very bad. Does this count?

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #3363686 - 11/15/04 01:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, do you trust your friend to tell the truth Fucknuckle?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3363715 - 11/15/04 01:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah Jesus has a great sniffer........... :lol:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3363737 - 11/15/04 01:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I think that in order to manipulate gross, you must first understand the subtle. I spend much time meditating on what is the animus, the animating force of all things. Human beings, coastlines, galaxies, hurricanes, snail shells, all exhibit the "golden ratio" the number phi. This ratio simply means that we are essentially fractals, with each part representative of the whole. My goal is to find how much "sameness" there is in a world of differences. I think that once you find out what part of you is within all parts, reality and all its glory unfolds before you.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy, mind over matter, telekinesis [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3363816 - 11/15/04 02:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

interesting DMTtryper, verr intersting. the idea of us all being fractals, parts of the whole, would sync up perfectly with the seperate field of thought on the holographic universe. any chance you could post or PM me a relevant link/summary?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3363915 - 11/15/04 02:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I think that once you find out what part of you is within all parts, reality and all its glory unfolds before you.

You think that because you hope it to be so or because you have had the cosmic glory unfold for you?

--------------------

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3363976 - 11/15/04 02:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

LOL, I'm feeling the ATHF, pissed I missed last nights episode.. but I digress. A good book that I read was "the golden ratio" written by an italian mathmatician (mario livio I believe?). It details the "omnipresent" nature of specific ratios, not only in "nature", but it art, architecture, and music. It talks about how most of what we consider humanity's greatest works are exhibitions of these "golden" ratios. I personally realized that fractals are basically self-similar. This to me sounded like the whole biblical idea of us being "made in gods own likeness". I think that more and more people are going to realize that the reason why we feel as if we are actually the creators of our own little reality is that we are "gods" in the initial stages of development, or perhaps that our "little-reality" is simply a smaller (but still complete) aspect of the greater-reality manifested by an infinitely more developed being. Chinese medicine actually draws parallels in that accupuncture/accupressure points in the hands, feet, ears, etc. are said to essentially be maps of the whole body (this is the theory behind reflexology). This would make sense if our body parts did in fact represent our being as a whole. This gets deep when you think of the implications (what we are really capable of) and what responsiblity is implied by our be-ing being such an integral part of the universal whole.

p.s. Swami, I try to avoid speaking specifically about my own, subjective, reality, because it is difficult for me to do, and not very well understood by those who haven't experienced the same things that I have. I can tell you truthfully, that I do not write about anything that I haven't lived. I have experienced atonement within myself, and in creating unity within my individual persona, I have experienced unity with the "greater", collective persona. It is not something that I alone experience, many do, it is about choosing to see the being in the human, the being in the animal, the being in the earth rather than flesh, fur, or dirt. When I realized that "being" is what we all share, I no longer had anything to truly fear because that would literally imply being afraid of myself. This is not to say that the state of "collective awareness" is permanent, but rather one side of the coin, the other being the ego-centered "individualist". I think that this is what is refered to as satva, or balance. Realizing that there is a passive, calm, detached part of our being(tamas) as well as a passionate, driven, attached part as well(rajas).

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3364040 - 11/15/04 03:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

well dmttrypr you have been added to my list of people who have eerily similar ideas to my own. Have you read some of my posts? you could be taking some of those words right out my head.

This kind of thing is comon and leads me to believe some force of enlightenment is leading many of us in different situations toward very similar truths.

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male

Loc: Under the C
    #18223449 - 05/06/13 07:07 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
note to any young poeple interested in this stuff. telekinesis can kill you i've been told.  telepahty is not a toy, about 2 months ago during an attempt at telepathic interface i had a severe panic attack (differnt from anxiety, and by severe i mean almost psychedelic in severity) when i tried to come back out of it.  since then i've had a loss of ability to focus (focusing on anything too hard makes me feel like i'm about to have a panic attack).  there is a reason we have blocks up to other poeple, and there is a reason why poeple don't just go around moving shit subconsciously.    especially don't play around with advanced stuff until you're positive you have the basics down.  especially stay away from mirror constructs and other poeple's internal shielding (  :] duh, but some poeple have as poor good judgement as i do)

Add another reason the lame excuse list.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon DXM, San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology