Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

it is foolish for democrats support dean
    #2220915 - 01/05/04 03:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

what the democrats need if they want someone who may be able to beat bush is someone closer to center. they need someone who can sway moderate republicans. dean will not get many of these votes. he's a hardcore lefty. let's say they put up wesely clark. there's a guy much closer to center. he might be able to sway some moderate republicans. the hardcore democrats will not vote for bush either way, but the moderates on both sides would sooner vote for clark than dean. dean may be the frontrunner for now, but someone closer to center will have a much better chance of beating bush in a national election.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: it is foolish for democrats support dean [Re: ]
    #2220962 - 01/05/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The NRA seems to like Dean, so he might be able to sway moderate republicans for whom the most important issue is gun control. From what I've heard, he's also fairly conservative(at least for a Democrat) when it comes to the economy. He's not as far-left as people make him out to be. If it wasn't for the issues of gay civil unions and the Iraq war, he might be considered moderate.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
    #2221084 - 01/05/04 04:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I nominate Ron Jeremy.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
Re: it is foolish for democrats support dean [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2221116 - 01/05/04 04:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ron Jeremy would definately ged the Democrat vote.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #2221209 - 01/05/04 05:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have NEVER voted for a Democrat for president. However, Bush is so bad that I am considering changing my voting strategy of voting for the best candidate (usually from a 'third' party) to voting for the lesser of two evils just to get rid of Bush. I am NOT the only one of a libertarian or traditional conservative bent who has expressed that this may be an option, I have read a couple of authors on conservative and libertarian web sites who may do the same. Republicans have taken traditional conservatives and libertarian Republicans for granted for too long. I prefer Dean's stance on gun control over Bush's, at least his is geared more towards states rights than our little dictator's.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: it is foolish for democrats support dean [Re: Autonomous]
    #2221246 - 01/05/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I can't say I blame you as Bush hasn't been much of a conservative, however, if you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you'll still be voting for Bush.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: it is foolish for democrats support dean [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2221281 - 01/05/04 06:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I sincerely doubt that Dean would be any more evil than Bush given the Bush administration's record on civil rights legislation (Patriot Acts I & II), deficit spending, trampling on the constitutional rights of American citizens (Padilla), increased domestic spending, military adventurism, crony capitalism, unwillingness to address illegal immigration in a constructive manner, the lack of the use of the veto and support for the extension of gun control legislation which is set to expire.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2221292 - 01/05/04 06:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'll disagree. I think that like most politicians, Dean will do far worse than what he admits to.

I've lived in a state near VT for several years now and have seen him in action.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2221343 - 01/05/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Bush is well on his way to creating the new New Deal, Hah, hah.

Anonymous

#2221718 - 01/05/04 09:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I would have trouble conceiving how Bush could do any worse than he has.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2224745 - 01/07/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not even going to read past the first post in this thread. Anyone who calls Dean a "hardcore lefty" isn't the shrewd political spectator he thinks he is. Anyone who knows anything knows that Dean is an expert politician who has gone after Bush and after his war like mad to rouse his base for the primaries (often referred to as "moving left). Come the general election, Dean will have some tricks up his sleeve to get centrists and even some conservatives on his side. He's a fiscal hawk, who has balanced the budget in Vermont every year he was Gov, even though he didn't have to (but I guess conservatives forgot they like balanced budgets, at least ones named Bush anyway), he's strong on the military (he already talks tougher on North Korea, an actual threat, than Bush ever has).

And finally, how many "hardcore leftys" have received an A+ rating from the NRA?

Also, it's NONSENSE that moving to the center is smart for the Democrats. In one of the debates with Bush, Gore agreed with Bush on something like 37 out of 50 issues. Not sure if that's exactly what I heard a year or two ago, but that shows you that most swing voters didn't really see a difference in the candidates presented to them. They either stayed home or they voted for the Candidate that they'd rather have a beer with. Or, the one that didn't act like a pompous jackass (with his sighing and such), hence they voted Bush.

Of course, Gore did still get the popular vote. And the electoral vote, barring the illegal purge list in Florida, stealing thousands of votes from Gore. (No, I won't shut up about that.)

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2224753 - 01/07/04 12:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Autonomous said:
I have NEVER voted for a Democrat for president. However, Bush is so bad that I am considering changing my voting strategy of voting for the best candidate (usually from a 'third' party) to voting for the lesser of two evils just to get rid of Bush. I am NOT the only one of a libertarian or traditional conservative bent who has expressed that this may be an option, I have read a couple of authors on conservative and libertarian web sites who may do the same. Republicans have taken traditional conservatives and libertarian Republicans for granted for too long. I prefer Dean's stance on gun control over Bush's, at least his is geared more towards states rights than our little dictator's.

Shit, I guess I did read past the first post. Autonomous, you're the conservative we need back in power in this country. Screw this neo-con shit.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top Pages: 1