Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Brain washing
    #2217611 - 01/04/04 02:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Part of the ol uncle sam plan. Mainly pop from the 30s to the early 80s was all brain washing to the gov. I think the know how to do it now to be not detected. We are being brain washed by the shadow gov.

The TV thing happended a lot.

Look we live in a world of brain washing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Divine state

Re: Brain washing [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2217617 - 01/04/04 02:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Still do...

Divine state

#2217620 - 01/04/04 02:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

But im just one number also.

Divine state

#2217624 - 01/04/04 02:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

|-| a x 0 r

I got my eye on you.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2217625 - 01/04/04 02:18 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Readily apparent in the 1950's... just look at it... look at it. Ever seen blast from the past... yeah, that sort of eerie weird consumeristic... wait, dont you think it could have been just very deceptice advertising? The government always capitalizes on romantic visions it seems... at least our government. *sigh*.... What else can you think of?

--------------------
What?

Divine state

#2217629 - 01/04/04 02:20 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Things do not appear as they seem.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2217630 - 01/04/04 02:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The quick fix then is to kill the T.V.

I'm curious, how many hours a day do you watch?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineShizpow
Street Samurai

Loc: Oregon
Re: Brain washing [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2217817 - 01/04/04 04:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I always have to laugh when I hear people denounce the T.V. entirely. Saying "Kill your T.V." is the same as saying "Destroy all the printing presses." Yeah, there's mind numbing programming on MTV and misleading, even untruthful news on the networks. But there are also mind numbing romance novels and misleading thruthless news printed on the same presses that give us access to Orwell, Hemingway, James Joyce, and Hunter Thompson. Do not discredit and disparage an entire medium of information transmission just because some of the information is crap. Choose to use your T.V. (and VCR, DVD player, etc...) wisely, and it is a powerful tool for learning...every bit as powerful as reading a book. If you can't see that, then you're watching the wrong things.

--------------------
If you cut a face lengthwise, urinate on it, and trample on it with straw sandles, it is said that the skin will come off. This was heard by the priest Gyojaku when he was in Kyoto. It is information to be treasured.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Brain washing [Re: Shizpow]
    #2217829 - 01/04/04 04:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. I hate Rush Limbaugh. But I listen to him occasionally to hear what he is saying to his massive audience. How are they thinking.

Same with T.V. I haven't really watched T.V. since, oh, 1986. For instance, I didn't watch my first episode of M.A.S.H. until the re-runs came out at 11:00 p.m.

But it is good to watch T.V. to understand your audience. Who is watching it, and why. At what grade level are the programs geared. At what stage is society stagnated.

Personally, I am out of touch with our world, which is why I don't understand, on another thread, who "the Man" is. If I don't listen to the news, don't watch T.V., don't read the newspaper, don't work with other people, then I am out of touch with society, even if that society is blindly following "the Man", or doing what the Man tells him to do.

I am bored with our world, for various reasons. But maybe I should start being interested again, even if it's only to understand how others think, and why.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

Re: Brain washing [Re: Frog]
    #2217860 - 01/04/04 05:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What they are doing is called conditioning, you have to be capable independent thought to begin with to be brain washed by something new. Which I find it difficult to believe any MTV viewers do.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Brain washing [Re: HATU]
    #2218179 - 01/04/04 11:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

All governments have used powers to influence the masses. I don't understand why this is a hard concept for people (the general public) to understand.

Our minds are always susceptible to information, and if we look up to a source, like many people trust Doctors, Lawyers, Government Officials, etc - then we are 10 times more likely to be influenced by their actions, statements, laws, etc.

Personally - I am one of the few who, although I haven't completely broken free, nor do I wish to - of outer influence...I can almost ALWAYS notice it.

I stopped going to Doctors, even though I have a serious dis-ease. The reason being, I don't believe their practice is truthful, and I've straight up told many Doctors that I find their methods inefficient, expensive, and usually fail.

Self-Empowerment is a wonderful thing, but unfortunately - not many people are willing to seperate themselves from their sources of comfort, security, and entertainment - which happen to be the same sources that brianwash them.

Anonymous

#2218258 - 01/04/04 01:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shizpow said:
I always have to laugh when I hear people denounce the T.V. entirely. Saying "Kill your T.V." is the same as saying "Destroy all the printing presses." Yeah, there's mind numbing programming on MTV and misleading, even untruthful news on the networks. But there are also mind numbing romance novels and misleading thruthless news printed on the same presses that give us access to Orwell, Hemingway, James Joyce, and Hunter Thompson. Do not discredit and disparage an entire medium of information transmission just because some of the information is crap. Choose to use your T.V. (and VCR, DVD player, etc...) wisely, and it is a powerful tool for learning...every bit as powerful as reading a book. If you can't see that, then you're watching the wrong things.

I disagree to some extent. Television is not the same as reading and there have been some very interesting studies done on what television does to a person that a book could never do. And they are all bad.

I do not have TV reception nor would I pay 30 bucks a month for the very little I could get out of it. I have friends with a hundred channels and the things I would like to see would end up costing me 15-30 bucks for the one or two shows I might be interested in, if that.

Fuck television.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Brain washing [Re: ]
    #2218388 - 01/04/04 02:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, television is different than a book. You can learn alot more about how animals live and behave from a nature documentary than you can from its textual equiva lent.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Brain washing [Re: Positronius]
    #2218526 - 01/04/04 03:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, if you flip the pages fast enough.... :smirk:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

#2218591 - 01/04/04 04:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You have to understand that it is not just the broadcasted content of television that is bad, but the technology itself. The television, even if displaying educational programming, is still a brainwashing machine. After watching a TV for only 30 seconds the brain shifts to an alpha-wave state, which is an unfocused receptive state where the brain is doing very little active thinking. Ever notice how when a TV is on in a room your eyes seem to be drawn to it, even if the sound isn't on? I recommend this article at Scientific American about the hypnotic and addictive effects of television: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0005339B-A694-1CC5-B4A8809EC588EEDF&catID=2

To anyone still interested in how television physically affects the brain/body I'd recommend the book Four Arguments For the Elimination of Television by Jerry Mander. This is not a book by some Mormon Luddite freak but an analysis of how light/sound/color/etc from TV affects humans, using research studies, and the book does not address the actual TV programming whatsoever.

A CRT PC monitor would have some of the same effects as a TV, except that PC monitors have a higher refresh rate, and images on the screen are not switching every second. So the strobing from a PC monitor is faster, and the content is interactive, so I'd say it's not quite as bad.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2218750 - 01/04/04 05:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

>A CRT PC monitor would have some of the same effects as a TV, except that PC monitors have a higher refresh rate, and images on the screen are not switching every second. So the strobing from a PC monitor is faster, and the content is interactive, so I'd say it's not quite as bad.

May be not for brainwashing but is dam more addictive, who can live a few weeks without there net connection ?

T.V is bad though I dont trust it especialy with some of thoes weird adverts they put on, trying to get inside your mind.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (01/04/04 05:59 PM)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2218786 - 01/04/04 06:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Overlay upon overylay upon overlay.

Started with simple images.

Now it's a flood.

Dangerous world we live in.

What's up with the full moon syndrome?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Anonymous

#2218999 - 01/04/04 08:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Max.  Those are some of the studies I was referring to. :smile:

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
    #2219270 - 01/04/04 11:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Me too, MM>

I havent' had a tv that could show more than pbs and cbs in years...

I thought this thread was about brainwashing people with power plants??? Cause the title is TEK, I gotta tek for ya...

Edited by medicinebag (01/04/04 11:28 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2219320 - 01/04/04 11:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Max. Those are some of the studies I was referring to.

I saw those studies on the Discovery channel else I wouldn't have known.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology