Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do
    #1577719 - 05/26/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Our brain is a computer. Granted, it has control of a living body, and its components are diffrent, but all in all, it is a computer.
Ever wonder how are thoughts from day to day come to be formed? Ever wonder why for some people, getting off their couch and walking down to the supermarket is impossible (depression, maybe, or fear of confrotnation), while other people live in the limelight? Why some people are content with the television and a bag of chips and other people aren't satisfied until they are the head of a corporation?
When we start off, we aren't that different from each other. I mean, they're are physical differences, different genetic makeups and all that, but for the most part, we're alike. Then we head out on our journey, each person experiencing different things. One's mom might die at an early age. One might have all the toys he wants.
Anyways, what I'm saying, is that every experience in some degree helps program our mind. Our thought patterns are based on the past, what has already happened. Our ego needs some sort of model to compare our new experiences to, so it compares them to what we have already experienced. This is how our individual identies form. The more we let our ego build on this massive operating program of "the way the world is", the more we becoming unflexible, the less change we accept.
People develop addictions to things. They start to think that they have to have a sense of security. They get a taste of power and love how it feels. They compare their moment to moment experiences to what has already happened ("this party isn't as near as fun as last week's." "my day sucked compared to yesterday") or what they want to happen ("my ride was suspossed to be here on time "i was suspossed to get an A on that test") They want everything to be a certain way, and if they become to attached to their ideas of what is suspossed to be, they are bound to run into some negative feelings (boredom, anger, resentment, worry, etc).
Like I said earlier, I think our thoughts that we have right now program our minds operating instructions for tomorrow. We've told ourselves the way things "are", or at least picked them up from the outside world as we grew up.
We need to free ourselves from these bullshit addictions. We don't need to be addicted to not having ignorant people around. We don't need to be addicted to having fun every second. We don't need to be addicted to what happened in the past, so what happened then needs to happen or not need to happen now.
We need to learn to flow with the current. I think what shroomz do, is they take off the programming that we have built up about what "is", and they allow us to just flow with the tide and enjoy the eternal here and now.
We can enjoy the eternal here and now on a 24 hour basis, too. But it takes a lot of hard work. All we need to do is use the thoughts we have now to program ourselves out of the unnecessary filth programming that we created.
Basically, we just need to become aware of the addictions we've developed, and get rid of them. Anytime you have an unpleasant feeling, right there, that's the first step. Find out what is causing the feeling to arise, it might be as simple as your car breaking down, and you get all pissed off at everyone and everything, or it might be a deep-rooted anxiety or fear.
With the car breaking down as an example, why do we have to get so emotionally upset and angry? Yes. The fact that the car broke down sucks. It was better to be crusing down the road with the air conditioner running with IN FLAMES playing, and now you're going to be late to pick up your girlfriend. But, what the fuck can we do about the car breaking down? It broke down. No matter how pissed off and worked up we get about it, it is still fucking broke. No way to go back through time and prevent it from happening. You can hate yourself for not keeping your car tuned up and you can hate the people who sold you the parts, but the car is still broke and you are still going to have to do something about it.
So, why do we have to get angry? We don't.
Anyways, I'm covering a huge topic here, and can't remember half of what I said, but I will recommend The Guidebook to Higher Consciousness by (I think) Alan Keyes. At least the last name is correct. Email me if you have any comments.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1577744 - 05/26/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it has to do mainly with various small genetic variances and the amazing differences in what each brain "records" through the senses (due to their environment and these genetic variances which occur almost unavoidably with every species we know of.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#1577748 - 05/26/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

GREAT POST :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: Strumpling]
    #1577751 - 05/26/03 02:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, but we all get exposed to a wide variety of different experiences. Not one person has the exact experience that others do, simply because it is a different point of view. As a child, we picked up all the habits and patterns of people around us. If all the people around us didn't live in a healthier, more conscious lifestyle, it wouldn't come naturally to us, and we have to do the work ourselves, the hard way.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: Clean]
    #1577754 - 05/26/03 02:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GREAT POST :grin::grin::grin::grin: 

Thanks.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1577771 - 05/26/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Yeah, but we all get exposed to a wide variety of different experiences. Not one person has the exact experience that others do, simply because it is a different point of view."

That's what I was saying.. each brain has different recordings than the next.

"If all the people around us didn't live in a healthier, more conscious lifestyle, it wouldn't come naturally to us, and we have to do the work ourselves, the hard way."

That's what I was saying.. "due to their environment" heh looks like we're on the same page :smile:

peace.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/26/03 03:09 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: Strumpling]
    #1577783 - 05/26/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, you were just reinforcing what I stated (too much shit to say all at once to get into too big of detail).
Another good way to look at life is from the audience. If there is some sort of space that your consciousness can watch the events of your life go by in, life will be a lot more peaceful and calm overall, because the bad things won't bring you down. Of course, there is a healthy way you could go with this, and a more incomplete, negative side. (Catatonic states, psychosis, and all of that). I think the difference is that with the positive view, you still actively control your life for the better of yourself. You still experience it all. It isn't like you've locked your head into a box with no control of your life or any feeling.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1578311 - 05/26/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes, good post

aunt gets her car ran into and she crys and crys, shit im thinking its just a car?

Then agian ive never really cared for cars, like others around me did. hehe, maybe im the wierd one.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #1578571 - 05/26/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

you're suggesting people let go of the ego by banishing desire and addiction, yet, aren't you contradicting yourself by merely suggesting what people "need"?

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #1578756 - 05/26/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Albino_Jesus: you're suggesting people let go of the ego by banishing desire and addiction, yet, aren't you contradicting yourself by merely suggesting what people "need"?

Hmm...
This could get very complicated very fast.
So let's not do that.

I think fireworks_god is merely speaking of the "center".
Understanding ourselves is not necessary for survival, however on a broader level, where compassion plays a role, I think that figuring out exactly who we are (the self) is indeed necessary.

This entire matter can be reduced to: Which is more important, ourselves or others? Or are both equally important? And so on and so forth.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #1578757 - 05/26/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that exactly the problem with people telling people stuff

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Why Our Brains Work the Way They Do [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1579986 - 05/26/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I was def & blind, knowing no lies.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1580139 - 05/26/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, I was just thinking of this sorta thing.  :shocked:  :tongue:  :smirk:

Well........sorta.  :crazy:

What if our brains are just biological computers that are so big, that no two people could have the same imprinting, and thus this makes us who we are. As we evolve, we are able to become more unique as individuals as our brain changes. One monkey is very simmilar to another monkey, right? We humans have more uniqueness with just 2 more genes. Isn't that strange?

If someone made two giant supercomputers thats could learn, and put them both on opposite sides of earth before turning them on, they WOULD learn differently and eventually become unique! You see my point?

And what if our brains were just like giant blank hard-drives?  :shocked:

DNA would create different brains, based somewhat off of the structure of mother and father. Subtle changes, yes, but as time generations pass, the change is very noticeable and becomes imprinted into DNA as part of the base programing; instincts. The changes would most likely be good changes because the parents have survived their years in the world to this point- Darwins Theroy. I totally agree with him on this. Evolution is such a fact that I don't know how anyone else can't believe in it. Besides it being prooveable by science, it's so noticeable throughout our lifetime! I'm sure you can see it too.

Sorry 'bout the ramble. :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (05/27/03 12:00 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2199234 - 12/24/03 05:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Now that the search function is up, I have went through a lot of my old posts, and I feel that this one needs to be bumped up. We have a lot of new perspectives around now that I wouldn't mind hearing from. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order