Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
The Brain
    #1341287 - 02/27/03 05:03 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

A random assortment of molecules and carbon, is this all we are? Is this all there is to our existence? We tell ourselves no, but science says yes. Surely there is much more to life than just our brains. Something besides this pink puddle of matter has to keep us in existence.

Life is simple until our brains decide to make it more complicated than it really is. Maybe life is life, simply that. Nothing else until our brains tell us it must be more complicated than this. Man feels a strange need to justify his existence, whether it is with religion or a career. Can man be happy if his life does not have a purpose? Or do we need some ultimate goal to keep us functioning. Our brains do nothing but divide us. Without individual thought we would not be able to distinguish ourselves from others.

The brain creates almost everything that we have accepted as a way of life. War is not natural, but our brains tell us it?s a part of life. War does not exist; it?s merely a creation of man. Something our brains have created. What do we fight for, the piece of cloth we call a flag? That?s all countries are, pieces of cloth. These pieces of cloth do not take on different meaning until our brain makes them different. We fail to realize that we?re all people, we?re all related somehow. Each of us contains a part of each other. When another human is killed we loose part of ourselves. These pieces of cloth just get in the way of human advancement. Once we can stop worrying about these false worries that our countries create we can join together and advance as a whole.

Thousands of years ago man took a turn for the worse, he chose greed over enlightenment. We chose to falsify our existence with greed. The concept of possession is what could have started this downward spiral. The point where man believes he has rights to a product of the earth while another man does not is where we went wrong. Mother Nature provided us with land, fruits, and water to share for survival, not to sell for money. It?s this concept of possession that is responsible for everything that we know today. Without this concept malls and home ownership would be unheard of. Imagine watching people as a person who has never seen human behavior before. What would you think of people taking natural resources and selling them for money? Things that have been put here for survival, not money. Some may argue however, that greed is an innate behavior preprogrammed into our brains as a survival tactic, this is unknown and will remain unknown.

The brain is an amazing thing. All of our thoughts and actions can be attributed to it. Each person has a unique pattern of thought. Every person takes one subject and observes it from a totally different frame of mind. Our brains are patterns carved deep into a piece of wood, all interconnected to form a giant map. Our thoughts are water that run through this map, flowing in different directions with each though. Our brains are what give meaning to certain things. If a few people were to look at a picture of a run down street in the ghetto some would find much more meaning in it than others. Some see a street that needs to be cleaned up; others see a gruesome reality of poverty and suffering. These different thoughts can be attested to our different personalities. Where do personalities come from then? Is it something we?re born with, or something we learn over time? It?s been proven that a child raised under the care of an alcoholic is more likely to have drinking problems as they mature. This in a way shows how important memories are. Our entire existence is based on memories. Without a memory we would not be able to hunt, eat, or drink. Every part of the body is responsible for one task needed for survival. The brain is where all of this meets to form a well oiled machine we call a human. So ask yourself this: Is the brain life, or just a part of life?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Brain [Re: Cherk]
    #1341293 - 02/27/03 05:06 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Discussion about the brain is a science topic.

Discussion about the mind is a philosophical topic.

Which is this?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1341554 - 02/27/03 08:01 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

"A random assortment of molecules and carbon, is this all we are?"

Its anything but random, man.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: The Brain [Re: ]
    #1341564 - 02/27/03 08:10 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

I think its about the connection, isn't it? which is a philosophical issue. The old mind, body, soul connection topic.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: The Brain [Re: enotake2]
    #1341804 - 02/28/03 12:50 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

What ^^^ he said.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

#1341928 - 02/28/03 02:44 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

The mind-body connection is as follows:

A pile of bricks is just a pile of bricks, but with the right networking, it could become a wall, or a house.  A NEW entity with specific properties arises from the networking of the individuals.

A pile of car parts is just a pile until someone assembles them together into a working car.

In this way, the brain could be called just a bunch of neurons and chemicals, but as you can PLAINLY see, it's way more than that.  It is no more than the sum of it's parts, but it's the way in which they are arranged that something new and wonderful is created.  Networking (THANK YOU MYCELIUM!) is how the 'next level' is always achieved in nature.  Atoms network to make molecules.  Molecules network to make cells.  Cells network to make tissues.  Tissues network to make organs.  And so on.  Humans network to make society, something capable of building skyscrapers, and other phenomenal things which are normally WAY beyond the scope of a capable human.

True intellect does not see a line between 'science' and 'spirituality'.
There is no distinction, just a fine gradient between the two extremes.  Science allows perfectly well for spirituality.  Every time I see someone questioning some 'stupid statement of science', I wonder why that person has created a completely false belief in their mind.  True science != CNN science reports.

There's a HUGE difference between science and propaganda.  The easy way to tell the difference is that real science does not confuse anything.  A true scientific look at something will never make you think 'that doesn't make any sense to me and my beliefs'!

It's morning time, so I could be talking out my ass.  Also, I finally got the lady upstairs to turn up the heat, and it jumped from 16 degrees C at night, to fucking 31 degrees last night.  God damned sauna in here, and my head hurts kuz I'm dehydrated, so my brain could have dried out and be totally fucked right now...  :confused:

Anonymous

Re: The Brain [Re: enotake2]
    #1342105 - 02/28/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

I think its about the connection, isn't it? which is a philosophical issue. The old mind, body, soul connection topic. 

:cool:  Thanks Eno!  I hate moving threads. :smile:

Cheers,

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1342147 - 02/28/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

"A random assortment of molecules and carbon, is this all we are? 
According to that model we are, and even if that is the case, that doesn't bother me
Is this all there is to our existence?  We tell ourselves no, but science says yes.  Surely there is much more to life than just our brains.  Something besides this pink puddle of matter has to keep us in existence. "

I think there is something more intelligent than our brains, like a galactic overmind.

"Life is simple until our brains decide to make it more complicated than it really is.  Maybe life is life, simply that.  Nothing else until our brains tell us it must be more complicated than this.  Man feels a strange need to justify his existence, whether it is with religion or a career.  Can man be happy if his life does not have a purpose?"

This all depends on the man, and how his brain is programmed. (brainwashed
)

"Or do we need some ultimate goal to keep us functioning.  Our brains do nothing but divide us.  Without individual thought we would not be able to distinguish ourselves from others. "

The brain is cabable of finding synchronicities and keeping unity, that means keep us together.  And in such states such as ego loss, you can't difrientiate yourself from others. 

"The brain creates almost everything that we have accepted as a way of life.  War is not natural, but our brains tell us it?s a part of life.  War does not exist; it?s merely a creation of man.  Something our brains have created.  What do we fight for, the piece of cloth we call a flag?  That?s all countries are, pieces of cloth.  These pieces of cloth do not take on different meaning until our brain makes them different.  We fail to realize that we?re all people, we?re all related somehow.  Each of us contains a part of each other.  When another human is killed we loose part of ourselves.  These pieces of cloth just get in the way of human advancement.  Once we can stop worrying about these false worries that our countries create we can join together and advance as a whole. "

War is natural to somepeople, and somepeople it is not natural.  You brain is way more complex than you would like to think.

"Thousands of years ago man took a turn for the worse, he chose greed over enlightenment.  We chose to falsify our existence with greed.  The concept of possession is what could have started this downward spiral.  The point where man believes he has rights to a product of the earth while another man does not is where we went wrong.  Mother Nature provided us with land, fruits, and water to share for survival, not to sell for money.  It?s this concept of possession that is responsible for everything that we know today.  Without this concept malls and home ownership would be unheard of.  Imagine watching people as a person who has never seen human behavior before.  What would you think of people taking natural resources and selling them for money?  Things that have been put here for survival, not money.  Some may argue however, that greed is an innate behavior preprogrammed into our brains as a survival tactic, this is unknown and will remain unknown.

The brain is an amazing thing.  All of our thoughts and actions can be attributed to it.  Each person has a unique pattern of thought.  Every person takes one subject and observes it from a totally different frame of mind.  Our brains are patterns carved deep into a piece of wood, all interconnected to form a giant map.  Our thoughts are water that run through this map, flowing in different directions with each though.  Our brains are what give meaning to certain things.  If a few people were to look at a picture of a run down street in the ghetto some would find much more meaning in it than others.  Some see a street that needs to be cleaned up; others see a gruesome reality of poverty and suffering.  These different thoughts can be attested to our different personalities.  Where do personalities come from then?  Is it something we?re born with, or something we learn over time?  It?s been proven that a child raised under the care of an alcoholic is more likely to have drinking problems as they mature.  This in a way shows how important memories are.  Our entire existence is based on memories.  Without a memory we would not be able to hunt, eat, or drink.  Every part of the body is responsible for one task needed for survival.  The brain is where all of this meets to form a well oiled machine we call a human.  So ask yourself this: Is the brain life, or just a part of life?"

I am honestly too lazy to go over the rest of the post, but think about what things I have sad.  :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom