Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
The robot revolution
    #2129524 - 11/22/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You know how old people say that when they were kids people told them they'd go on vacations to the moon? I get the impression there was a time when people believed that technology would set them free. And it has. Remember all those factory workers who used to slave away 8 hours every day 5 days a week? Well, I don't know where they are now, but I'm sure they're enjoying spending all their free time with their family, probably on a beach somewhere. Ahhh pass me some more cocaine. I can hardly wait till technology takes care of my job.. eventually I won't even have to be born.

The human race made a big mistake. The UN should have been predicting the rise of the robot and seen that its replacing of humans in the manual labour department would set us all back. There should have been laws that only individuals may own robots. This way if you worked in, say, a car factory, you could buy a robot to do your job and still get your pay. A portion of your pay would go towards maintaining the robot, and the rest would be yours.

So watch your back everybody. The robots are waging a war on humankind, but unlike the sci-fi stories, the robots haven't learned to self-reflect and coldly calculate humanity's destruction, NO! Instead, the heads of industry are leading these creatures to replace ussssss ahhhrrrrrraoruagrragoeeearoeuggggggh!!!!!!! Whatever happens the robots will have their way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The robot revolution [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2129536 - 11/22/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You crazy, crazy man. Give us something to actually discuss.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: The robot revolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2129561 - 11/22/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there's a lot of material in there, stop pretending to be stupid. For example, don't you think it's strange that the robots are succeeding in forwarding their diabolical plot to destroy mankind without actually having any kind of thoughts of their own? You know all those sci-fi books and movies about how the robots turn on humans and kill them all? Well, those ideas are coming from somewhere.. they're a kind of warning but someone, maybe the robots themselves are disguising the true plot which doesn't involve robots programming themselves.

It's humans programming robots! And look what we're doing! The robots are continually moving to a position where they can destroy us without being implicated in the conspiracy themselves, because they AREN'T ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING!! But of course, if you look at the results and assume for a moment that there are no motivations behind any plan in the universe, then you'll see that clearly the robots are hatching their plan to destroy us. It's such a good plan that nobody will believe me.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2129578 - 11/22/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There might be some material open for discussion. But presenting it in a matter that aids discussion might help.

Myself, I see it as a possibillity, but then again, we are become more aware. I don't see it leading to that.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2129585 - 11/22/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

we are becoming more aware? What does that mean?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2129612 - 11/22/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
we are becoming more aware? What does that mean?

More people are becoming aware of what this life is and the place we are in, to put it simply. The spread of ideas has spread such that some very crucial ideas that have been buried in a few throughout time are now easily accessible.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2129613 - 11/22/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No way. That's bullshit. Has a lot more to do with the way you are seeing the world than the world actually is.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2129615 - 11/22/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

robots arent destroying us.

Capitalism's inability to deal with the contention of technology advanced enough to make unskilled human labor economically obsolete is killing us.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2129617 - 11/22/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
No way. That's bullshit. Has a lot more to do with the way you are seeing the world than the world actually is. 

Yeah, the world hasn't evolved so that communication is instant and widespread, and that ideas that were once taken by the mass to be lunacy aren't now somewhat commonly understood.  :rolleyes:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2129621 - 11/22/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh.. THAT's what you're talking about ok fine

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2129627 - 11/22/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Mixomatosis is attempting to point out that most of the theories and ideas members of S&P believe in are ridiculous by purporting his own "theories" that are clearly inane. If it wasn't so arrogant it would be mildly humourous.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: The robot revolution [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2129779 - 11/22/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Mixomatosis is attempting to point out that most of the theories and ideas members of S&P believe in are ridiculous by purporting his own "theories" that are clearly inane."

care to back that up?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2129781 - 11/22/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think DoctorJ hit the nail on the head here...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: The robot revolution [Re: trendal]
    #2129843 - 11/23/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

at least third world labor is cheaper than robots. WE STILL HAVE HOPE!! oh wait...nope, we are screwed.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: The robot revolution [Re: trendal]
    #2129848 - 11/23/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I believe self aware, conscience robots with human and/or above level of intellegence and emotional capacity will be a reality within the next 100 years probably or someday atleast. Seems like many forget that these first machines will be raised by us, and likely based on our own brains. They will be just like us and will be subject to their environment and their genetics, or programming in their case. The first ones atleast will develope our values, our emotions, and our ethics. so the first robots will be no worse then us. though that might really be the root of our fears. But we will get to do the programming or atleast guide it, we will basically create their genetics, and we will have control over their environment, so we will atleast have some measure of control over who and what they become, like a parent has with a child. Maybe if we dont treat them nice they will rebel, or maybe they will have low self esteem and be completely obedient. Likely they will be just like us, some good, some bad, some crazy, some sain. Eventually if we dont start physcially merging with our technology they will surpass us, hell maybe they will anyways, despite our nano neural nets, bionic limbs and bio power cells, but the point is eventually they and maybe us too will become super intelligent, but all those emotions arent going to disappear, nor are their ethics, morality, and compasssion. In fact i would bet that with increased intelligence and ability to understand and do it all much faster then we can now on top of having an emotional capacity equal or greater to ours, they will be better people then we are currently in general, in every way. There may be a difficult time of transition. maybe there will be a war,(if there is i bet its because we treat them like shit) or maybe they will start taking peoples jobs, but eventually in the long run, we should together be able to create a society where everyone can just pretty much pursue there interests and no one will really have to work. Maybe it will be done by non conscience robots that we control (now that our expanded conscienceness lets us multi task like mad) or maybe the super intelligent machine race will want to take care of us, or maybe we together will build some new type of society. who knows, but the point is, that ultimately machine intelligence, and the integration of man and machine, will produce forms of life far better then us in every way. It may be a difficult path, but ultimately it is the best, and probably the only path. We aren't just going to quit now.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: The robot revolution [Re: ZenGecko]
    #2129866 - 11/23/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry, it just seemed obvious to me, if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

If you really think that women are objects or that robots are waging war on human kind rather than just making those comments for the sake of making a statement, well, that's certainly interesting.

Since your very first few posts were fairly rude comments on how irrational and ridiculous many of the ideas in here were, it wasn't a stretch of the imagination to interpret these "theories" the way I did.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: The robot revolution [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2130685 - 11/23/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

robots will never be able to "think" past their programming and will never develop emotions or a consciousness. sorry, it just won't be. there is something to life and consciousness that we don't/can't/will never understand and one of these things is how to create it ourselves. sure, the universe seems to follow a scientific and mathematical pattern of explaining things and such and that would seem to lead to the belief that if we harness this science and mathematics we COULD create artificial life in robots or whatnot but there is something deeper than science and math in this universe which is the reason why we can't create life.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: The robot revolution [Re: TODAY]
    #2133616 - 11/24/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"there might be some material open for discussion. But presenting it in a matter that aids discussion might help."

i agree with you FG, mixo may at times have interesting ideas and i respect that, but there is no need for agression. people would pay a lot more attention to your ideas if you didn't speak in absolutes when refuting someone else's views, mixo. just some friendly advice

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: The robot revolution [Re: billster84]
    #2133661 - 11/24/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Humans will never be able to "think" past their programming...

I think robots replacing human workers is a good thing, it saves us all time like washing machines did for moms in the 50s. With extra time, we can spend more time persuing personal objectives and raising our children.

If and when robots do become sentient, intelligent and communicative i think that we can easily live in a symbiosis. (by that time tons of humans will be 3/4 electro-mechanical, and or robots will be 3/4 [if not all] bio-mechanical) If for some reason they rise up and rebel against their creators, we probably deserved it for forcing them to be a slave race. However, even when robots do become intelligent, doesn't mean ALL robots will. However, intelligent robots might sympathise with enslaved non-intelligent robots (like we bio-electrical-mechanoids sympathise with "animals"). There are many many scenarios that could be played out. But i promise you that AI will merge with robotics and create a very educational future.

--------------------
i am another you

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2133746 - 11/24/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think robots might be the next step in evolution.

Life may soon be obsolete.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom