Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21070624 -

The same people don't have to post in each, Idk why you can't understand that.

Look at RR and SA for example, not many of the same people post in both.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21070645 -

The same people don't have to post in each, Idk why you can't understand that.

Look at RR and SA for example, not many of the same people frequent both.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21070687 -

Geoff Peterson said:
I'm dense but you're suggesting that putting Romper Room in OTD will somehow not result in more drama, yet you say in the same post that OTD is inherently dramatic because of the people who post in it..  :picard:



Romper regulars are generally not 'melty' people. Same with OTD regs. Not that any of us are immune, I've had my own on occasion. I'm just trying to say that any possible resulting drama would be either amusement for both groups, or newer people discovering that it's been moved or the forums themselves for the first time. which wouldn't really be the fault of the current groups. The groups aren't that different in general, just the people who use RR on the regular find it more amusing to have it just about the comments and not who's saying it.

RR is like a yo momma joke. OTD is jokes about your mother.

I think it would be fine aside from newbies to either forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL]
    #21070690 -

I suppose it's a leap to assume that some of the people responsible for such gems as "i am a huge humo," "The go away thread," and "im a piece of shit" in the SA forum might also be actively trolling Romper Room.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21070700 -

XLCaps said:
Geoff Peterson said:
I'm dense but you're suggesting that putting Romper Room in OTD will somehow not result in more drama, yet you say in the same post that OTD is inherently dramatic because of the people who post in it..  :picard:



Romper regulars are generally not 'melty' people. Same with OTD regs. Not that any of us are immune, I've had my own on occasion. I'm just trying to say that any possible resulting drama would be either amusement for both groups, or newer people discovering that it's been moved or the forums themselves for the first time. which wouldn't really be the fault of the current groups. The groups aren't that different in general, just the people who use RR on the regular find it more amusing to have it just about the comments and not who's saying it.

RR is like a yo momma joke. OTD is jokes about your mother.

I think it would be fine aside from newbies to either forum.



Yeah but that's not the case.  Trent himself admits to keeping a detailed record of who is posting what by referencing their Romper Room post counts.  The whole point of this thread was to inevitably reach the conclusion that SA/Romper Room needs a mod who "has the time to sift through the shit".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21070701 -

a skullet


--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21070885 -

Geoff Peterson said:
Yeah but that's not the case.  Trent himself admits to keeping a detailed record of who is posting what by referencing their Romper Room post counts.  The whole point of this thread was to inevitably reach the conclusion that SA/Romper Room needs a mod who "has the time to sift through the shit".



I don't remember saying any of them things.

On occasion I will check post counts if I want to figure out who someone is and I already have an inkling, such as when someone is spamming, I don't do it all the time or have all of the regulars post stats memorized.

The point of this thread was what I said the point was, to get the forum moved.

Stop acting like you know me or how I think, because you have no idea.

RR doesn't need a mod to sift through anything, there's not many rules to be broken to begin with, on the rare occasion we need mod intervention we can blow the whistle and have someone sort it out in a timely manner, or as I have done a few times let someone know if their post is against the rules and give them the chance to edit the post on their own.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL] * 6
    #21073172 -

your posts make me want to kill myself.  stop struggling.  stop posting.


--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Asante]
    #21073305 -

Asante said:
I'm all for putting the Romper Room back into OTD and feel it is out of place where it is now, in SA.

SA has become more like RR and RR more like SA in its current association.

For both forums this is an undesirable development.

I don't see nor saw any merit in RR in SA.



SWEET!


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21073349 -

XLCaps said:
Anyone who thinks romper room needs to be scrapped should then also agree that OTD needs to go. Romper Room's amusement and premise is the lack of seriousness. You don't get people melting across the boards from Romper bullshit. Much unlike OTD where people get so riled up from the personal attacks. How many times has OTD's bullshit caused a lot of trouble for the mods? Cross board melts. The only time anything goes down in romper is when someone tries to come looking for trouble then gets shit on like they deserve. I'd say Romper Room has been getting just as much, if not at times more, traffic compared to OTD as well. There is absolutely no reason to scrap Romper Room aside from the sense of entitlement some of the OTD regulars naturally assume. RR doesn't even need moderated. I'd love to hear some statistics on bans regarding the two forums. I can't think of a single person who has been banned within RR, let alone shit that dragged it's way out from it.

I would like Romper Room made it's own separate forum.



Fully agreed. 100%, it would indeed be awesome as it's own forum entirely wouldn't it?


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #21080334 -

Trent and Magenta should just make it their own user made forum and fulfill their lifelong fantasies of moderating. Then everyone can shut up about it and, ideally, it won't continue to be a breeding and training ground for trolls.

The Romp ruined SA. Burn it down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Adden] * 1
    #21081156 -

Saying someone 'wants to be a mod' isn't funny or insulting. You really need better material. Your whole basis of that insult is to insinuate they care about the community. When in turn you've gone on tangents about how you're so important to the site.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Adden]
    #21081253 -

Dys said:
Trent and Magenta should just make it their own user made forum and fulfill their lifelong fantasies of moderating. Then everyone can shut up about it and, ideally, it won't continue to be a breeding and training ground for trolls.

The Romp ruined SA. Burn it down.



You're projecting, didn't you want to be a mod? I could swear that was you I seen crying about it.

Regardless, your point is just completely off-base and wrong.

Me and magenta already mod a User-Created forum, that has no effect on me wanting the forum moved.

RR did not ruin SA, saying it did just makes you, well let's say come of as not very smart.

I'm not even supposed to be posting right now, so bye.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL] * 2
    #21081273 -

You constant use of incorrect grammar makes you, well, let's say, come off as not very smart either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek] * 2
    #21081284 -

Geoff Peterson said:
You constant use of incorrect grammar...




--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Enlil]
    #21081335 -

Haha, of course I would make a typo when saying something like that.  I'm pretty sure conjugating simple verbs like "see" was covered in elementary school for most kids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #21081372 -

Geoff Peterson said:
You constant use of incorrect grammar makes you, well, let's say, come off as not very smart either.



Your constant shit talking to me makes you look like, well, let's say, a [omit].

I wasn't even awake when I typed that. I'm really not supposed to be here right now though :peace:


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL]
    #21081375 -

I thought you liked it since you felt the need to quote my rating of you in your signature.  Are you saying you don't?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek] * 2
    #21085692 -

Geoff Peterson said:
Where's the logic in your statement about it being more visible in OTD?  It's still a niche and mostly useless subforum.  OTD seldom breaks out of single digits in terms of active viewers at any given time.  If you want it so visible, put it in the Pub.



It's clearly a much better fit for the Pub considering the majority of current Rompus Room posters are Pubbers.

I agree with you that it should just be dumped though. They ought to scrap Saratonin's Under The Bridge OTD subforum while they're at it. That's a worthless forum as well and I have no idea why it wasn't scrapped when they scrapped the UB.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by THE KRAT BARON (01/08/15 03:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: THE KRAT BARON] * 4
    #21086130 -

THE KRAT BARON said:
They ought to scrap Saratonin's Under The Bridge OTD subforum while they're at it.




--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Project OTD: An Apology and Explanation
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
geokillsA 24,981 118 02/12/04 03:31 PM
by bwiti
* Banned Members due to OTD, *lobbying thread* Lightningfractal 1,465 7 11/20/03 04:13 PM
by Lightningfractal
* why is OTD so unstable?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
2Experimental 5,743 79 08/26/04 10:38 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* New Subforum for Martha's DK1 694 4 05/06/05 03:27 AM
by Thor
* OTD in its current state LiquidSmoke 904 1 03/07/03 07:41 PM
by Senor_Doobie
* Good move at OTD Northernsoul 1,061 3 11/19/03 09:51 PM
by TinMan
* Music, Art and Literature subforum Legoulash 5,359 18 07/26/05 01:26 AM
by Blastrid
* OTD TinMan 1,493 7 12/17/02 08:00 AM
by Bruiser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
8,497 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.