Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
OTD in its current state
    #1356669 - 03/07/03 07:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Any ideas?

I know doobie's been trying hard to get that place back up in shape.  I for one don't see anything drastic happening to that forum in a while.  Maybe cuz it's too big.

I discussed the matter with several others and how most threads are just meaningless.  But then again, I think the obvious problem needs to be addressed.

People post random shit cuz they don't have anything to talk about.  When OTD used to be the only non-shroomery related forum, thngs were better.  But sooner or later, as you start taking away various elements out of OTD (e.g. political, arts, pub) people begin to run out of things to talk about.  I think this is the main cause for OTD going down the crapper.

Sure other aspects come into play, like the vast amount of users, flame wars, cliques and such.  But those are all just minor issues from what was originally a productive forum with lots of interesting discussion.

I personally find it hard to find things to talk about which don't fall into other categories/forums.  And when people get bored, they resort to flaming, pr0n posting, random whoring and such.

Like I said before, I think the key to reforming OTD is more active participation within the forums by mods/admins.  I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, just giving some recomendations.

I remember back when aboo and Y_S were mods they actively replied/posted in the forum.  They did a great deal of setting the tone of the boards and shaping quite a considerable amount of influence.

And when people say long time users have more influence over the new users posting in OTD than the mods, I'm going to have to disagree.  Mods represent the authority/role models of the forums, so they're looked up upon more than just another random user.

Basically, bottom line is, in order to control post whores, one must BE a post whore.  :blush: 

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: OTD in its current state [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1356896 - 03/07/03 09:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Your concerns are all legitimate and there are plans for the future.

I want to see how well i can get OTD flowing on its own without the usual "noise" of pointless posts, flame wars, offensive or posts, etc. etc.

Once that is aboslutely minimalized, and I think we took a big step toward that today, I will begin soliciting contact from other forums.

The basic idea behind this will be to rebuild the OTD community, make it one visited by people who are here for the Shroomery as a whole as opposed to people who are just here for OTD, and will hopefully make for the best possible OTD.

Show some patience, and things should start to improve soon.

There is a point where I will give up, if this plan doesn't work, and at that point I will admit that OTD is hopeless to the hundreds of Shroomerites who say so, and move on, but until I reach that point, your cooperation is appreciated.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback