Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMagenta
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #20887277 - 11/25/14 04:34 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

No one's opposed, that's good enough, plain and simple.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Loc: PLUR
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: idiotek]
    #20887280 - 11/25/14 04:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Why couldn't would be anon trolls still post in RR if it's moved? It won't be deleted, just moved.

--------------------
PLUR

OfflineMagenta
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL]
    #20887303 - 11/25/14 05:16 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

As far as i'm concerned it was an invalid argument. People whom want to troll SA don't go to RR, because they know people there will see through their bull shit. For someone to be a successful troll, someone else needs to take them seriously. There will always be trolls in SA, and RR reduces it 0%.

--------------------

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Magenta]
    #20887366 - 11/25/14 06:05 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think it probably does slightly reduce SA trolling, there is the occasional thread that pops up in RR that is very obvious trolling and no one really believes them that is probably posted by someone new to the boards that thinks it's a good place to troll instead of SA. But that is minimal at best.

There are plenty of disclaimers you see in SA before you post a thread, if you ignore all of them the thread should be dumped and the user warned/banned.

I don't think the move will have any effect on SA trolling.

--------------------
PLUR

InvisibleByrain

#20887836 - 11/25/14 09:18 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

idiotek said:
OTD is much better off without any more stupid subforums.  The "Inferno" one Andy left behind in there is awful and should also be deleted.

I had to ask sappy to get out of that one, OTD looks best without any subforums.  Personally I don't care where RR is as long as I can opt to not see it.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL] * 2
    #21058964 - 01/02/15 11:51 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Treant said:
Not to be rude, but I don't think you e seen much of it then, that does occasionally happen, but not too often. Half of the time it is done it's done jokingly, like "OTD keeps sending pizzas to my house, how can I get the torture to stop?" or something similar, when someone comes in there and genuinely complains about OTD they're almost always told to fuck off.

The forum doesn't have a big purpose but neither do the other off-topic forums here such as the pub or OTD. The main purpose, IMO, is for people to come and discuss basically anything they want, with very lax rules, and an added anonymous function to add to the shenanigans(and possibly security.) I think it should be defaulted to non-anon, but still have the option to post anon, but that's an issue for another time.

It hasn't always had the highest post quality, but it was significantly higher when it was in OTD compared to now.

I think it's a keen forum. You don't have to romp there, you can do whatever you want. It's basically an anonymous forum but with very lax rules. If you want to post non anon, you still can. I'm not saying it has to be a sub forum of OTD, but it should still be a sub forum of a forum not all the way at the bottom of the shroomery forum list.

Anyway just imo I agree this forum has enough crap without OTD and the pub, but to say Romper is another melt forum is ridiculous. Really, nobody melts there. There are no "this mod did this and I want to call it out and get out of a ban or this member was banned and not I" or any of that. No one would take it seriously there, it's all just a joke, and who would bring up fucked up issues in a place all anon anyway. "Melts" usually occur with people expecting attention and support. It to me is way too important of a forum to be left in the shroomerite anonymous section. Of course it makes sense it's in the anonymous section, but I'm just saying it should be a more well promoted forum. Anyone have an issue with it just being it's own forum entirely RIGHT UNDERNEATH OTD? I don't see why it has to be a sub forum

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: imachavel] * 2
    #21064604 - 01/04/15 05:57 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm all for putting the Romper Room back into OTD and feel it is out of place where it is now, in SA.

SA has become more like RR and RR more like SA in its current association.

For both forums this is an undesirable development.

I don't see nor saw any merit in RR in SA.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Asante]
    #21064720 - 01/04/15 07:30 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Move it back then!

Please?

--------------------
PLUR

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL] * 2
    #21064727 - 01/04/15 07:34 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I set up a vote & discussion with the other admins about it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Asante]
    #21064733 - 01/04/15 07:37 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks!

:cool3:

--------------------
PLUR

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #21066680 - 01/04/15 04:36 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
I set up a vote & discussion with the other admins about it.

Please do everyone in OTD a favor and count the "I don't give a fuck" votes from the other admins as "no".

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

#21066750 - 01/04/15 04:52 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You speak for every OTD poster now?

Please do the the right thing, and the majority of the rest of the site a favor and count them as what they are.

--------------------
PLUR

Edited by VivaLaMushy (01/04/15 04:57 PM)

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#21067162 - 01/04/15 06:02 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Instead of moving it to OTD, it should just be scrapped.  It was moved out of OTD for a reason.

It serves no purpose anyway.  At least in its current location it might provide a place for the Anon forum would-be trolls to get it out of their system.

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

#21067237 - 01/04/15 06:15 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Treant said:
Why couldn't would be anon trolls still post in RR if it's moved? It won't be deleted, just moved.

--------------------
PLUR

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#21067294 - 01/04/15 06:24 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

My point is that it's about ease of access.  If someone is tempted to troll in Anon they might be more willing to use RR instead because it's conveniently linked right there.  If they have to go to OTD, the chances are much less likely. 

What would be the point of moving it to OTD anyway?  Do you think it will increase traffic and post quality?  Make a poll in OTD to find out what the people who use that forum think, but let's face it, you already know that the vast majority of people in OTD don't want that shitty forum back in there or just don't care at all and won't use it regardless.

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

#21067376 - 01/04/15 06:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

There are multiple disclaimers saying not to troll there, if the forum is moved they can still link to RR. There would be no need for anyone to go to OTD to do what you're saying.

It doesn't matter if OTD posters post there or like it, it will make it more visible.

--------------------
PLUR

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Staff opinion on moving Romper Room back to being a subforum of OTD? [Re: PLURAL] * 1
    #21067405 - 01/04/15 06:45 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Where's the logic in your statement about it being more visible in OTD?  It's still a niche and mostly useless subforum.  OTD seldom breaks out of single digits in terms of active viewers at any given time.  If you want it so visible, put it in the Pub.

OfflinePLURAL
PLUR
Male

#21067433 - 01/04/15 06:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't fit well with the pub.

OTD is so slow probably because a lot of people just don't want to post there for various reasons.

--------------------
PLUR

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#21067442 - 01/04/15 06:51 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

OTD is slow, so let's put the Romper Room back in there so it gets more visibility and traffic.  :flowstone:

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#21067471 - 01/04/15 06:56 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

For that matter, it would probably help stave off a bit of the rampant trolling and flaming in the Pub if people can say whatever anonymously in a place like the Romper Room without fear of being banned for merely talking shit or hurting their precious internet shroom ratings.  Also, they should fix it so post counts aren't changed by anon posts so people like you can't track who is saying what by referencing their post counts.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom