Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: So Much Violence [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2083993 - 11/08/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think my main problem with it, is that there are a good number of people that helped the Nazi's and that were actually Nazi's themselves that are still alive. Who was that doctor that tortured live human beings, and then moved to a tropical island and lived till his 90's? I think Mengel. Things like this make me feel so crappy, it is not so much even hate as it is this pain in me. To think that such atrocities can happen, and that people who are not insane, will go along with it, just boggles my mind. I feel that I do not have to love every living creature on this earth. I feel that freeing ones mind gives one the abliity to love and hate. No where do mushrooms tell you to only love. Sure they want peace, and justifiable love, but not love in places where it does not belong. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by TheCow (11/08/03 01:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: So Much Violence [Re: Kiafi]
    #2084189 - 11/08/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

VIOLENCE = EVERYWHERE - Modern establishments are breeding soldiers, hence violence in the media, hence violence in our children, hence violence in our future.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: So Much Violence [Re: Strumpling]
    #2089587 - 11/10/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The Mushrooms will also tell us that boundries are deceptive and illusory. There cannot be an essential difference between you and I, myself and Hitler, and yourself and Hitler. We are all comprised of the same basic essence and potentials toward compassionate happiness. It is the degree of our misguidance and the strength to which we grasp on to it which mutes those fundamental dispositions, and determines the extent of the harm which can come from our actions.

If it's believed that all human beings seek happiness and security, then it's necessary to conclude that all of our actions stem from this fundamental wish. Nobody deliberately engages in activity that will bring them harm, unless they believe that the end result will be of benefit greater than the harm. Hitler's misguidance was his belief that dominance and control bring security, and therefore lavish contentment. Hitler's misfortune was that he found himself in a perfect place to cultivate and perpetuate this delusion. Soon, his delusion had ballooned into his belief that siezing total control of the world's wealth, resources, and population would bring him some element of supreme elation. His misguidance had run so deep into his being that he was not superfically affected by the suffering and death of so many millions. He was a very unfortunate man.

We can all relate to Hitler's problem. In fact, a large portion of the population right now subscribes to the view that dominance, the control of wealth and resources, companies and nations, is an avenue to contentment, happiness and security. It's this same view which earned Hitler a life filled with suffering, destruction and delusion. It is only by extraordinary grace that we do not find ourselves in his place, without an opportunity to identify and extinguish the minds which cause such chaos. Some still do.

From this point of view, one cannot help but have compassion and love for the man. It arises naturally. Such a point of view is very powerful, because it does not reduce us to bitterness and hatred. Hatred can only limit what we do with our precious human life. It's function is entirely self-important, because it supposes a moral superiority over others. It is binding, and has no value.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags