Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs
    #2082944 - 11/08/03 03:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

US TX: Nugent Challenges Clifton Students To Take Back
by David Anderson, (05 Nov 2003) Clifton Record Texas

CLIFTON -Rocker/hunter/conservationist/patriot Ted Nugent stormed to mid-court of the Clifton High School gymnasium Thursday afternoon to a rousing greeting from Clifton students in grades six through 12, then quickly stopped the youths.

He then took one of his favorite weapons - an electric guitar, cocked, locked, and ready to fire - and belted out his unique version of the Star Spangled Banner, to begin a Red Ribbon Week anti-substance-abuse presentation unlike any the school district has ever witnessed. While many of the students were not totally sure who Ted Nugent was when he arrived, they likely will never forget his visit the day before Halloween.

"I bring you greetings, word, intensity from the most important people in this country - the men and women of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard. They're taking bullets right now, for one thing. For you to live the American Dream. They're dying so we can have the American Dream. They're fighting to preserve the only awesome, amazing example of perfection in the history of the world, America," Nugent began.

He quickly and emphatically smashed the perceptions that to have fun, drugs, alcohol and other substances abusive to the human body have to be involved. "If you take drugs, if you drink and drive, if you smoke, if you have a dip in your lip, you are telling the men and women of the Armed Forces, 'Thanks for dying for me, but I dig the poison thing. Did you know it was that serious? Parents, teachers... did you know it was that serious?

"The American Dream is to be the best that you can be, have a great time, live healthy, rock out, partying without the puke. But you're saying, 'No, thanks, I'll poison myself and die. If you do that, you're retarded,'" Nugent roared.

Nugent told the students that they have the privilege to live in a country, and a state, that is the envy of the rest of the world, a country and state where the quality of life has no equal.

"This is a sacred place... Texas, home of the American Dream. "There is only one place with the dream. There is only one United States of America, and there is only one dream. Is there a French Dream? No! Is there a German Dream? No! Is there a Mexican Dream? The Mexican Dream is 'Let's get the hell out of Mexico and head to America!'"

But the laughter quickly went silent as the bombastic 55-year-old told the gathering that the American Dream is dying, being threatened with extinction, not from the terrorists in the Middle East, but from within.

"I'd never seen so many retarded people in my life when I got to Texas. You have a huge dope problem here, right here, in Clifton, Texas. You have a methamphetamine epidemic. You have kids going to the funeral of a dead classmate, dead from drinking and driving, and after the funeral, they drink and drive! This isn't Texas... it's the Planet of the Apes.

"These warriors in the Armed Forces do not want to die so Americans can make drugs, sell drugs, use drugs, for Americans to keep killing themselves every day. You all have to work for the American Dream here, because this is Clifton, this is a special place. This isn't Philadelphia. If you take drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or fast foods, you'll smile less, you'll laugh less, and you'll die early. That is truth."

Nugent continued to hammer on the drug problems in the area, and, although he's seen it all throughout his career in the rock-and-roll industry, to see it achieve the levels it has in rural Texas dumbfounds him.

"A methamphetamine problem, here in Clifton? You have the best spirit of the wild barbecue in the world, and you're still killing each other? Whoa! Am I making any sense here? Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and fast foods kill more Americans every day than were killed on 9-11. That's a fact, and that's pathetic," he lamented.

Nugent said the time for Clifton's youth to act is now if they are going to regain their dignity, their self-respect, their God-given healthy life-style opportunities.

"You've got to take back the American Dream, but you can't have it all for yourself. If you know somebody puking, with boogers coming out of their nose, stumbling around, making Ozzy noises, show your patriotism and help them stop. Help them change. If they don't... I know I'm just a guitar player, and I'm really cocky by saying this... turn them in," he screamed. "Put them in a cage. Are you with me? This is serious stuff.

"If they don't quit, if they don't stop, turn them in! Mr. law enforcement, can they come to you? Teachers, principals, parents, can they come to you and turn them in?" he asked, to nods of approval from all those present.

But he did not stop at blaming the abusers for the country's ills.

"Those of you who know people who are doing this stuff, it's absolutely unforgivable that you haven't spoken up about it. How many people in here have fought a decent fight to stop substance abuse?" he queried. Only about a half-dozen hands went up. Nugent surveyed the students' reply with a look of disgust. "You know that National Anthem I played? Maybe I should have sung the Texas Anthem - Baaaaaaaa. Baaaaaaa," Nugent shot, making sheep noises.

"To allow this type of criminalistic, cannibalistic, inbreeding insanity.... I don't even know what to say about that. If you know what's going on, if you tolerate it, if you look the other way, you're no better than the substance abusers.

"When you have friends who are absolutely eating at the soul of America by making drugs, buying drugs, using drugs, selling drugs, drinking and driving, give them a shot to stop and 'American Up,' so that some American soldier doesn't come back from Afghanistan in a bag, dying for nothing." Midway through his address, the bell to change classes rang out throughout the gymnasium.

"Does that mean I have to leave?" Nugent asked.

The gym thundered with the students' answer: "Nooooooooooooo!"

"Clifton, Texas is the heart of the American Dream, but everybody's house needs cleaning. Clifton, Texas is the American Dream - celebrate it, fight for it, live the good, identify the bad and the ugly and fight to get rid of it. This is the epicenter of whitetail deer, hog, turkey, and dove-hunting barbecue. For people to be making methamphetamine here... they've got to be droolers, they've gotta be sick. These idiots are putting this stuff in their bodies. I don't understand it. It makes as much sense as eating a glass sandwich. What's that stuff made out of - battery acid? Dog poop? HIV-positive goat urine?"

"That there's methamphetamine labs and dope deals here every day is absolutely mind-boggling. It's like picking up a guitar and playing Country-and-Western. That just ain't right. Methamphetamine labs in Clifton? Did I take a bad turn? Am I in Philadelphia? This is not funny," he said, stopping the loud laughter of the students dead in its tracks.

Nugent challenged those students in the stands who use drugs to raise their hands.

"Who smokes dope here? Be man enough to admit it. Nobody? Yeah, right. Who does meth? Come on, admit it," he challenged. No one accepted his challenge.

"You drug users up there who won't admit it - you know who you are. Your friends know who you are... you've got no spine! You think it's cool? I'll get Jerry Garcia in here to tell you how cool it is. Whoops, I forgot, he's dead!"

Nugent said he has jammed with the best of the rock-and-roll world, including Keith Moon of the Who, Jimi Hendrix, and Bon Scott of AC/DC, to name just a few. He said all of them laughed at him when he refused their dope and booze.

"Jimi got high. Jimi's dead. I went hunting, and I'm still Ted!" he told the students.

"Bon Scott, the world's greatest rock-and-roll singer ever, laughed at me because I wouldn't drink his whiskey. I told him he had to quit the poison, but he laughed at me. Four weeks later, Bon Scott was dead - something about alcohol poisoning. Duhhhhh!"

"Who came up with the obnoxious, brain-dead idea that partying is puking and dying, anyway? I have news for you. The experiment with drugs is over, and Victoria has no secrets. You do drugs, you puke and die." But he quickly gave them a way out.

"Conversely, if you are living to be the best that you can be, you must also demand that everyone in your family, in your life, in your class, at your church, at parties, at your hunting camp... demand that they be the best they can be, too. I've been told you guys are smart, that you're athletic. I've heard the word 'warriors' used. I've been told that the future of Clifton, that the future of our country is in pretty good hands, but quickly added that just being "pretty good" is not near good enough.

Nugent said his family's recent move to Central Texas from Michigan was predicated by the quality of life opportunities he sees in the area.

"This is it. I travel all over the world. This is it, this is where I want to be. This is the best. See the best, hear the best, eat the best, celebrate the best, and become saviors and protectors of the American dream. With so much good here, let's get rid of the bag and the ugly. It's so simple, it's stupid.

"I'm 55 years old, and I am having a riot. I want to live to be 100-plus. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But the quality of my life, every day of my life, is determined by the quality time I spend with my family. A close second is the very spiritual time I spend in the great outdoors.

"You live in the most wonderful region in the world, the most exciting, challenging, scintillating, fun opportunities. Hunting, fishing, enjoying the outdoors," he continued. "But many of you have become spoiled, taken it for granted.

"Get a simple bow and arrow, learn how the flight of the arrow is your soul," Nugent challenged. "Your senses, your sense of awareness, your spiritual gifts will be nurtured, cultivated."

In thanking the school's administration for allowing him to speak, Nugent acknowledged that his is not the usual Red Ribbon Week speech.

"This isn't your typical three-piece suit presentation that you're used to, where in-breeders and cannibals are placated and thereby encouraged to continue with their destruction of America within. But I haven't given you any opinions here. It's all facts, all truth.

"The upgrade quality of life is available to you before you leave this room. Take this attitude. Be cocky and defiant, be tough against the stupid people working for the death and destruction of your American Dream," he concluded

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: carbonhoots]
    #2082949 - 11/08/03 03:11 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

*waits for luvdemshrooms*

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2082953 - 11/08/03 03:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"But the laughter quickly went silent as the bombastic 55-year-old told the gathering that the American Dream is dying, being threatened with extinction, not from the terrorists in the Middle East, but from within. "

HAHAHAHAHA
So Luvedemmushrooms?????

what do you think of your hero now??????

come to think of it most of your "heros" would think you are just some scummy drugie!!!!
oh this is to much
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2083004 - 11/08/03 03:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm speechless  :smile2:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #2083064 - 11/08/03 04:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2083118 - 11/08/03 05:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What a tool. According to him the American dream must be global domination.

Oh well. I didn't really like freedom anyways.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2083149 - 11/08/03 06:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"What a tool. According to him the American dream must be global domination."

:smile:sanity 

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2083173 - 11/08/03 06:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I didn't really like freedom anyways.

Yeah,that shit is sooo 90's. I was really getting tired of all that relative peace and prosperity. Purpetual war and suffering is where it's at right now.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: monoamine]
    #2083236 - 11/08/03 07:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

*1890's

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2083364 - 11/08/03 09:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
*waits for luvdemshrooms*

Waits for what?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2083365 - 11/08/03 09:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

maybe because you have his name at the bottom of your post
I assume he wants your take on things

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (11/08/03 09:22 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2083367 - 11/08/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have his quote there because I like the quote.

I do not listen to or even own any Ted Nugent.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#2083379 - 11/08/03 09:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I see , well thats to bad.

I thought one of your heros may have died to you , oh well.
Aside from that wether you like his quote or not , you can be sure he doesnt like you.:)

or me for that matter:)

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2083468 - 11/08/03 10:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Just another one of those "best of a bad choice" things I guess...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2083475 - 11/08/03 10:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ted NudeGenitals was a bit before my time; but from what i understand he was still preaching the same bullshit back then too..his drunken-stoned-vomiting audience only let him get away with it because he was such a good guitarist -- until he went deaf. So now he cant be a rock star anymore but being a toady for the junta makes hime feel like a star again...funny as it is sad.

Quote:

This is a sacred place... Texas, home of the American Dream. "There is only one place with the dream. There is only one United States of America, and there is only one dream. Is there a French Dream? No! Is there a German Dream? No! Is there a Mexican Dream? The Mexican Dream is 'Let's get the hell out of Mexico and head to America

I was just in Mexico last summer and none of the locals i met there were in any big hurry to "get the hell out of Mexico and head to America"..i met many Europeans in Mexico too, and the French Dream and the German Dream is for their countries not to become nitemares like Bush's Amerikkka.

I actually met quite a few Mexicans that did bust their asses to go to America and lived here (legally) for over 10 years -- and now their coming back to Mexico. I wonder why??

Quote:

The American Dream is to be the best that you can be, have a great time, live healthy, rock out, partying without the puke. But you're saying, 'No, thanks, I'll poison myself and die. If you do that, you're retarded

The New American Dream is "lets get the hell out of Amerikkka and head to Canada".

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (11/08/03 10:56 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Xlea321]
    #2084022 - 11/08/03 03:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Quote:

Just another one of those "best of a bad choice" things I guess...

Nah excrement for brains.... just a cool quote.

--------------------

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
    #2084436 - 11/08/03 05:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Should I tell my US history class that the American dream is "partying without puke?" Because I think they must have it all wrong.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Demiurge]
    #2084466 - 11/08/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

'ol Ted's pretty close...

The American dream, in some cases, consists of being a lazy sloth, with the best of everything, while slaves toil for you.

No...I know that's insulting to some here...the American dream is about freedom, but many have discovered that freedom is having everyone do the work for you, while you just collect the spoils. (money-lenders, NIKE-WAL-MART entities etc. are the slave drivers)

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2084501 - 11/08/03 06:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

carbonhoots said:
(money-lenders, NIKE-WAL-MART entities etc. are the slave drivers)

You are wrong. Americans' relationships with those entities are voluntary. However, governments are the true slave drivers, if you refuse to pay them, you will be put in jail, if you resist being put in jail, they will KILL you. No corporation, no money lender has that legal power, anyone can refuse to do business with them.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: WHAT AN IDIOT-Ted Nugent speaks to kids about drugs [Re: Evolving]
    #2084540 - 11/08/03 06:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

privatized water or electricity, anyone?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Political Discussion