Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Latest Drug War Propaganda!
    #981282 - 10/22/02 12:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Right now a radio and aTV ad are being run, I'm sure you've heard or seen it, where some dudes get busted at a concert or some kid gets caught smoking a joint in the school bathroom...
At the end it says "Getting busted with pot could land you in jail"......
"Marijuana: Harmless?"

Now usually I just laugh at these silly ads but this one just disgusts me. It is such a false premise. I guess the history of marijuana prohibition and the fact that it is primarily illegal now because of corporate greed (DuPont) and misinformation is not important. Marijuana would not even be illegal if it weren't for LIES in the first place. There's gotta be a word for such a shitty argument. But you know what I'm saying? The whole argument just has its head up its ass!!!

It's kinda like salting a wound.......Like the DEA is saying, not only are we gonna forget about and lie about why marijuana was made illegal in the first place, but were gonna spit in your face too.....why because we said so, and because we can, and because we can do whatever we want BLAHAAJA
.......nevermind......it justs pisses me off......

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Viveka]
    #981315 - 10/22/02 12:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hemp is illegal because some timber company paid an FBI agent to lie to people and spread rumors that hemp IS marijuana and that their daughters will be lured in by the evil people who use this plant and some such bullshit like that. I swear I hope to god that Canada will come through and show EVERYONE that the US is very very wrong and that they shouldnt listen to the fuckin sorry ass ad on TV about some kid shooting his friend while stoned. Im gonna move to Canada regardless when I graduate, but I HOPE that they can do this one. I would rather my children grow up in an environment where the marijuana is safe and legal. Where they wont be taught lies and led down the wrong path.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: bluesky]
    #981337 - 10/22/02 12:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's also too bad that this is the best ad that they could come up with for pot. It isnt harmful to you, it can actually help your health, the only danger is that WE"LL THROW YOUR ASS IN JAIL!! That makes no sense, and I hope that people everywhere see it and say "what a huge crock of shit" because that's what it is. The DEA makes their own problems just so some agents can have jobs while their victims are in jail with sentences or a criminal record for using a harmless plant. :frown: makes me vomit. 

--------------------
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #982062 - 10/22/02 07:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you're right..those commercials are a joke....ecspecially those terrorist ones..i hope they fall on deaf ears

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblezero
???
 User Gallery
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #982233 - 10/22/02 09:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

1 in 4 cops think weed should be
legal.
saw that fact on tv the other day.

Peace,
Zero

--------------------
sk8 or die

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: zero]
    #982259 - 10/22/02 10:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

***1 in 4 cops think weed should be legal.***

unfortunatly 1 in 4 cops would put you in jail for life for smoking a J

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #982792 - 10/22/02 02:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't seen that ad, but what's fucked up about it, is their logic behind saying marijuana isn't harmless is that THEY'LL LOCK YOU UP!!!

WTF?! If they made carrots illegal, you could say the same about that.

"Eating carrots can land you in jail. Still think carrots are harmless?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Learyfan]
    #982838 - 10/22/02 02:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That's always been the government's position.

Marijuana is illegal because it is a dangerous drug.
Marijuana is dangerous because it is an illegal drug.

The logic there is as clear and simple as can be.

Stops crimethink before it happens...

OfflineTeiro
Earth Entitie
Loc: A Sunny Beach in a Tropic...
    #982874 - 10/22/02 02:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck government.
Move to a real land of the free.

--------------------
Life does not have to be necessarily long. It just has to be good. Be wise. Peace, Love, Flower Power.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Teiro]
    #982936 - 10/22/02 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And where might that be?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Teiro]
    #983041 - 10/22/02 03:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Move to a real land of the free.

And become a victim of american foreign policy?  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #983458 - 10/22/02 05:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There really is no argument for many parts of the war on drugs. Pot isn't legal, because if it was, the DEA and the CIA would both be out of business.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Remy]
    #985055 - 10/23/02 12:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Pot isn't legal, because if it was, the DEA and the CIA would both be out of business. "

You can include crack and cocaine in there as well.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Remy]
    #985198 - 10/23/02 01:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Seems if pot was legal, there wouldn't be so much hype about it...

Funny to think its looked upon to be more dangerous than alcohol...

You can smoke a pound of pot and cough a lot, eat a large pizza and fall asleep.

You can drink a handle of tequila, get alcohol poisoning and die... or try to drive and run into a tree.  :smile:

I think alcohol is such an american pasttime, its really embedded into our culture. Never been to a social gathering w/o alcohol. Gotta go out back if you wanna smoke a J. :smile: Plus, hemp could be used in so many products, it would take the cotton and lumber industry out of business :smile: (not really, but would offer a threat)

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: angryshroom]
    #985212 - 10/23/02 01:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Cotton would go under so fookin quick! it is a horrible crop that can be repalced easily by hemp. Lumber isnt just used for paper so it wouldnt take as large of a dive.

--------------------
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #986358 - 10/23/02 01:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Cotton would go under so fookin quick!

I like my cotton underwear and cotton socks. Would hemp cloth feel the same and be as comfortable?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Evolving]
    #986366 - 10/23/02 01:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Nope. Hemp cloth is much stiffer. The best hemp cloth I've seen is like good linen. Holds its shape well, is durable, but both hemp and flax have fibers too stiff to duplicate the comfort of soft cotton material.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Phred]
    #986461 - 10/23/02 01:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I guess that answers the question as to why cotton has always been valued so much (as a fiber), even in the old days when hemp was still legal.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Evolving]
    #986985 - 10/23/02 05:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im sure that the largest idea of hemp is that it is very tough and durable, but hemp can be woven as crudely as burlap or as intricate as lace. It would need to go through the same fabric softening techniques as cotton, or probably more than cotton but it definately can be done. It's just that nobody does this when they can just buy cotton.

--------------------
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
    #987033 - 10/23/02 05:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

telling us that we could go to jail for smoking bud is an insult on our inteligence, like we didnt already know the consequenses for doing something illegal?

Invisiblemr crisper

#988168 - 10/24/02 01:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i find it inconsistent that you post these comments -
  "TV: Again, a commercial institution, not funded by US tax dollars (with the exception of certain public access channells which are typically excellent and accurate in the quality of information)

CNN: HAHAHHAHAH, a primarlily liberal, COMMERCIAL, and private news corporation owned by Time Warner, one of the largest multinational corporations in the nation, and in no way involved with the US gov't...except for the gov'ts regulatory laws which may LIMIT aspects of its operation"

in the 'anti-yank' thread, and here you start a new thread complaining about propaganda on tv. who pays for anti-drug commercials?  does the media have any choice as to whether they can air this shit? i don't think so.

a great comment was published recently from a canadian politician discussing the legalisation of marijuana in canada -this is from memory but it went something like -"the only danger involved with smoking marijuana is the danger of being arrested and imprisoned".
i haven't seen these ads you refer to, but they sound honest enough. if you smoke and get caught you will be arrested. at least they don't try the old bullshit about addiction, health problems, raping old ladies and so on.
ever heard of h.j.anslinger, head of the federal narcotics bureau in the 50's. he devoted much of his life to getting dope made illegal and was responsible for some of the more extreme claims about its ill-effects.
someone find his grave and piss on it. :grin:
here we go-
"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US,
and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers.
Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage.
This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations
with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

Harry J. Anslinger, testimony to Congress, 1937 

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#988242 - 10/24/02 01:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

l

Edited by angryshroom (10/24/02 01:24 AM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#988244 - 10/24/02 01:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I actually know of a local business which produces extremely soft hemp socks! Why socks? Well, the hemp will not smell as bad as cotton after wearing (supposidly), and they are extremely soft and more durable...

Donno why JUST socks, but, I saw them last year at a healthfood store...very expensive hiking socks :frown:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: mr crisper]
    #990849 - 10/24/02 10:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"The Partnership for a Drug-Free America? is a coalition of communications professionals – from advertising, the media industry, public relations, research companies, actors guilds, production companies – dedicated to one mission: to help kids and teens reject substance abuse by influencing attitudes through persuasive information. Our mission unfolds primarily in the form of a research-based national advertising campaign created by hundreds of volunteers who comprise the Partnership. Through the generosity of our partners, the Partnership’s ad campaign has included some 600 advertisements and more than $3 billion in pro bono media exposure since 1987."

This taken from the Partnership for a Drug Free America website, http://www.drugfreeamerica.org

"who pays for anti-drug commercials? does the media have any choice as to whether they can air this shit? i don't think so."

Read the above. However, if you are suggesting that the government forces media conglomerates to air this shit, I'd say it's more likely that, if anything, the gov't might offer capital rewards to these media conglomerates if they were to air these ads.  However, if the statement from www.drugfreeamerica.org is the least bit true, this probably isn't even necessary. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the media has some altruistic ideal or anything.  But I don't think your assertion is correct.

The original claim made by someone (you?) I was replying to in the Anti-Yank thread was that the US gov't uses Hollywood,CNN, and TV to attempt to exert its power and influence on the rest of the world.  I was only asserting that these organizations are private and that the link between them and the US gov't is basically errouneous.  I really don't see how creating this thread makes me inconsistent??    :smirk:

Anonymous

#991314 - 10/25/02 12:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Speaking if Anti-Drug Commercials - This campagain in particular has been rubbing me the wrong way:
The "The Is Stacey - This is Staceys Dealer - This is the Kid Staceys Dealer Shot in a Drug Gang War "

Um, - if that isnt apples and oranges I dont know what is?

Last year the History Channel had a Series on the " History of Drugs" - I watched them all - and each installment told of a particular Drug - its origin, side effects, and then the reason it was outlawed.
Marajuana, like most drugs, was Outlawed due to racist policy - the Country was being flooded with Mexicans, who were at the time, the main suppliers of the Ganj - They inacted these Anti-Mexican Laws, making it illegal to sell or possess Weed - Not because it was 'so Dangerous' - But because they wanted to deport Illegals - I am not sure on the dates of these laws, the 20's - 30's ?- But the laws stayed, and got progressivly more ridiculous - Has anyone seen the Film "Reefer Maddnes" - I mean that was how they were trying to sell the Public on the dangers of Drug use - Please !

I also found it interesting that Opium became Illegal as soon as the Country had a 'problem' with Asians - Booze was illegal after too many Irish were yuckin it up in the Pubs - Has anyone noticed that Crack is 10x as unlawful to possess than powder Cocaine - mainly because crack is used by minorites, and coke - well you know....-OoD

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
    #991351 - 10/25/02 12:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Weed is basically decriminalized here...

Pigz in Most of BC and Most Of Alberta will let ya walk with a fine if you have up to a O on ya.. anything higher and they send ya to court

its slowly becoming legal.. i say by 2006 it will be legal in canada.. right now the DEA is the only thing stopping it.. the public says yes, but DEA is saying "you do it, and the united states of america will no longer support you, blah blah blah blah blah."

*shrugz*

no offence to anyone, but Canada has a Retarded Prime minister, and United States had a Stupid fuck for a president.. i realized neither country had any choices better at the time of election.. but stilll.. Yuk

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #993079 - 10/25/02 06:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think the drug war has worked. I grew up with the whole this your brain shit, went through DARE, my parents didn't smoke pot or even drink, went to church became a born again christian... and I still found that it was not harmful to my mind or body to smoke pot, and even eat mushrooms. I think the media should use thier money better if they are going to try to stop drug using. It just isn't working.
Im not completely sure if pot should be legalized, it does promote laziness. I eventualy had to give up smoking it as often as I did because I started taking engineering classes. I'd like to see anybody majoring in aerospace engineering and still smoke bud on a regular basis (trust me it just cant happen).
oh well I guess this country will eventualy have to give legalizing pot a try, just to see what happens. All I see happening is the cigarret companies making a killing, just think "Marlbro greens" I bet they aready have the package designed.

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: ehud]
    #993137 - 10/25/02 07:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Im not completely sure if pot should be legalized, it does promote laziness

The illegality of drugs has NOTHING to do with the gov't the caring about "our health".

I can go buy 10 bottles of grain alcohol, a car full of fast food, knives, guns and 10 cans of cheese wiz.

Don't be fooled by that shit

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: ehud]
    #994721 - 10/26/02 02:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I'd like to see anybody majoring in aerospace engineering and still smoke bud on a regular basis (trust me it just cant happen)

How about an Electrical Engineering degree with honors? Currently working on a Civil (geo-technical) masters. Just because you cannot do it doesn't mean no one can. If you would have said Chemical I would agree, that shit is TOUGH!
In reply to:

just think "Marlbro greens" I bet they aready have the package designed.

I have heard they already have patents for packages. I am surprised the big business isn't pushing for legalization.

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Frog31337]
    #998901 - 10/28/02 02:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am mainly talking about a more daily usage of weed. If it were legalized there would be plenty of people smoking it pretty much constantly. If you can do your EE hw while high i give you mad props. For me weed brings out my creative side not the intellectual side. I guess a person should be pretty well rounded in both.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Latest Drug War Propaganda! [Re: Cryptic]
    #998934 - 10/28/02 02:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Mr. Chretien is no retard. He 's been a member of parliament for over 30 years. He served as justice minister, finance minister and other cabinet positions in the Trudeau government. He's been the prime minister now for almost 10 years. He has played a large role in the modern development of Canada...the part of history where Canada is the #1 or nearly #1 nation to live in.

People will look at his time at the helm as a relatively good one for Canada. He's a hell of a lot better than Brian Mulroney was, and by the looks of it, he'll be better than whoever succeeds him.

He can't help it if half his face is paralyzed, and that he has a speech impediment. It just makes him look and sound like a retard.

HA HA, he's so hillarious at the international meetings, putting that face of Canada forward! What do the other nations think?

http://www.canadian.oddballs.com/main.htm

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale