Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Anyone here morman?
    #2066974 - 11/03/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If so I would like to know why you believe what you believe. Thanks :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: whole9]
    #2067066 - 11/03/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Mormons aren't even allowed to drink caffeine. What are the odds of any being on a shroom message board?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2067110 - 11/03/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What are the odds of any being on a shroom message board? ....

well, i have this friend who was a hard core morman all through grade school and high school. then, one day during the summer after we graduated he told me he wanted to smoke some weed with me! i was shocked, but happily obliged, now he smokes weed regularly, and trips with me every now and then...

but then again, his faith isnt what it used to be, since high school he has opened his eyes a little and has the balls to accept that just cause you were taught something, doesnt necessarily make it right...

he still claims to be "mostly morman" (his exact words)

anyway, your probably right in the sence that you probably wont find a morman on here, well one that still practices his religion the way its meant to anyway...i mean, most organized religions outlaw guestioning its beliefs, and i doubt that anyone who has ever experienced psycadelics hasnt at one point done just that.... :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2067135 - 11/03/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

im curious

does anyone know on what grounds Christian sects determine that the consumption of drugs contravenes divine will?

My own glances through their core text suggest otherwise what with being given all plants to use, and all the wine drinkin' - even the big J thought a parties not a party without booze and turned water to wine.

so where are they coming from?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Mycena]
    #2067164 - 11/03/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i too often wonder about this, and after talking/debating with many who feel otherwise, was brought to a passage (not sure really where its at) that state something to the like

"we are to treat our body as a temple"

and they interprate it as dont do anything bad for you... and because they are dumbfucks who give into all the government propaganda that ALL drugs are bad for you, they feel that it applies here...

which i think is total bullshit...if i remember correctly (its been a while since i read over this particular passage)the verses directly before this particular passage was refering to sleeping with whores and/or animals or something along those lines...and that to do something along those lines would not be right in the eyes of their god.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2067403 - 11/03/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There's a spot where jesus tells us not to let anyone else tell you what to eat, drink, or put into your body. He said something like " It's not what goes in your mouth, but what comes out of your mouth that makes the man."

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #2067409 - 11/03/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

that eye looked like it was moving. I have to get off this computer.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2067417 - 11/03/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

BTW, Mormons have such a strict belief system that very few actually do all that. They have a temple ceremony based on masonic rituals, and have special underwear for temple goers to start wearing for the rest of their lives, which go all the way down to the knees. Obviously very few are going to do all this. There are many who were once Mormon, and became " Jack Mormons" by not following all the stuff the church says. I'm sure there are some on here, there are a ton of them I used to drink and get high with when I was in Idaho.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2067601 - 11/03/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the eye is actually supposed to move, but for some reason when i put it on here it decided to stop.... :tongue: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2067668 - 11/03/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i used to be. then i quit. i used to be fucked up. then i started doing drugs :smile:

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: whole9]
    #2067677 - 11/03/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nope, but I have met a moron or two.... er.. Mormon, I mean.  :wink:

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2068079 - 11/03/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, i don't think there are any around here.
I've spoken with them a couple of times already, they are strictly religious and too narrow minded. I've seen many mormon americans in this parts (Southern Europe), mostly young people. Well, i guess they disserve knowing new cultures and travelling as any young adult would like, sometimes i wonder if that's their real objective....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: MAIA]
    #2068266 - 11/03/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I grew up in Utah and I'm very firmiliar with Mormans. I'll tell you what you want to know to the best of my abilities. I'm not LDS but I am pretty firmiliar with their beliefs.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Rose]
    #2068925 - 11/03/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My mother used to be mormon living in Utah. She said that most the mormons were not totally by the book. Seeing as she had a taste for LSD she is one piece of proof hehe.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Anansi]
    #2068940 - 11/03/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Most Mormans aren't by the book. These folks are sometimes called Jack Mormans.

The problem is they can't call themselves Morman if word of their misbehavior gets out so, they must supress their behavior... or lie about it... to stay in their church.

There are a lot of Mormans on Prozac because of the damands of their religion.

No drinking, no smoking, no caffiene, no contraceptives.

Women in the LDS church have it the worst. They are expected to have as many children as possible... and when they die, Mormans believe the men become gods and their wives become baby making goddesses while she and her husband have enough babies to populate a planet. The husband is the God and the wife is the baby making machine. They believe Earth is such a planet... populated by a Morman god and his wife (wives).

Poligamy is illegal but some people still practice it. Today, the Morman Church excommunicates any poligamists they hear of.

Back when poligamy was legal, Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain) traveled through Utah and do you know what he said?

He said, "The men in Utah are the nicest men I know. To marry one woman that ugly...but seven? Utah men are very nice."

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Rose]
    #2069086 - 11/03/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, I finally found this thread. I'm your Mormon everyone, and thought I'm in a very awkward stage in my life, where I have no clue what I believe, or what I should believe, I have grown up in the mormon church, and I still go every week, so I don't make my relationship with my parents any worse. I have lately been feeling more and more uncomfortable there, but not because its so shitty, but because I don't feel like the rest of them do, and I don't have that kind of faith. But, In defense of the Mormons, and to clear up some of the misconceptions some of you have, I have a few words. First, Mormons do have Temple ordinances that are done, but they aren't based on masonic rituals, but I believe just similar. I honestly couldn't tell you what all goes on in those more sacred ceremonies in the temple, because I'm not getting married, not getting sealed to my family (the one i would be starting if I were getting married) and I believe there are some other things that go on too, but you aren't really supposed to find out about that stuff until you are actually about to do it. second, the special underwear you speak of, called garments, I believe are just a symbolic thing, about holiness or something. (I feel like i should be a able to be much more factual about all this stuff, since i've gone to this church for 18 years, but when I'm not such a fully active member, some of that kind of fades away, around age 14-15). And yes, there are branch off groups of mormons, that still do things like poligamy, but the main group, the real group, did outlaw it, and does not condone it. also, I personally think they have some good principles and teachings, but I still have a big skepticism about the whole religion thing right now. As for how I feel about Mormons, I feel that for the most part they are very friendly people, and those that are active faithful members are very active, and very faithful. As for these "jack mormons", i've never heard the term, but I'm sure they exist, I'm probably one of them. And lastly, the deal with christians (mormons being christian, just not like the other christian churches) not allowing drugs and such, are for a couple reasons. The legal drugs like caffeine, ciggerettes, and alcohol, because they can lead to bad habits, are addictive and are unhealthy. Alcohol especially, because alcoholism does in fact promote some bad qualities in people, and I honestly can say I've heard more negative things about alcoholic parents being bastards than any mormons who don't drink being bastards. I don't resent my parents for being bad parents like that, like abusive and such, but more because of the forcing the religion on me, and causing so much grief and strss with that. I am thankful though, in knowing that i have friends whose parents shouldn't have been allowed to be parents. Next, all of the illegal drugs, are outlawed for either the same reasons (not as much) but also because they believe in respecting the law of the nation we live in, and since they are illegal in most countries, just decide that our bodies are temples, its against the law, you shouldn't do them. As for me personally, I believe that the church might not be so critical against things like pot/mushrooms if done responsibly and they didn't cause trouble, and they were legal. but don't expect any faithful mormons to support their use anytime soon.

As for me personally, religion, and this whole mormon thing, has been the most difficult, and most painful experiences to deal with in my life. Its mainly because of my fathers very stubborn attitude about his kids going to church, and sometimes I just feel like the church is more important to him than I am, and that kind of makes me sad. And I know when I make decisions that aren't as Mormon as could be hoped, it makes him sad. And making him sad makes me sad. And knowing that the choices I want to make, that are making him sad are going to continue to make me sad, makes me even more sad... In conclusion, I'm probably going to have some crazy psychological problems down the road because of all this, and I can't fucking wait to move the fuck out of my house, and start living for myself.

None of my family knows I smoke pot, that I've taken mushrooms, or that I've taken interest in the cultivation of said mushrooms. And if they ever do, thats when the shit hits the fan. Good luck any of you other closet-mormons, looking to come out.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2069108 - 11/03/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm probably the best person you'll find to ask questions about.
I was brought up mormon, going to church until i was 18 (that was 3 years ago). I never felt like I believed in a God since of course there is no proof of it, and no matter what i asked other people, they couldnt tell me anything more than "i know this church is true, i know that jesus lived, that he died for our sins....yadayadayada". when i started to have really serious doubts is when i realized that they didnt allow blacks into the priesthood until 12 years AFTER the civil rights movement, and noone could ever give me a better answer than "the church is infallible but its followers are not" which is a pretty crap answer if this prophet is supposed to be directly receiving the word of god.
i drank sparingly through high school, then took a year off, traveling a bit in italy where i drank and smoked a lot, reading a lot of philosophy books and such and decided absolutely that i definately do not believe in the religion. coming back after 5 months, i then had to explain this to my parents. then i had to explain that i drank, then that i smoked but nothing has been as hard as them accepting me having sex/living with my girlfriend before marriage. in a way i hate the religion for causing such an irrepairable rift between me and my parents. at this point i now actually dislike the whole religion. the part that pisses me off the most is how these 19 year old guys go around telling people that they 'know this is the word of god and the path to salvation' yet ive heard from countless mormons how they werent sure of the religion until after their mission (amazing that after the slew of brainwashing techniques missionaries are subjected to that they would believe in the religion afterwards). i think this is akin to blasphemy and is a horrible act that is just glossed over. this post is long enough for now, any questions?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: Anyone here morman? [Re: Tao]
    #2069124 - 11/03/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

lightningfractal: that must be a very interesting quote, can you possibly remember/find out where it is? id be very interested.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#2069131 - 11/03/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

shwowsh:

i just wanted to say, i really would reccomend being up front with your parents in a calm rational manner after you move out of the house. its been my experience from those mormons who have been honest and those who havent, that honesty is the best (though most difficult) policy. quite simply, you'll feel so much more comfortable with who you are as a person for doing so. PM me if you'd like to talk more about this, i have done a hell of a lot of thinking/philosophizing/debating over this subject of mormonism.

oh yeah and i'd like to set something clear on the polygamy thing: at the beginning of the churc, since men were going to war, doing more dangerous tasks and most importantly, women were more easily converted than men, there were simply a lot more women in the church at the time than men. thus, in order to avoid a bunch of single, impoverished, starving women, they instituted polygamy. it was a ratioanl decision. blind feminists can scoff if they want, but it (was) true.

--------------------

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
    #2069145 - 11/03/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Tao, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this issue.

"in a way i hate the religion for causing such an irrepairable rift between me and my parents"

I know exactly how you feel, even though I haven't had the pleasure of confronting my parents yet =\. The day comes closer and closer as time passes, and its going to suck so much.

Just curious, did you despise fast & testimony meeting more than the other regular sacrement meetings? I always get this really annoyed feeling, and I just want say "dammit, what is with all you people?"

I've also had lots of thoughts about prayer, and how I really don't like the principle. I may be wrong, but I feel that people praying to God with all sincerity, yet with no absolute proof he even exists, is too much for me to handle. I feel that people can convince themselves of whatever they want to convince themselves of, and that praying will only fool yourself into mistaking your own thoughts for an answer to your prayers. and Maybe I will PM you, I could probably use some advice.

You also bring a very good point about the church not allowing blacks the priestood for so long.. hmm, makes me wonder why theres only like 3 black mormons i've ever seen in the past 18 years...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom