Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 208 [Re: Worf]
    #4172363 - 05/13/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

outputrotation said:
Most Mormons are hypocritical bigots who think they are better than non-mormons.  They think non-mormons are the immoral scum of the earth, but at the same time they never follow any of their rules. 

Most People are hypocritical bigots. They say one thing and do another.

Quote:

outputrotation said:
For example if a mormon business only wants to hire mormons, they will call the church directly.  If you ever get in jail they will post bail. Get discounts at certain restaurants.  Are favored by cops, teachers, and basically anybody with any sort of authority.

The business thing is complete bullshit, my father is a devoted mormon, a member of the bishopbric (sp?) he owns his own company and knowing him, he would have only mormons work for him if possible. He favors mormons over other people. He has a bunch of non mormons working for him, always talking about drinking on the weekends and going to strip clubs (which are against mormon rules).

They will NOT post bail if you get in jail. My little brother was sent to jail for shoplifting and my parents had to bail him out, and pay for a lawyer for him.

The discount thing may be possible, but no different than if you have personal friends yourself that own a restaurant. you would most likely get a discoutn as well.

The last sentece of your above quote is just silly... I have personal experience with being pulled over multiple times in UTAH and the cop knowing that i was mormon still gave me a ticket ans showed me no mercy everytime. I have never gotten out of a ticket. I was even arrested for "reckless burning" in which the cop knew i was mormon and he showed me no favor. I received a punishment that any other person would receive.

Quote:

outputrotation said:
Thats why so many people pay the tithing.  They SAY it is optional but I guarantee you, if you don't pay it they will hound you and you lose all of those benefits in addition to being stigmatized by the mormon community.

So many pay tithing because of their devotion to the religion. It is just like any other religion really.  They will not hound you if you dont pay tithing. You will not be stigmatized by the mormon community because your bishop will not tell the mormon community that you dont pay tithing.

So much bullshit in this thread. I will be back later to point more of it out. :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 208 [Re: Jellric]
    #4172712 - 05/13/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
As far a being bigots, the Mormons I have met were very compassionate and tolerant.

Most cults will turn their nice face towards outsiders as long as they don't challenge them. Then you will see their dark side. That goes double for those in the cult who violate their rigid dogma. If they acted as they truly are no one would ever join them and they know that

Wow... this is just absurdly rediculous. You think that there is some sort of huge conspiracy among mormons to act one way around nonmembers and then act a compltely different way any other time? I consider my self a very paranoid person, but I think you may be lightyears beyond any levels of paranoia that i have attained. If you "violate their rigid dogma" you wont receive any crazy punishment or consequence as you tend to think.

I attended BYU for three years and some of my friends there were discommunicated (kicked out) from the church for various reasons (drugs, sex). These friends were not subject to any sort of punishment besides being unable to participate in certain mormon activities. They were still welcomed to attend church and members even encouraged them to attend still.

You should see a psychologist/psychiatrist/counselor.

I am currently seeing a psychiatrist, so my statement above is realy not biased. If you find a good one they could help you through some of your issues.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 208 [Re: Druginduced]
    #4172995 - 05/13/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RydawgSupreme said:
I attended BYU for three years...

I went to the U of U and graduated. Good football team this year. :smirk:

I'd love to discuss your theology with you.

Quote:

RydawgSupreme said:
...and some of my friends there were discommunicated (kicked out) from the church for various reasons (drugs, sex).

Don't you mean EXcommunicated for drugs and/or homosexuality?

Druggies and homosexuals are about the only people (other than the ones who denounce their faith) who get the boot from the Mormon Saints of the LD.

OK, I noticed you haven't addressed any of my posts, yet... and I have a few questions, most of whitch I have discussed in more detail, in earlier posts.

Here's a few new questions...

What happens in the temple? What is hidden from non-members? Durring marraige, why are crotches sometimes grabbed?

And a few old ones...

What do you think of the woman's role in the LDS church?

Does the LDS church teach that Cain became black after killing Abel? And are all black people related to the first murderer?

Are garments just cloth, or are they magic underwear?

How does a man become President of the LDS church, and when exactly does he become prophet? Before or after God tells him he's President? How does this make him a profit? Am I missing something?

Your thoughts on free speech on Main Street SLC?

And, for the South Park fans...

Why couldn't Prophet Smith translate that golden plate a second time? How exactly is this proof he wasn't full of shit?

And finally, out of morbid curiosoty...

Your thoughts on the Mark Hofmann bombings and documents?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 208 [Re: Rose]
    #4173641 - 05/14/05 04:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
How does a man become President of the LDS church, and when exactly does he become prophet? Before or after God tells him he's President? How does this make him a profit? Am I missing something?

It will make him a profit if he uses his position as a President/prophet to intimidate others into taking part in high-stakes tupperware transactions. :grin:

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 2080? [Re: sos]
    #4175862 - 05/14/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In the year 2080 there is projected to be around 250 million mormons.

theres already alot more morons than that...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mormons internation tyrant cult of our nightmares in 208 [Re: Rose]
    #4176108 - 05/14/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I will answer your questions to the best of my ability, i must say that i have been spending a lot of time in the past 5 or so years trying to forget about my upbringing in the mormon church. And also trying to break my mind from social stigmas imposed upon it by the lds church. What has worked best so far is smoking a lot of marijuana... hehe  :smile:.

I will also note i had been drinking heavily before, during and after the time my posts in this thread were made. I am also drinking right now. Im kind of an alcoholic. oh well.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Don't you mean EXcommunicated for drugs and/or homosexuality?

Reading over what I wrote, I meant to say '"disfellowed" from the church'. None of my friends were excommunicated. Two friends were disfellowed, one for having  sex (with a woman if you were wondering) in a dorm room and another for doing to many drugs not covering his tracks sufficiently.

In addition to homosexuality and drug use, i have heard stories from church officials (who were of higher status than a bishop) of people being excommunicated for adultery. Still I have never known anyone who has been excommunicated first hand, and I don't like spreading rumors. That story could possibly just be made up..

Quote:

Cervantes said:
What happens in the temple? What is hidden from non-members? Durring marraige, why are crotches sometimes grabbed?

The furthest I have been inside a temple is for doing baptisms for the dead. The post made earlier in this thread about what goes on during a baptism for the dead is quite accurate so i will not go into detail about it. About the other things that happen in a temple... I have also been kept in the dark. They are well kept secrets! I am pretty sure that it would only take me 15 minutes or so to search on google and find out all the secrets if i was inclined to do so. I suggest you try that if you really want to know! But i really do doubt that anything of much interest happens in there.

As for the crotch grabbing thing, i have never before heard anything about that.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
What do you think of the woman's role in the LDS church?

The biggest difference about male and female roles in the church is that men can hold the priesthood while women cannot. Though I always heard in sunday school that in marriage, women can somehow utilize the powers of priesthood through their husband. But i am not completely clear on the details of that. Male preisthood holders are still the only ones who can give 'blessings' to the sick, or to those who feel they need them.

Other than having zero tolerance for women to hold the priesthood, the role that women play in the lds church is really not that different from the role that women play in america, which is for the most part very socially accepted these days. Women dont hold very high positions in the lds church, and neither do they hold very high positions in american government.

I can say from experience that no blatant sexism occurs in the church in this day and age. Women are treated with the same respect as men by church leaders (bishops, etc) and even average members.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Does the LDS church teach that Cain became black after killing Abel? And are all black people related to the first murderer?

I have never heard it stated exactly like that. There is a story in the book of mormon about a tribe of Lamanites who were marked or cursed (i cant recall what it actually says) because they were so evil. Although it is never actually taught verbatim in sunday school, if you ask any lds member who puts a lot of time and effort into study of church doctrine they would most likely say that the mark/curse was black skin. And i have heard it from more than a just a few members, including my father.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Are garments just cloth, or are they magic underwear?

Stories are always circulated amongst church members of the protective power of garments. I have heard stories told during church 'sermons' of lds members caught in burning buildings. supposedly they were burned on their legs and arms, but no burns were any where the garments covered their body. It is implied that garments will protect you if you follow the word of god. I never wore garments so I don't know if they tell you more about them when you are about to receive a pair.

Quote:

Cervantes said:

I think that it takes blind faith to believe in prophets. In my opinion no man is favored by god any more than another man. No one receives special privleges from god that others will never have teh possibilty of obtaining.

As for the answer to your question, I can say that 90% of mormons would not know the inner workings of choosing the prophet and when exactly a man becomes a prophet. From my experience with the mormon church, i would guess that it involves a lot of prayers and talking among the apostles when the current president of the church dies. Prophets are always (as far as i know) chosen from one of the twelve apostles. I think it generally goes in order of who has been an apostle the longest. Who ever has been an apostle the longest usually becomes prophet. New apostles are usually chosen from the Quorum of the Seventy.

The difference between a prophet and an apostle is very minimal however... Once again I don't know the exact details, but if i recall correctly, apostles are only missing one 'key' of the priesthood that makes them unable to be a prophet.  And the word prophet in mormon terms means that you are capable of direct communication with god and jesus.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Your thoughts on free speech on Main Street SLC?

Im not really sure why you would want my thoughts on this as I don't think this question relates to the mormon church very much, but more to my personal ideologies and beliefs. I think free speech should be the same on any street in any city. Organizations and religions should not have the power to regulate where the constitution applies and where it does not.

I drove down main street in SLC a number of times while attending BYU, blasting music in my car with language that would be considered obscene by most mormons. I also saw a lot of homeless people roaming SLC and a few even right on main street. One of them talked to me when I was stopped at a red light and wanted me to run the red light for soem reason. i didn't do it if you were wondering! The point of this random story is that people generally arent hasseld by police or mormon militia on main street of SLC any more than you would be in another city...

I attended the mormon church's General Conference a year or two ago. their conference building is very close to main street. I took a trolley down main street to get to the conference building. Lining the sidewalks and streets outside of the conference building were tons of anti-mormon protesters hold signs and yelling, saying that mormons were the devil and what not. Theres no way you can say that freedom of speech was restricted in this situation...

Quote:

Cervantes said:
(south park question)

Your thoughts on the Mark Hofmann bombings and documents?

I saw the south park episode about mormons and it just tried to make mormonism look foolish. its no more foolish to be mormon than it is to devote yourself to any other religion.

I have never before heard of mark hoffman or his bombings or documents. I read up about it just now. It is really no surprise to me that his documents fooled church leaders. as i said earlier, In my opinion no man is favored by god any more than another man. Mormons (even those attending BYU) who say one thing but do another are a dime a dozen. and further more, people in general who say one thing but do another are a dime a dozen.  You cant really blame the organization for trusting one of its affiliates when this affiliate was really seeking to cause them harm. it has happened a countless number of times in the history of the world and it will happen a countless number yet to come.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale