I don't care if people have food stamps as long as they're using them for nutritious food. What annoys me is seeing people standing in line with their obese children buying nothing but shit food like ice cream, mountain dew, candy bars, and other junk foods with food assistance money. I also get annoyed when I see people using their food stamps to buy good organic milk in glass bottles, dump out the milk, and return the bottle just to get the four dollar deposit. They do it with pop cans here too. They'll buy a couple twelve packs of pop, dump it all out, and return the cans for the deposit so they can buy beer and cigarettes. If people are using food assistance to actually pay for food so that their income goes to other things, that's fine. And I don't care what they spend their own income on. Spend it all on hookers and blow for all I care, but food stamps should be spend on food which should then be consumed, not wasted.
I could probably get them because I am a college student and have had to drastically cut my work hours this semester. I doubt I'll apply.
#3 I believe you can have them for as long as you are eligible. The way I understand it you are re-evaluated every so often to see if you are still eligible and if they need to adjust how much you are getting based on any changes in your income.
|