Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Defragging our Minds....
    #1938203 -

Ever defrag a computer?

Our minds have picken up a hell of a lot of information in our growth into adults. So many sources instilling so many ideas, we no longer even know where these ideas came about, the intentions of the instillers, and their effects on who we are, the way we conduct ourselves, what we concern ourselves with, the way we feel and the thoughts that we have...

Some people make it into adulthood more or less clear-headed and heading in some sort of attention. Chances are, they were equipped by some sort of authority (parents, church, school) some firm beliefs that basically control them. Kids constantly trying to be cool (depending, of course, the definition of cool for them) will pursue what it is that makes them cool (drug use, fashion, etc.), kids powered by an idea of what is right or what is suspossed to happen (don't do drugs, pay attention in school, get a job, live cleanly, benefit society) end up following that..

My point is, is that most people go through life following some limited belief instilled in them for whatever intentions of the institution that put it there or they have no real structure and end up with no direction...

There are two more options. The people with no beliefs or structure end up picking up a structure, and the people with the strong beliefs make some realizations and release these beliefs.

Anyways, we have a lot of information in us that effects our day to day life. We need to take a time out (maybe with some mushrooms for quicker realizations) and figure out what thoughts we need to keep going and which ones are useless. Then the thoughts left and the new ones programmed in can be put into order and we are left with a fast and clean running system which can more effectively experience our experiences and get us where we decide we want to go...
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1938261 -

A human mind is a computer that we can program/de-program?
The human body is a vehicle, or a shell for this computer?

there are many different directions you can drive this vehicle, many different places you can end up... but does it really matter how you are programmed, which path you take, or where you end up?

if I remain I throughout, then the rest is all merely a change of scenery, a change of experience... which will then either add or subtract from my system- but if "I" remain "I", then when I die, what will be important, which aspects of my programming will reamain relevent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: sTePpInGoNsToNeS]
    #1938291 -

sTePpInGoNsToNeS said:
A human mind is a computer that we can program/de-program?
The human body is a vehicle, or a shell for this computer?



The human mind is some sort of computer where our thoughts actually program us.. And the human body and the brain are just the hardware.

Quote:
there are many different directions you can drive this vehicle, many different places you can end up... but does it really matter how you are programmed, which path you take, or where you end up?



Nope.

Quote:
if I remain I throughout, then the rest is all merely a change of scenery, a change of experience... which will then either add or subtract from my system- but if "I" remain "I", then when I die, what will be important, which aspects of my programming will reamain relevent?



Well, I personally believe that we are just a collection of energy, a spirit, pumped through this physical body and this life so that we can learn some lessons essential to our evolution into higher consciousness...

But I have no real way of validating that. However, I have seen the positive effects of working towards higher consciousness in my own life and I therefore pursue it...
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1938299 -

At the end of my first trip with HBWR my mind went through what i can only describe as a defragmenting process. Thoughts were orginizing themselves quite fast, almost as if all thse thoughts rushed through for easier access in the future. The next day i noticed my thought process was faster and more eficient.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: Spokesman]
    #1938300 -

Spokesman said:
At the end of my first trip with HBWR my mind went through what i can only describe as a defragmenting process. Thoughts were orginizing themselves quite fast, almost as if all thse thoughts rushed through for easier access in the future. The next day i noticed my thought process was faster and more eficient.



Damn, HBWR... Heard a lot about it. I should really look into it..
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1938945 -

dreaming=mental defragmentation


--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: monoamine]
    #1939112 -

Yessir!

And meditation = disc space cleaner.. or standby..whatever..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #1940056 -

Sleep isn't just defragging, it's the natural state of the body. The body actually produces chemicals which keep you awake. I'll look for the study on it and post it if I find it (my dad, who's a doctor, told me this).

It's funny you should post about that fireworks_god. One of my two trip buddies and I were discussing this very subject after our last trip :grin:


--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1940201 -

Alan Stone said:
Sleep isn't just defragging, it's the natural state of the body. The body actually produces chemicals which keep you awake. I'll look for the study on it and post it if I find it (my dad, who's a doctor, told me this).

It's funny you should post about that fireworks_god. One of my two trip buddies and I were discussing this very subject after our last trip :grin: 



Thats intresting man, so if what your saying is right, then our bodies are constantly struggling to stay concious or awake. Hmm... maybe the "real" world is the one in your drems, and being awake is just when our minds log on to this "internet" that holdsup what we think is concious reality... hmmmm... intresting indeed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: Spokesman]
    #1940371 -

Spokesman said:
hmmmm... intresting indeed. 



Indeed. :grin:

I have never heard about this before, but it sounds very interesting.. just how do we know that this is reality and not a dream?  :evil:
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Defragging our Minds.... [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1966587 -

Quote:
Alan Stone said:
Sleep isn't just defragging, it's the natural state of the body. The body actually produces chemicals which keep you awake. I'll look for the study on it and post it if I find it (my dad, who's a doctor, told me this).




I'm sorry to say it turns out this is just a theory, voiced in a National Geographic documentary. Must have understood wrong.

Couldn't find a link about it on the net either.

27,000 apologies.  :frown:


--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (09/30/03 03:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Human mind vs body(Re:the self post)
( 1 2 all )
PsycheStudent 3,899 24 05/03/10 04:11 PM
by BluePixieWaves
* The Law of Subtraction capliberty 1,145 5 07/07/06 11:19 AM
by capliberty
* is it possible to live in a world your mind creates?
( 1 2 all )
NiGGy 3,038 30 02/10/03 12:02 PM
by Killjoy
* De-Programming somebodyelse 969 13 06/20/03 06:31 PM
by johnnyfive
* The Mind Body Connection
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Phluck 13,817 151 01/21/04 02:17 AM
by Anonymous
* Tell-a-vision Programming!
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 4,036 57 03/02/06 09:15 PM
by Ravus
* Losing My Mind As We Speak fireworks_godS 602 13 10/04/03 02:39 AM
by fireworks_god
* Programming/filters/ego Ego Death 948 12 04/26/08 05:56 PM
by coulterIV

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
703 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.