Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: zzripz]
    #18181811 -

I dont think women are particularly better at facing reality than men. :shrug:


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18181825 -

liquidlounge said:
I dont think women are particularly better at facing reality than men. :shrug:



Women, far more than boys, learn at an early age how to effectively manipulate men all the time and particularly dad, and most other women go along with this plan including mom.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18181843 -

:woah:


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18181959 -

LunarEclipse said:
liquidlounge said:
I dont think women are particularly better at facing reality than men. :shrug:



Women, far more than boys, learn at an early age how to effectively manipulate men all the time and particularly dad, and most other women go along with this plan including mom.



couldn't have said it better myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Jaegar]
    #18182322 -

Jaegar said:
From my workplace experience women are generally less motivated towards work and get men to carry them.



yes I definitely do. Compared to the way women are treated in other countries, women here are treated like gods. And yet all the women cry like spoiled little babies saying "we aren't equal." Not trying to be rude but just calling it as I see it. Yes to answer the OP generally


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Patito]
    #18184268 -

:ilold:

:pokerawe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18184391 -

Feminism is a sign of prosperity isn't it?

A powerful society's downfall is usually it's own success, but this can hardly be blamed on a segment of the population or a particular movement.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Patito]
    #18184482 -

Patito said:
Recent studies have found women to be less happy than they were post WWII. Women are torn between the freedom to pursue a career and the biological pull to raise a family. Doing both can be exhausting, but the current economic situation has necessitated it.

Not only are women less happy than men, but female happiness declines with age. Correct me if I am wrong, but feminism tells women that they do not need to marry straight out of college -- go pursue your career and fuck guys in casual hookups/relationships as much as you want. After all, women = men right? But when a woman is in her thirties and wants to settle down with a man (career no longer as important), she will have to compete with women in their twenties, who still maintain their youthful looks. Unfortunately, her 'value' decreases much earlier than a man's, since men consider looks/sex appeal more than women do. Financially stable men of the same age shouldn't have the same trouble in finding a long-term mate.

I would argue that feminism has contributed to the decline of marriage. Traditionally, part of the appeal of marriage for men has been the access to consistent sex. With the increased promiscuity of women, combined with the economical strains in raising children, men have less incentive to get married, especially in their twenties.

What exactly do feminists hope to accomplish today, since women appear to have just about everything? The big talking point is the apparent wage gap, and women will cite the $.77 figure they make for every dollar that a man makes. False equivalency. The figure just compares the median wage of men and women, not accounting for the type of job. Expect the 'gap' to be even smaller as aging baby boomers retire.

In fact, some studies suggest that women will be making more than their male counterparts in due time. Here is one that shows women under 30 make 8% more than men in 147 out of the 150 biggest US cities.

Unhappy women, emasculated men, and the end of chivalry. Thanks, hard feminism.



not convinced modern women are unhappy considering how much power and equality they have .
just doesnt ring true .


--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18184736 -

LOL well that is typical 'male' judgment isn't it--bit bias there laddy. try telling that to the many women who HAVE to face reality when tis they who are left with the pregnancy and forthcoming baby he was partly responsible for her having, but then swans off when he cannot.....? face the reality of it! She HAS to!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: zzripz]
    #18184811 -

saying women have power and equality is far from a biased male judgement .:grin:


--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18185120 -

atomicshaman said:
saying women have power and equality is far from a biased male judgement .:grin:



how many female stockbrokers do you know? :strokebeard:

i will say women and girls tend to be the biggest consumers, pop music etc seems predominantly aimed at them too.


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18185142 -

atomicshaman said:
saying women have power and equality is far from a biased male judgement .:grin:



and what do you even mean BY power. Do you mean women who are included in patriarchal power?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: topdog82] * 1
    #18185348 -

topdog82 said:
But anyways, women cause something like 70% of divorces. Because when we label em as weaker, we kind of have to baby them




Source? Or is that a made up statistic? 

Quote:
What percentage of women are whipped by their boyfriuends? Very little. What percentage of men have been whipped at some point in there lives? A fuckton more than women. That is forsure




Really? It would seem that all evidence points to the contrary, that women are physically abused by their partner at a much higher rate than men. It also only makes logical sense.
Or do you mean "whipped" as in completely controlled? That is because many guys are idiots and treat their partner as a sex machine - allowing for their partner to then control them. Perhaps both treating each other as equals would create a better relationship, no?

Quote:
When we label them as weak  and kind of enforce vicotorian perceptions of women (weak, beautfiul, and to be appreaciarted. Delicate etc.) we have to "take care of them" as a side effect to that.




I don't label them as "weak" but as equal. Someone can be beautiful and an equal. I also don't believe I have to "take care of them" which reeks of pandering.

Quote:
We know what happens from there...



What?

All I can see is you are fairly upset at women for something - perhaps at your mom for the divorce of your parents which you say you are glad about?


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (04/29/13 08:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Cyclohexylamine] * 1
    #18185410 -

My bullshit meter is detecting a whiny male woman hater. :lol: These types imo hate strong women because they themselves are weak.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Icelander]
    #18185423 -

I feel that feminism is not detrimental to western society, but rather one of the reasons why western society is unique. Take a couple of feminists and drop em off in the middle east and see how they fare.  Just my .02


--------------------
Cube Master

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: zzripz]
    #18185847 -

zzripz said:
LOL well that is typical 'male' judgment isn't it--bit bias there laddy.



I never said men in general are better than women or vice versa.

They are mostly the same bunch in the end.


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18185861 -

Icelander said:
My bullshit meter is detecting a whiny male woman hater. :lol: These types imo hate strong women because they themselves are weak.



:lol: Yup

liquidlounge said:
I never said men in general are better than women or vice versa.

They are mostly the same bunch in the end.



Exactly. :thumbup:


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (04/29/13 10:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: JCSuperstar]
    #18188331 -

JCSuperstar said:
I feel that feminism is not detrimental to western society, but rather one of the reasons why western society is unique. Take a couple of feminists and drop em off in the middle east and see how they fare.  Just my .02



:doublefacepalm:

Lets drop you off in the middle east and see how you fare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? [Re: Jaegar]
    #18188570 -

Jaegar said:
From my workplace experience women are generally less motivated towards work and get men to carry them.



Is feminism a detriment to western society?

I'd have to say it circumstantially is, like any other 'ism'... But what is this vision of 'society' we are perceiving to be damaged by this?

I actually made a thread on misplaced hate and feminism. a few months back.. In which I shared the video I will post below the link to the old thread.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17330800#17330800



--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is femisnism a detriment to western society? *DELETED* [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #18188629 -

Post deleted by Repertoire89

Reason for deletion: consolidating


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* western society disables evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
secretmachine 5,522 49 10/30/06 11:24 AM
by ShamanSoul
* Aging and Western Society
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,365 26 09/21/02 06:04 PM
by Albino_Jesus
* Feminism
( 1 2 all )
Unagipie 2,392 35 11/17/05 03:56 AM
by Unagipie
* Drug Use in Modern Society
( 1 2 all )
DigitalDuality 5,404 30 05/25/04 08:28 PM
by Redo
* Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul
( 1 2 all )
redtailedhawk 3,337 24 01/19/07 09:41 PM
by daytripper23
* i'm drunk...and i'm wondering...what are the role(s) of drugs in our society and in philosophy.... TameMe 1,066 15 11/06/05 08:33 PM
by Silversoul
* Society's Pressure on Fat People
( 1 2 3 all )
fireworks_godS 6,355 53 09/27/03 02:03 PM
by Scarfmeister
* What do you have against modern society?
( 1 2 3 all )
Phluck 3,526 45 08/04/05 06:17 PM
by MrChampignon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,663 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.