Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6477713 - 01/19/07 08:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:

me too. And a lot of other people have too. There is an entire 'voluntarily simplicity' movement going on, where people have consciously chosen to live more simple life, work less, buy less and enjoy more free time in order to focus on more important things in life - such as friendships and close relationships, creative expression, contemplating nature, etc. So it can be done. Even in the West.

Not only can it be done in the west but this is possibly the biggest and most powerful political statement you can make against a nuerotic delusional society, culture, and government. The next stage in neohuman evolution will most certainly be a selfselecting process. weve escaped natural selection so self-selection is the natural step up. so in my mind anyone undertaking this great endever is contributing directly to the propagation of a progressive social meme and the evolution of the world consciousness.

--------------------
"Its a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"--Lewis Carroll

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path . . . one that we must all take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass...
Gandalf: ...And then you see it.
Pippin: What, Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [Softly:] No... No it isn't.

"The universe is an intelligence test"--Timothy leary

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul [Re: Noveltyhead]
    #6477733 - 01/19/07 08:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

self selection? how does this work?

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul [Re: daytripper23]
    #6477750 - 01/19/07 08:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

one makes an educated decision to enter himself into the neohuman evolutionary pattern. This is done now by choosing the linguistic, cultural, social, spiritual memes to accept; but in the future(at least speculativley) will not be limited to the evolution of mind and group mind dynamics but people will be able to choose to be upgraded in a very physical sense through cybernetics. Those who choose to remain in a conservative reactionary state will do exactly that and be preserved conserved or simply stagnate. But those who choose a progressive path (I don't want to say liberal but maybe that is the right word) will do exactly that and evolve progressivly.

--------------------
"Its a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"--Lewis Carroll

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path . . . one that we must all take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass...
Gandalf: ...And then you see it.
Pippin: What, Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [Softly:] No... No it isn't.

"The universe is an intelligence test"--Timothy leary

OfflineAmethyst
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6478334 - 01/19/07 11:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:
The cultural programming is so strong and so all pervasive that we don't even notice it anymore.

And then comes the mushroom.

lol, yes! It's one serious wake up call.

Quote:

The mushrooms have a remarkable way of stripping down all cultural programming down to its bones. And when it does that, you notice that you are being brainwashed, you notice that there is an extreme gap between what you were made to believe and what truly is. You loose the points of connection you shared with your friends and family - you no longer find alcohol intoxicated Friday nights fun, you no longer buy the latest gadgets your friends buy because you see it as a waste of money, you can no longer stand in silence when you witness the social injustices and environmental destruction, etc. You're no longer 'fun'.

I second that....I went through a rather depressing stage when I was first revealed the harsh reality's that we have been blinded too. But then when i stood up and pulled myself out of the "game", thats when the real magic started. You start meeting some amazing and beautiful people, nature suddenly glows so much brighter, you start to evolve very quick... For me the hard part now is, letting go of my old attachments, my old ways, that like other people's have caused our ignorance amongst society. But damn, don't they hang on. I'm diving in the deep end and throwing myself into 3rd world country's for the next 8months, with the intention of cleansing myself of this western disease.

--------------------
"That's the story moving from the NO to the YES. All of life is like, no thankyou, no thankyou, no thankyou. Then ultimatey it's YES i give in, YES I accept, YES I embrace."

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Life in the Western world is physically easier but much more complicated for the soul [Re: Amethyst]
    #6478386 - 01/19/07 11:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I think that a middle path is much easier to find outside of society, but once i figure out enough to take the world lightly, then i think i will jump back in to society for shits and giggles. The complexity of the modern world may be gods greatest artwork.

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale