Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Deja Vu
    #1696396 - 07/08/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i have this feeling all the time. Almost every day and sometimes more than once a day. Its so strange and has boggled my mind forever. What kind of research has been done on this? links?

Untill reasently i have been unable to come up with any kind of decent explanation. But since ive been reading a lot of book on astral projection and stuff like that it has occured to me that this could just be a brief involuntary spontaneous connection with the Akhashik (sp?) records. What do you guys think?

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Vulture]
    #1696407 - 07/08/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I remember my friend telling me that there weere studies on this, and that all deja vu is, is the inability for the mind to catch up with the present. so its like a glitch kind of. BUt really... sometimes i dont know. You would have to go into a lot of argument over the issue. i think you would see a split on the evidence of facts, and the ability to believe in your ideas. i had a simmilar post about this, how its kind of a prediction of the future... and when you get to that point in your head it just kind of clicks in. SO maybe if you had a bad run in you could be like shit i knew this... which would to me explain de ja vu's. cause maybe you saw it in some state of your sleep as it went by your conciousness... and you just caught up with the moment in real life.

--------------------
What?

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1696430 - 07/08/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

For me, whenever I have deja vu, I DISTINCTLY remeber it being from my dreams. It happens once a week or so(sometimes more, sometimes less). I'll just be doing something, and I will think,Ive been here, I dreamed this, and right then the dream comes back to me and I remember it in clarity. I used to think I was some sort of psychic or some shit, but the truth is, most people have precognative dreams of some sort, but just dont remember them. I found when I started remembering my dreams and taking note of them, the "deja vu" happened more frequently. It really is an amazing thing.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1696457 - 07/08/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

woah wait a minute guys I've seen this thread before!!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Strumpling]
    #1696545 - 07/08/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have been struggling with the whole deja view thing for he longest time. usually i get this with weed, and it can sometimes feel like i am giving othe people in the room thoughts before they are consciously aware of the birthplace of the thought, they will just blurt out what i say. i tried to get to the bottom of this with heavy pshycadelic drug use but all i get is more questions than answers. it amost seems that i am one step ahead of some people, and some of these people are quite smart. when the deja view comes i immediatly feel as though i have alread travelled to the given location in a dream or something, but yet at the same time this is happening it feels like i am dreaming,so thats when the confusion sets in. one possibilty i formulated with the use of mushrooms is that every possible reality already exsists infront of my eyes, i simply need to move to a place so i can experience that, it all had to do with nature of light "the nature of time".

" maybe you are all just me, and thats that, and we just need to come together now "

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Deja Vu [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1697080 - 07/08/03 07:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I know people who get this type of deja vu from cannabis, but it never happened to me. Cannabis does fuck with short-term memory and your sense of time, so it's not unreasonable that it could cause deja vu.

The classic deja vu where you think you recognize a place or an event that you can't possibly have experienced before, might just be a spurious "false positive" from the brain in its tireless and constant matching of sensory perceptions to previously recorded memories.

Remembering it as a forgotten dream could be either an unconscious rationalization to explain the event, or it could actually be the memory of a precognitive dream that you had forgotten about and didn't write down. It's hard to tell.

When I say precognitive dream, I mean any dream that contains elements that match real events in the future. I'm not saying that they are caused by unexplained information transfer from the future to the past. But there's something going on, because on certain occasions I have had that weird feeling that you get from a synchronism, but I got it during the dream (or right after waking up), long before the dream is confirmed by the real event. I think there's still a lot we don't know about the subconscious mind, and maybe also about causality.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1697106 - 07/08/03 07:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:

I think you're right.  :smirk:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Deja Vu [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1697229 - 07/08/03 08:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ViBrAnT said:
and it can sometimes feel like i am giving othe people in the room thoughts before they are consciously aware of the birthplace of the thought, they will just blurt out what i say.

I'll testify to this.
I have this friend of mine, (my lead guitarist, actually), and we're both on the same fucking level, for the most part, and we both notice the same thing going on between us. All the time. I think we're really connected, and that explains it, sort of a "mass consciousness" or telepathy. I can't really describe it, but I think a lot of people have been experiencing this lately. (the symptoms of a shift to 4th density, Shroomism?(forgot the fucking question mark)
I mean, most of the time it is just me thinking something, him saying something on the subject to another person right then, but a couple of times I swear he's made comments to me right after I thought something, that are in direct response to what I thought (out of nowhere, too, like I'll be watching a movie and he's playing guitar, and we aren't even talking).
It's fucked up to experience, but the mental connection should help our playing together in our band (me=bass, him=lead guitar).
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (07/08/03 10:42 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1697424 - 07/08/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is not scientific opinion on Earth, but in other places it is considered quite valid.

Deja Vu is having experiences which remind you of similar experiences in past lives. Akashic records, indeed.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #1697488 - 07/08/03 10:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

other places than earth?

cool where have you been vacationing?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1697519 - 07/08/03 10:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Took a short trip to the Pleiades

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #1698343 - 07/09/03 03:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You need SPF 150 as the radiation is intense there, but the beaches are awesome!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
    #1698477 - 07/09/03 03:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i know what you mean.. i didnt read the other posts yet, i will later.. so i apologize if what im about to say was already written. but ive had "that" ever since childhood, and back then it would come and go.. didnt remember its happening for long. but what does it make you question? it always made me question free will.. because to me if we see something knowing it already happened.. how can we differ from that path that was at some point set before us? it always made me feel trapped. you go left, you go right.. YOU fight, but the sad fact is that it was all pre planned and somehow your "mind" woke up to that fact.. do you DECIDE to go left at a given moment? thats why the only way ive seen out for a long time is dreams.. lucid, controlled dreams.. what else is there? in dreams or "meditation" is the only time we are given freedom, the only time were given true free will, or allowed to cultivate it. what if this.. what if every time you have "deja vu" youre remembering.. remembering your life.. and what if once you die "you" are placed back into your "shell" and live the same life over and over and over again.. and the periods in which you wake up are in dreams or in the "deja vu" occurances.. that youre doomed to live the same life/mistakes over and over for infinity. but you recognize it, you say to yourself "ive seen this before"... the only question is.. to what degree does it haunt you??? and will you recognize it as the wonder it most certainly is...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1698517 - 07/09/03 04:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology