Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16650799 -

At least you are getting a glimmer of the silliness of your position. See? Progress is being made. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16650834 -

I can see why you would think it's silly, but I honestly believe it should be enforced. :satansmoking:

The forum would probably be a lot less popular then, though. People like to rag on each other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16650861 -

Attempting to make over eveyone in your image and likeness is far more destructive than any perceived sin of mine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16650879 -

One facet about behavior in a specific forum within a larger forum.

It's already found it's way here in the form of personalisms. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16650895 -

Quote:
One facet about behavior in a specific forum within a larger forum.



We DO, however, strive for complete sentences. That way we don't have to guess what the fuck another member is trying to communicate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16650916 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:
One facet about behavior in a specific forum within a larger forum.



We DO, however, strive for complete sentences. That way we don't have to guess what the fuck another member is trying to communicate.



OrgoneConclusion said:
Should?



That's calling the kettle black. :lol:

If you really need clarity, add "I'm talking about" to the beginning of my sentence, in response to "wanting to make people in my likeness".

Edited by Vore (08/05/12 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651000 -

I am not the one who needs clarity. I communicate very well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16651007 -

Your clarity is good, that was a jab at telling someone else to use complete sentences. "Should?" is not a complete sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651023 -

Your jab needs work. :boxing:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16651107 -

:okay:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651117 -

Awwwww! :hug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16651150 -

There are some pains that only ice cream can solve.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651172 -

If you're a woman.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16651221 -

I'll stick to my ice cream, you stick to the peanut brittle grandpa. :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651230 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651383 -

Vore said:
I'm already the perfect poster to myself :willynilly:

But no, I don't think wanting everyone to aim for constructive criticism is a bad thing. Free will be damned.




Who determines what constructive is and how that is presented?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Icelander]
    #16651449 -

A mod would I guess. I know I won't be pushing for the change, that would be like pushing a boulder up a hill.

I don't want to see extensive change, but I dislike that personalisms are a no-go but an insults - not criticism, just empty insults - to argument are permitted.

E.G. "Sunblock doesn't help at all. Thinking sunblock works is retarded." There's a claim and an insult to argument, but no substance. It's not constructive.

E.G. "Sunblock isn't as helpful as many think. Chemical A has been found to increase sun absorption. (source)" is constructive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16651661 -

I'm praying that being stupid does pay off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore]
    #16651914 -

Vore said:
A mod would I guess. I know I won't be pushing for the change, that would be like pushing a boulder up a hill.

I don't want to see extensive change, but I dislike that personalisms are a no-go but an insults - not criticism, just empty insults - to argument are permitted.

E.G. "Sunblock doesn't help at all. Thinking sunblock works is retarded." There's a claim and an insult to argument, but no substance. It's not constructive.

E.G. "Sunblock isn't as helpful as many think. Chemical A has been found to increase sun absorption. (source)" is constructive.




This place would be a tomb in a short time.  Humans are emotional creatures and we need to replace our warlike conflict with the rather harmless sport like conflicts we have here.. :satansmoking:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being stoopid pays off [Re: Vore] * 1
    #16652209 -

I don't want to see extensive change, but I dislike that personalisms are a no-go but an insults - not criticism, just empty insults - to argument are permitted.

E.G. "Sunblock doesn't help at all. Thinking sunblock works is retarded." There's a claim and an insult to argument, but no substance. It's not constructive.


That's not a personalism. It's a piss-poor debating tactic.

Muzzling people because they make shitty arguments (unsubstantiated attack on an idea) sucks just as much as allowing it. Given the choice, I lean toward letting people do what they do as long as it's not disruptive.

Calling [fill in the blank] stupid is poor form and easily defeated by a considered counter argument. Instead of whining that someone called your pet idea stupid and didn't substantiate it, go on the offensive and show us how weak that argument is and how much better yours is.

I think that's a lot more interesting than a muzzle to help those with a thin skin and an inability to tear apart an easy point of debate. Besides, we already have a forum for that. PS&P doesn't need to duplicate it.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Argument by Design Bullfrog1 1,693 10 12/09/07 07:38 PM
by Holly
* Stoopid Design
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 8,938 115 09/30/05 02:52 AM
by Diploid
* Argument for the undefinable dblaney 1,014 14 03/11/06 02:32 AM
by BlueCoyote
* Constructive vs. Destructive Economist 1,427 9 05/17/07 10:39 PM
by Silversoul
* You are at your best when you are simply yourself - is this an insult?
( 1 2 all )
kaniz 2,193 21 01/18/06 05:52 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? JoseLibrado 1,448 18 08/30/07 01:32 AM
by onlynow
* The Social Construction of Race Alobar 1,071 16 08/31/05 10:37 AM
by crunchytoast
* Is all knowledge constructive? Fospher 1,239 19 12/20/05 04:42 PM
by BlueCoyote

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,239 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.