Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted?
    #7346591 - 08/29/07 12:45 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

.... How do you handle being called a (blank) thing you think is
dis-respectful/Insulting....

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Guilt is an outcome of believing you are the cause of the problems.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Edited by fireworks_god (08/29/07 12:24 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEpigallo
Stranger

Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #7346605 - 08/29/07 12:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

maybe say or do something over the top ridiculous that will redirect the anger into humor

Offlinealarmist
fade like a sigh
Loc: canada
Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: Epigallo]
    #7346666 - 08/29/07 01:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i don't really ever put myself in a position to be insulted so i'm not sure how i would react

--------------------
there's no love in fear

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #7346745 - 08/29/07 01:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

best would probably be to avoid the situation in which judgement was projected. who wants to be around that egoic shit.

or come back with a label and call the guy who labelled you a robot from a lower dimension, i'm sure he will understand.

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: onlynow] * 1
    #7346755 - 08/29/07 01:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Most people that call you a (blank) are looking for a response...

The best thing to do is ignore it.

Gauge their reaction...

Then you can better deal with the situation.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: kimikiri]
    #7346855 - 08/29/07 02:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i agree, that was just one of my lame jokes.. :sad:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: PA
Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: onlynow]
    #7346866 - 08/29/07 02:30 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

insults can actually be a great method of humor if used correctly...

insults are also a good way to show how insecure and weak you are emotionally or concerning certain topics. it's our way of being ignorant and rude, to get to people. it can also prove that we have a short temper and are hot-headed.

but in similiar ways, it helps us give charge, and add emotion, to the messages that we are trying to get across.

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey F*CK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: lysergicide]
    #7346892 - 08/29/07 02:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i think any judgement towards another could cause potential harm to the relationship. some people just don't like to be around others who use such labels. maybe people use them as defense mechanisms because of their fear of being vulnerable.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: JoseLibrado]
    #7347872 - 08/29/07 12:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I uncensored your subject title. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7348487 - 08/29/07 03:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I just remind myself of one of two or three things: If the insult or complement describes me as a description that is bad - i relive the truth that i am not just bad but good aswell. So when i am mistaken and begin to feel bad or good about myself, as a result of being misguided by the insulter or the complementer, I relive that i am both good and bad, at nature and bring my feelings centered and balanced so that i can experience and discover myself, without a filter of bitterness, resentment, shame, pride and within love unconditional. Unconditional love, because under-no-condition does my nature of being neither good or bad, but both, change.

The 2nd one is the most simple yet most challenging for me to understand and apply. When a person is describing you, to you, they are actually describing the feeling they get as a result of their feelings, values and thought patterns, interacting with yours. Ex. Some people you come across can seem to you be fuck faces or love dragons. To you they will not be both, as you we tend to pick one judgement that is 'most true' about a person. Really then these people are not any one thing, as the insulter believes them to be.
It is no different than when you scratch your ball in front of people who do not think a good person scratches his balls in public or runs naked in the streets. They are mistaken in them saying you are a bad person and simply do interact well with the values and feelings that urged you to scratch your tesitcles in public. Another example is when my dog licks me in exictement, when i begin to express to her that my mother is coming home...she doesnt actually like me, in that moment, but how she interacts with me expressing those thoughts she see's as good.

The best way i can illustrate this is like this: When two or more individuals interact, they begin to 'rub' against eachother, like two magnets. In some instances in our life, we see that we cannot 'connect' and can connect with some more than others. However, an insult and complement are simply ways to describe this connection, to judge this connection and when we do insult or are insulted we are only describing eachother as - connectable or unconncectable and not in actuality the person.
I mean is it even possible to describe an individual and yourself, if that indvidual and yourself are always discovering themselves anew, changing every day?

Now im not saying that we should or should not desire to be with a person on a count of you not being able to trully judge them - thats is a truth you discover and express as you reflect on your interactions with them - all i am saying is that judging people makes sense - if you believe that you can see them as completly and fully, responsible for their feelings, values and thoughts patterns, towards others and things within reality. I cannot, as this would be assuming that individuals are not interconnected with our cultures feelings, values and thought patter/systems.
I would like to clarify that i do not mean to say that we should let people who feel like they want to rape and murder others, free to do so, because they are not responsible. In the context of society,i am saying that these people are interconnected with our cultures, feelings and values. And to say that they are responsible compleltly for their feelings that incurr an act like rape, is to discount our cultures indeffinate and pivitol influence on their feelings and desires.

The third ties into the second one - there is no scale of measure for the descriptiion of being valued as a dumbass or a hero, which one could relate universally to every single person. In a sense, everything we see is not absolutly as it is, but relative to the self within us.

Lots love for you all!
Jlm

--------------------
The mind is a creative tool. It searches to protect you, through message sensations(feelings). It is no different than a computer, you need to make sure its anti-virus program is in check and that it doesnt have a script that limits your experience, because of to much precaution.

And remember the computer does not appear to respond to words of anger and frustration - just give it input, in the form of new meanings that you know to be true and its messages to you and the limits it lays out for you, will change.

Yet, we are not a cause to something, we see is negative or bad - Unless you believe your intentions are directed towards a bad outcome....

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

#7348844 - 08/29/07 05:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Now im not saying that we should or should not desire to be with a person on a count of you not being able to trully judge them - thats is a truth you discover and express as you reflect on your interactions with them - all i am saying is that judging people makes sense - if you believe that you can see them as completly and fully

good judgments are nice, as they could be seen as compliments..

but negative judgement which comes from certain opinionated individuals does not provide for a positive environment to all. working in a social environment shows me this, those who judge are looked down upon and those who remain open and don't throw labels on everyone they see are respected.

maybe we are using different definitions or are interpreting this differently. i personally feel you are over-analyzing this. i just don't see the need to project my opinions onto others, from personal experience this has shown me that it does more harm than good. this reminds me of a girl i know whom nobody likes, she talks about everyone and everything she sees. nobody likes this and thats why we are not her friends, some people just don't like to hear the shit.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7348961 - 08/29/07 05:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoseLibrado said:

I cry and pout but don't let anyone know about it. That way I can stay enlightened.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: Icelander]
    #7349039 - 08/29/07 06:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

your not enlightened, your emo.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: onlynow]
    #7349042 - 08/29/07 06:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

More like devo.:monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: Icelander]
    #7349053 - 08/29/07 06:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so your deteriorating now?

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7349303 - 08/29/07 07:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoseLibrado said:

On this forum, my answer would be that I would consider the source....
Posting on the internet I consider to be an entertainment (in most, but not all respects),
And since I don't get flustered from other entertainment sources like a movie, it really doesn't bother me to be insulted....

In real life, it depends upon the state of my mood at that time....
If I react in a way that "flusters" me, I calm down by considering the source....   
If the source is someone that I respect and their opinion means a lot to me,
I evaluate their mood, and perhaps consider what they are saying (depending upon their mood)....

In most cases I would attempt to use humor, as I usually try to do in most cases, insulted or not....  :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7349439 - 08/29/07 08:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i always like to up the ante.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineJoseLibrado
return

Re: Hey FUCK face, what do you think about being Insulted? [Re: kotik]
    #7349863 - 08/29/07 10:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"good judgments are nice, as they could be seen as compliments"

Nice is nice thats for sure. I know that nice doesnt justify the truth, nice is on a scale that only individuals create. The truth is. Nice is a way to describe how something relates to your idea/feeling towards what is nice and not nice.

"but negative judgement which comes from certain opinionated individuals does not provide for a positive environment to all. working in a social environment shows me this, those who judge are looked down upon and those who remain open and don't throw labels on everyone they see are respected."

I see - Thought i bievlive respect is inherant to life - i respect every life - i see the limitless value of life - while enjoying the relative values of relat-ing to individual lives, individual truths and feelings.

"maybe we are using different definitions or are interpreting this differently. i personally feel you are over-analyzing this. i just don't see the need to project my opinions onto others, from personal experience this has shown me that it does more harm than good. this reminds me of a girl i know whom nobody likes, she talks about everyone and everything she sees. nobody likes this and thats why we are not her friends, some people just don't like to hear the shit."

I didnt see the need for it either, projecting over something to someone that is untrue would be denying the truth. Take the last line you wrote. "Some people just do not like to hear that shit" Can easily be turned into - some people just dont like to hear that shit, 'that shit'refering to that person who is expressing 'that shit. This is what i am saying - we cannot actually make an opinion about her based on what she is saying - in short - you cannot conclude anything about her, as a true opinion cuz the person herself, is always changing and discovering new truth, like all of us.

Trying to form an opinion about someone, is like trying to conclude and define a color that is always changing. Impossible.
I can only conclude within the moment - if that color mixes with that color I am - to create a color I see judge as beautiful.

I love you all! You beatiful colors!

--------------------

Offlineonlynow
Male User Gallery

#7350562 - 08/30/07 03:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Trying to form an opinion about someone, is like trying to conclude and define a color that is always changing. Impossible.

:thumbup::sun:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology