Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1650755 -

What channel are you WATCHING?


--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1650774 -

I haven't watched TV for 8 months or so.

I'm not saying TV is stupid and I'm not saying I'm above the concept of television. I do think however that many, many people are dependent of it. I just decided to step back. It's not something I want to need on a daily basis.

I mean, why not? I can do much better things with my time.

I still watch movies though, because I can pick the ones I want to watch and some movies are really worth watching. You could say, "Yeah, but you can choose the shows you want to watch on TV!", but honestly television to me has always been about zapping and then choosing.

It's a personal decision. I don't really give a crap if people want to watch it or not.


--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Meph]
    #1651474 -

Television is just a meaningless peice of technology, its like an empty canvas, it has no substance. what YOU decide to put on your television is the problem, if you watch wrestling and cnn, then yes, tv will be disgusting grotesqueness. but its your choice, you could just as easily watch a nature documentary or a security video of your apartment's parking lot. or you could videotape yourself medetating and play it on your television and it could be a really "spiritual" experience. its up to you, manifest your destiny, rent videos that help you learn a foriegn language, watch a cooking show and learn how to make sushi. take control of the technology that enslaves so many.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (06/21/03 04:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Phluck]
    #1651749 -

Quote:
TV can be a great thing.




TV, is addicting drugs, the same as Mcdonalds food!

Quote:
I know a lot of trendy pseudo-intellectual types think that getting rid of their TV makes them culturally superior to the masses, but it really just disconnects you from the reality of today's conciousness




Culturally superior?? Todays conscieousness in TV??

na, maybe in movies, tv is like a blank wall, and even if your not watching tv, its almost like its inviting to say on and you don't have to listen to it.


--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1651930 -

TV, is addicting drugs, the same as Mcdonalds food!

-no, tv is not addictive, certain strands of pop-culture may be addictive for some people, but it is a very mild addiction, with no withdrawl.

and television does represent modern consciousness, it is made by humans and thusly represents their thoughts, and since it is capitalist controlled, it represents what humans want to see. I dont like that many shows, but I do like some, and those shows that I do like definitly co-relate with my mentality.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1652068 -

There was some research done showing how watching TV can make you feel tired. Next time you watch a movie for 2 hours, remeber how energetic you were before the movie and compare it when your done watching. There is a noticeable difference (at least for me anyways).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: chodamunky]
    #1652103 -

Television: Opiate of the Masses

And for the record, i think all addictions by definition have withdrawls. 'Normal' withdrawls are just like getting sick, big deal. I've had withdrawls from effexor and i felt like i had a cold or something. It's the part of the addiction where you have been useing it to regulate emotions, that's the problem. And that goes for any and all addictions, including the ones you DONT inject, smoke, snort or drink.


--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: David_Scape]
    #1652338 -

i used to watch television constantly and never had any withdrawl, thusly----television addiction has no withdrawl.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1652423 -

I implied in my post that there is'nt much use in calling something an 'addiction' just because it has withdrawls(at least with the stigma that's normally attached to the word 'addiction'). It's all about emotional regulation. If i start doing heroin everyday for a month, i'll probably get the ever-dreaded opiate withdrawl symptoms, but if i was'nt dependent emotionally on the drug then I dont have to go through the HARDEST PHASE of kicking an addiction and that is: resisting the psychological mechanism that came with the sweet feeling it gave me. This applies the same to TV and lots of other things in life. I use to whatch tv CONSTANTLY as well, but it came to point when it was just a distracting and pointless investment, so i ditched it. If my family were to dump the regular tube however...i bet it would be a sad sight. 

I understand that you never had any withdrawl, but if you are claiming you were addicted to TV in the same way i think my brother is addicted...well, lets just say it's going to take a couple more unconvoluted testomonies for me to consider it.  :wink: 


--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: David_Scape]
    #1652430 -

nope.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1653493 -

Quote:
Mcdonalds food!




What was i thinking, mcdonalds isn't food. :smirk:


--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1660271 -

I take that back there is conscieousness in television today.

I guess when i said that i was thinking, about commericals.


--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1660301 -

DO YOU WANT A MAACKKKGRIDDLE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How abouut an Ale? Meiste Meiste! FUCK my televisiones. i just spent time out camping... away from tvs... computers.... it was nice. i feel better because i was away.  so much better my abs  hurt  :lol: MAC RIDDLES. ow :shake:.

:thumbup:  :laugh:


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1661746 -

commercials are awesome, especially infomercials.

last night, i ate like...3 pot brownies and stayed up watching infomercials until 4 am.

beautiful, the best art humans have ever made, because they didnt even realize their own genius.

all infomercials have meaning, they reflect how twisted and demented the capitalist mentality truly is. I reccomend the Tony Robbins "personal power" informercial to anybody who hasnt seen it, that guy is the new jesus.

plastic wind-up teeth. chattering along.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (06/25/03 03:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: whiterasta]
    #1661794 -

Fuck my TV

Does it have boobs? Well, of course it is a boob tube. What I meant is, it it cute? Will I have to send flowers and call the next day?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1661839 -

Kenny Bus said:
i stopped watching tv a couple years ago, life becomes more instense. but i never know what people are talking about, like the new "reality series" give me a break.  i know a kid whos got all these anti social disorders and shit, hes never had a taste of the real world, and stereotypes everything with the medias opinion, he tells me how he knows how it is, cause he watchs tv. i'll experiance life for myself and you can keep your pop culture 




AMEN brother!!! I havn't had cable in months because I can't afford it since I live on my own now and honestly, I don't miss it at all. The only shows I miss are the simpsons, and some shows from the discovery channel. Other than that, I think TV is a total waste of time and dollars. Dollars that can go into more acceptable recreation ----->  :stash: :bong: :loveeyes: :lol: 


--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1663357 -

I saw this earlier... what would you have done?


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Sclorch]
    #1663386 -

:laugh:  . lol ... i dont know. i would hit that bitch in the face! break that screen... bleed on it then cry. then smear my blood on it. then write fuck you on it.  for some reason that picture makes me angry.  its pretty cool though. i like that.


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1663393 -

for some reason that picture makes me angry.

Yeah... it's the FOX logo.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Swami]
    #1663003 -

Swami, i "fucked" a tv :nut: . it was for a project kind of thing. i will try and get pictures of it. just so you can see what i really did to it.

AtomicFunkSoldier - you might like it too. its better than a normal TV.

but then again, you might hate it and give me dirty looks.  :lol:  :laugh:


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* future of evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
1stimer 5,473 50 10/07/02 03:31 PM
by postalboy
* People on TV Grav 1,591 17 12/13/02 12:24 AM
by Cow Shit Collector
* Why I don't like flashing images on TV
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 3,883 53 12/24/03 11:42 AM
by Phluck
* church on tv kaiowas 858 18 09/15/03 11:34 PM
by infidelGOD
* Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye.
( 1 2 all )
YellowSubmarine 2,844 25 08/15/03 04:10 AM
by fireworks_god
* wake the FUCK up!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mitchnast 9,704 90 10/22/03 09:47 AM
by ska8ball
* Life is Fucking Great!
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,746 25 10/28/03 11:41 AM
by fireworks_god
* We know everything's fucked,
( 1 2 3 all )
Squatting_Otter 2,870 43 02/15/04 12:04 AM
by Squatting_Otter

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,944 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.