Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Fuck my TV
    #1647869 -

I know this is old but the other day just me and my good friend smoked together. We sat and watched some movie an I realized how not only the 'TV generation' was raised by there TVs. Most people were. For example I would have no idea that a cop says 'Freeze!' when hes arresting you unless I had seen it happen. But because of movies and TV I think I know this shit. I know this doesnt make much sense but hopefuy you know what Im talking about.


--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1647997 -

yes especially when it comes to new slang.


--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1648005 -

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: World Spirit]
    #1648069 -

yes. movies and T.V., etc. are supposed to stimulate our minds. to make us have fun from our daily routines. some may not need it but the masses watch TV.

its like they are living out what you wanted to do. which may make it fun at piss you off at the same time....


--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: shr00m]
    #1648108 -

I wish they didn't always show people running away from the cops... No one ever stresses that fleeing from an officer is a felony in lots of states, so kids run away from cops to avoid like a misdemeanor alcohol violation and get felonies.


--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Malachi]
    #1648146 -

Can I make sweet love to your TV instead?

Mmm... cable.... *drool* [/Homer]

Oh right... TV programming sucks for the most part.
The only good stuff is when they talk about which celebrity prefers violet wands over butt plugs.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1648238 -

For example I would have no idea that a cop says 'Freeze!' when hes arresting you unless I had seen it happen.

Doesn't it mean to shake uncontrollably with chattering teeth?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Swami]
    #1648374 -

No, it means you put a stop on the transfer of all your monetary assets. Duh, Swami.
hehe
Peace


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1648516 -

I'm not a big fan of television anymore either - talk about ZONING OUT man wow!! Imagine if aliens were watching us sitting there staring at these boxes - I think its way worse than computers because at least there can be a social/interactive aspect to computing.. but man television is a total zombie-creator.

I'll admit there are some shows that are pretty cool, but the fact that its all driven by corporate advertising and government turns me off.. now the internet is starting to become all corporate as well, and its only a matter of time before "they" start policing this realm as well..... lol and people wonder why depression and anxiety are taking over


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/20/03 02:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Strumpling]
    #1648600 -

I think it is obvious that the company that sells Prozac has the government's hands tied with their money... hehe
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1648626 -

Futurama
Family guy
(adult swim, eh?)

Good tv, no? I agree programming on the telly sucks, but there are thos shows....


--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: David_Scape]
    #1648905 -

yea some shows are really funny but if you think about it...some of the 'common sense' you think you know is from movies or tvs and thats bullshit cuz half of thats not real. you cant know anything because someone tells you...you have to see it or experience it


--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1649052 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1649075 -

DellComputers said:
yea some shows are really funny but if you think about it...some of the 'common sense' you think you know is from movies or tvs and thats bullshit cuz half of thats not real. you cant know anything because someone tells you...you have to see it or experience it



Exactly. They sell you an opinion. The danger lies in accepting it as your own.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1649241 -

Don't forget that TV has brought us such greats as Airwolf, Mr. Wizard (Anyone remember that one?), and the Dukes of Hazard. The internet would also not likely exist in it's present form if at all, without TV.

I think it depends a lot on what type of "Programming" (Funny they actually call it that) you watch. There is plenty of oppourtunity to learn on TV if you watch things such as Discovery and TLC.

There are many things that TV allows you to see that you most likely never would get to in real life.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (06/20/03 11:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1649391 -

Mr. Wizard...aah. My mom hated Mr. Wizard. I was always making horrible messes or using up all the baking soda because of Mr. Wizard...


--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: DellComputers]
    #1650484 -

TV can be a great thing.

I know a lot of trendy pseudo-intellectual types think that getting rid of their TV makes them culturally superior to the masses, but it really just disconnects you from the reality of today's conciousness.

TV teaches, reflects and controls how everyone thinks. Books have done this for centuries. Conversation has done this for even longer.

TV is a dying media anyways. The internet is already many times greater than television could have ever hoped to be.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Phluck]
    #1650501 -

i stopped watching tv a couple years ago, life becomes more instense. but i never know what people are talking about, like the new "reality series" give me a break. i know a kid whos got all these anti social disorders and shit, hes never had a taste of the real world, and stereotypes everything with the medias opinion, he tells me how he knows how it is, cause he watchs tv. i'll experiance life for myself and you can keep your pop culture


--------------------
KB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1650587 -

i used to think i hated TV.
watching it while tripping is just too much fun sometimes though.
now i watch TV like a researcher watching an ant farm in the lab.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck my TV [Re: Phluck]
    #1650734 -


I know a lot of trendy pseudo-intellectual types think that getting rid of their TV makes them culturally superior to the masses, but it really just disconnects you from the reality of today's conciousness.

Very true.

Today's conciousness = A bunch of whores. Enough said.  :tongue:


I do like the discovery channel and funny shows that immatate life and know how stupid our society is.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* future of evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
1stimer 5,473 50 10/07/02 03:31 PM
by postalboy
* People on TV Grav 1,591 17 12/13/02 12:24 AM
by Cow Shit Collector
* Why I don't like flashing images on TV
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 3,883 53 12/24/03 11:42 AM
by Phluck
* church on tv kaiowas 858 18 09/15/03 11:34 PM
by infidelGOD
* Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye.
( 1 2 all )
YellowSubmarine 2,844 25 08/15/03 04:10 AM
by fireworks_god
* wake the FUCK up!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mitchnast 9,704 90 10/22/03 09:47 AM
by ska8ball
* Life is Fucking Great!
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,746 25 10/28/03 11:41 AM
by fireworks_god
* We know everything's fucked,
( 1 2 3 all )
Squatting_Otter 2,870 43 02/15/04 12:04 AM
by Squatting_Otter

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,944 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 36 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.