Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: CheeseBurgler]
    #16571666 -

Okay thank you.  I was wondering what it may be.  I mean, they look okay, but they look week.  They aren't as chipper as other pics I have been seeing this past month.  Like you said, lack of light or fresh air... I'm no pro.. :rolleyes:


--------------------
"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly]
    #16572364 -

These mushrooms are crying for fresh air.
Next time use a shotgun FC to get good results.

Psilobilly said:
Propagator tek:










--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16573376 -

Doc_T said:
These mushrooms are crying for fresh air.
Next time use a shotgun FC to get good results.




I tried the SGFC (if you click on previous page there are photos)and it wasn't working too well. As soon as I transferred the cake to the propagator they accelerated and many more have pinned. I'm trying to sort it out but like I said I'm starting another terrarium with a heater, ultrasonic humidifier and air pump etc. etc. probably on Wednesday. I have another 6 colonised or near colonised cakes.


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly]
    #16573576 -

Seen this on uk ebay lol...

Mushroom Kit

Actually their terrarium is similar to the heated propagator I am trying to use!

The kit title is a slightly tongue n cheek!


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly] * 1
    #16573582 -

w/e


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16573591 -

Doc_T said:
w/e



:pedrophile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16573644 -

Doc_T said:
w/e



weekend?


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly]
    #16573657 -

Psilobilly said:
Seen this on uk ebay lol...




fortunately, what you're looking at is nothing more than gloves, verm, BRF jars, and a FC, all of which you can make/do/buy  yourself for MUCH cheaper than 38 US dollars.

instead of paying out the grill for a one-timer, please try using your SGFC again, but make sure it is to spec first (1/4 holes, 2 inches apart, on all six side, 5-ish inches of perlite) and that you maintain it correctly (misting and fanning appropriately).

i'm not sure how far you got your first try, but please read stuff, and read it again, and again.
heres some good ones.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=255&Number=11961453&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#11961453

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2&Number=14508610&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2&Number=14436961&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#14436961

read before you make any crazy time/material wasting decisions.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: CheeseBurgler]
    #16573679 -

YouKnowEdDavis said:
fortunately, what you're looking at is nothing more than an expensive joke




--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16573724 -

yip did the SGFC to spec, but I think the ambient temperature was too low and I had 2 1/2" of perlite.

As long as we get shrooms for this weekend it'll be worth it, I have plenty more cakes and new equipment to use!


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly] * 1
    #16573737 -

:whippedcreamhead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: SimpleFarmer]
    #16573758 -

Psilobilly said:
yip did the SGFC to spec,... I had 2 1/2" of perlite.





SimpleFarmer said:
:whippedcreamhead:




I don't see this thread becoming any more productive so I'll back away quietly now.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16573828 -

Doc_T said:
Psilobilly said:
yip did the SGFC to spec,... I had 2 1/2" of perlite.





SimpleFarmer said:
:whippedcreamhead:




I don't see this thread becoming any more productive so I'll back away quietly now.



:lolsy:


--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: k00laid]
    #16575474 -

If you really did it all to spec and such, you may be putting your chamber in the wrong place. Cramped places like closets, small rooms, and basements aren't the best for getting FAE. Those are usually in need of a fan to push the air along.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: naturesrevolt]
    #16576150 -

naturesrevolt said:
If you really did it all to spec and such, you may be putting your chamber in the wrong place. Cramped places like closets, small rooms, and basements aren't the best for getting FAE. Those are usually in need of a fan to push the air along.



Thank you for an intelligible response unlike the minority of smug gits on this site! :cool:

The SGFC was in a small bedroom sitting aloft a table just under the window. It was only a 20L container which could be a factor but I think it needed a fan as you so rightly suggest. The ambient temperature was also possibly slightly too low.

I'm building a mechanised 50L fruiting chamber tomorrow, Ultrasonic, heated, perlite/clay pellet, airpump with diffusers. I am going to wire up an 80mm computer fan on a 4.5V line. I am going to build the fan into the lower part of the chamber to extract air. The small fan and US humidifier will be on electronic timers. The heater stays on and has a thermostat. I am playing it by ear but I probably won't shotgun it to the extent of a SGFC, however I will see how it goes and adjust the setup. I used PC fans very effectively years ago in a fish tank setup.


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly] * 1
    #16576162 -

At least us "smug gits" know that you need more than 2 1/2" of perlite :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: SimpleFarmer]
    #16577022 -

SimpleFarmer said:
At least us "smug gits" know that you need more than 2 1/2" of perlite :wink:



If they have dictionaries where you come from Fat Guy I suggest you start using it, however if your expansive achievements reached the dizzy heights of knowing how much perlite to use then you quite possibly will not grasp such a concept.

:heart:


--------------------
"Steal a Little and They Throw You in Jail, Steal a Lot & They Make You King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: Psilobilly]
    #16577180 -

Psilobilly said:
SimpleFarmer said:
At least us "smug gits" know that you need more than 2 1/2" of perlite :wink:



If they have dictionaries where you come from Fat Guy I suggest you start using it, however if your expansive achievements reached the dizzy heights of knowing how much perlite to use then you quite possibly will not grasp such a concept.

:heart:



:facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: PussyFart]
    #16578422 -

What is a dictionary going to do for me? At least I know how to follow directions :wink:

Edited by SimpleFarmer (07/24/12 05:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could I use a fishtank for growing mushrooms? [Re: SimpleFarmer]
    #16579506 -

Please don't resort to insulting. The "smugness" of the community stems from hundreds of people asking the same questions about the same situations; they also expect to get tailored, let-me-hold-your-hand answers. I also failed to mention on the perlite situation. You do need more perlite depth. And please thank the community for pointing it out.
Your newly suggested setup sounds expensive, exotic, and high maintenance. I wouldn't use all that stuff just to grow some mushrooms unless I was trying to start a business, and then I wouldn't be doing cubes. The custom rigged fan sounds a little extreme too; a fan should be on and in the room, not directly blowing on the mushrooms.
Lastly, the pictures posted earlier in this thread showcasing a forced air system with the aquarium has the problem that both the feeder port and exit ports are on the top, this will only circulate air in the top of the chamber and not throughout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Growing mushrooms.. TheMagicalMushi 2,306 2 12/01/01 10:54 PM
by Hammerloaf
* Is growing mushrooms really this easy? dopemaster 9,761 15 01/02/19 02:45 PM
by Tweeq
* New here. Newbie questions.
( 1 2 all )
Ninja_Mushroom 7,974 27 09/09/08 11:05 AM
by FaeFire
* Growing Mushrooms?
( 1 2 all )
SevHoeSev 3,674 22 02/27/03 03:48 AM
by CosmicTourist
* Ez-grow mushroom kit
( 1 2 all )
40oztofreedom 13,351 31 10/26/02 01:23 AM
by 40oz
* Easiest Way To Grow Mushrooms MazatecMon 52,870 7 04/18/02 05:23 PM
by LSD_4me
* So i've decided to grow mushrooms =) Professer_Puke 3,066 15 05/29/02 07:53 PM
by ChromeCrow
* Ez-Grow Mushroom Kit? DannyBoy 3,442 11 02/01/03 08:42 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
35,797 topic views. 4 members, 66 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.