Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: TM]
    #906720 - 09/25/02 05:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I must admit that before I learned how to grow I bought the kit from Sjamaan. At the time i got three kits for $120 on special, with total yeilds (4 plus flushes) of about 500 wet grams.
I would never do it again because i get much more fun out of doing the work myself but it served its purpose at the time.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: Ripple]
    #906724 - 09/25/02 05:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's a great deal! I assume you mean 500 per tub.

After the 4th flush of my first one, I chopped the cake and spawned a couple of trays of poo with it. They're colonizing now.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
    #906736 - 09/25/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes it was per kit, first flush was about 180 wet grams

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offline40oztofreedom
Stranger
Loc: NH
    #907002 - 09/25/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info guys!I wasen't expecting so many responces in so little time,thanks!
Now I live in the USA,I am sure most of you live here to,so what is the best kit thing I can buy in the USA?I don't realy want to send money to another country,you know.
Is there anything else out there,that kit thing thats already colanized or what ever sounds nice.
Thanks

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: 40oztofreedom]
    #907147 - 09/25/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Homestead sells a great product . I have not used the EZ grow kit , but was given a classic kit , I also have an old kit (15yrs old ) I have been using the old supplies (with exception of new spores ) and experimenting . It is turning out much faster than anticipated . As I said they sell a great product and garantee it , would reccomend it if you are lazy .

I agree with Mickey though,...... you could by the stuff yourself for at leat 30% less, but a lot more time finding and deciding what to get is spent .

Mickey .......... In regards to the illegality of it ........ I think they sell it to you seperated , and then you mix together . So it is not premade "substrate" with mycelium growing thru out .

They also have a creative way of shipping for descreteness , mine came in a box marked "PARISHABLE " , and was a box for a seafood suppliy wherehouse .
If you chose to buy from them , I personally think for the money , the classic with a cultivators book is the way to go , you get alot more out of it , and learn shitloads more ! Ignore what they say (homestead).............it took 5 weeks for my stuff to come , and person who gave to me used credit card !!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck :cool:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: tripndicular]
    #907451 - 09/25/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Mickey .......... In regards to the illegality of it ........ I think they sell it to you seperated , and then you mix together . So it is not premade "substrate" with mycelium growing thru out .

Yes, this is 100% true for the Homestead family of kits. I was talking about the fully colonized trays available from the Netherlands and the UK.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineMYSTICMUSHROOM
Stranger
    #907453 - 09/25/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OK just to get things straight...what kit is it that you bought from Sjamaan? they have a bunch of kits...which one is it that is PICTURED IN THE POST? Wich companys are you guys talking about that you say sell "illegal" spawn. or some shit

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: MYSTICMUSHROOM]
    #907456 - 09/25/02 02:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sjamaan sells illegal spawn. Buyer beware.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflinePharmette
Loc: Seattle Area
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #907513 - 09/25/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think the main point about the homestead kit (which I have used with great success but Im not that rich) is that it is guaranteed. If you get contams they send you a new kit no questions asked, except for the questions you ask their "support staff"about "cultivation questions". So although it is way expensive (for 108$ i can do the PF tek or rye like 25 times or something... I dunno I never really added it up cause I just seem to have all the ingredients on hand now) but if you're just looking for something easy and want to party it's a good deal. Because honestly c'mon people mycology and home cultivation is a hobby someone has to be pretty passionate about in order to get really good. If you aren't trying to understand the science or the life-cycle of the mushroom is can be alot more trouble than its worth, no matter how much you love the end product.

--------------------
When you're living life like a show, you got to take a bow to all the people you know... ~Sublime~

OfflineTrip_Out_7
PaRTy aNiMaL

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #907536 - 09/25/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ripple, You paid 120 bucks on special for your shroom kits? That's a rip off!!! I checked out a head shop where I live and they're selling them for like 90 bucks for 3!!!!! And that's just regular price.

--------------------

Edited by Trip_Out_7 (09/25/02 02:56 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: Trip_Out_7]
    #907541 - 09/25/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He was talking about paying that price for trays which were already fully colonized and ready to fruit out of the box.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Ez-grow mushroom kit [Re: Roadkill]
    #994157 - 10/26/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

we have a member named > fortyounces2freedom....btw

thanks for looking out Roadz...  :crazy: 

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds